BL: Art's impressions

Started by Art Blade, December 19, 2010, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Its good to hear the map is so big, at least when you quit out of the game, it still remembers your kills to date, so you dont have to repeat the quests :)

I dont think I would have the time to play Moxxie, I just couldnt commit that much time to one sitting :(
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Gaming is time-consuming, I agree :) And about the map (areas and so forth), it is indeed nice that you can keep whatever you took and on returning, stuff respawns. Good for weapon chests, too :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Well, you don't so much notice how long it takes when you're running for your life  :-D

Art, those weird items are part of a trophy/acheivement quest on the console versions called "must've been quite a part . . ."  You have to collect so many panties, pizzas, and sets of 3D glasses.  I'm not sure what happens on the PC if you complete this, so I'll look forward to your report  :-()

Art Blade

mmosu, so far it has been a set of relating quests and I brought all parts to (what was her name) that female "scientist." When I had delievered the last part, out of nowhere a counterfeit tin can version of her popped up next to her desk, it looked like a puppet. That's all.. Now I have quests from Mr Blake going.

However, I needed some more action, so I returned to Moxxi's and I have just finished round 7 (35 waves of lvl61 opponents). Apparently the number of opponents increases with each round.. I said it were like 40 per round but now I keep getting stats at the end of a round that keep increasing, the last round was 54. Hehe. So far I killed 321 opponents. The rules that change every wave do differ, we already know these, and the regular quest used to apply two rules at the same time only in round 5. Now playing round 6 and 7 I had to continue playing with two rules every round like, enemies and player move faster, and enemies spawn with better weapons. Or: The player keeps losing health but will regain some by killing an enemy, and enemies are more likely to dodge. That sort of thing. Unless they strip me of my shield, I like the challenge :)

Going to start round 8 now  :)

Round 8 of course had three waves without me having my shield. 59 enemies, 380 total. Although I don't like that "naked" rule, I usually play very carefully and manage. I survived :)

Round 9 now...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

round 9 had only 46 opponents, so I think it's kind of random. But gee, some Bosses are so freaking mean it takes like 20 mags to put them down  >:D

NOOooo! Round 10 starts with THREE rules!! ..and there are four entries in the rule table. So at some point, supposedly beginning with round 15, there will be four rules...  :o ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on January 16, 2011, 07:10:22 AMround 9 had only 46 opponents, so I think it's kind of random.

Well, round 10 had 67 opponents.. they made up for those who missed out on round 9.
493 kills now.. all heavy stuff.. if you guys want to earn money or level up, this is the mod for it. Some nice weapon drops (loot) might occur, too.. I'm now at around 75% completion of level 61. If it goes on like that, I might end up lvl62 :)

Art Blade

I gave up trying to get to 20 :)

On my way I got killed in a corner of the map without an enemy I could have killed to get a second wind, it was wave 5 of round 12 and I had to restart round 12 (at least not from round 1) and then I got killed in say wave 3 or 4 of round 14 ("naked" and my aim had been reduced and the enemy had regenerating health... lol), meaning I had to restart round 14.. I spent the entire evening with that dome, killing I don't know 700 or 800 badass lvl61 opponents.. it was a lot of fun, but after a couple of hours even I have enough of that fun  :-()

By the way, if you want to quit, get yourself killed and then choose to get back to the Underdome. Like that you can keep what you got, but if you quit in the middle of a fight (ESC, menu) you'll lose everything.

Art Blade

Fun with enemies.. there is a way to have some fun :)

All you need is some creatures on one side (their territory) and some bandits on the other side (their turf).
Now you run through the territory of the creatures towards the turf of the bandits.. when you get there, with all those creatures foaming with rage in your wake, the bandits may want to shoot you but they'll quickly realise that they need to turn around (and away from you) so they can fend off the creatures which are very happy to express their gratitude to the bandits that at least they care about them. Meanwhile you get yourself out of the line of fire, preferably on higher grounds, and enjoy the melee and massacre going on down there.. all you need to do is pick the cherries when they're ripe  >:D

You can do that in New Haven a lot and other places. :)

Of course you can try to drag bandits towards the creatures.. but bandits can shoot you in the back.. not half as funny.  ;)

Fiach

You can do it in Fyrestone :)

Drag the skags onto Boneheads men  >:D

Art Blade

Yeah, did that a couple of times  ;D

mmosu

That's really fun when you get a elemental skag or a big, nasty alpha to spawn, then lead him to his feeding grounds  :-()

Art Blade

;D

I had more often than not been playing with small stuff, like those scyths or what those crawling, squeaking fire bugs are called, particularly around New Haven. There they are next-door neighbours with those bandits. I led either one of them to their respective neighbours to encourage a chat.  :-() It looks somewhat like the film alien when they jump at the faces of the bandits  ^+-+

Art Blade

Alright.. finished the Claptrap DLC.  :-X

This was by far the best (apart from Moxxi's Underdome when I really want to fight, hehe). Both the story and the level design were great, it was pure fun to see the numerous robots of all shapes (all known enemies turned into some kind of Frankenstein monsters) and the claptraps themselves were extremely funny to look at (kind of hundreds of different outfits, form soldier to ninja, lol) and particularly satisfying to shoot them up.

I'm now level 62 and free to wreak havoc all across Borderlands (and its DLCs). More than 76,000 shots fired and more than 10,000 enemies killed so far.. great fun.

I really am glad and happy that I decided to get this game and its DLCs. One of the best games I've played so far, with and without DLCs, and the fact that finishing the story doesn't finish the game (free roam and loads of respawning enemies) makes it even better  :) :-X

Art Blade

Currently I am sifting through my arsenal of weapons and throw away what isn't good or fun to use. The stats on a weapon data sheet don't always reflect the usability in real combat situations. So sometimes impressive stats prove worthless because of small details.. for example, if the weapon dishes out a lot of damage per round but the fire rate or magazine size causes you to stall and lose a fight (well, not necessarily dying but taking unnecessary damage).. particularly hordes such as skags or psycho bandits that stream towards you can render a powerful but slow weapon useless. So the fun part is to free-roam and go on seek-and-destroy missions of your own choosing where you can test weapons. Sorry, bandits, that you keep losing your lives while I have fun testing weapons, but such is life. Err, death.  >:D

I like a combination of a powerful revolver combined with a 20 rounds shotgun and a fast firing sub machine gun that deals explosive elemental damage as well as considerable conventional damage. One slot is free for whatever else I've got, usually another revolver or perhaps a proper combat (assault) rifle. Like that I can wreak havoc all across the planet  :-()

Borderlands is fun for free roam, you'll always find a couple of willing targets  ^-^ :-X

What would Mordecai say?

"EHEHEHEHEhehehe!"   >:D

Art Blade

Hehe, I've thrown away (not even sold) weapons worth millions of dollars. Classified Dark Orange = very rare objects, with rare attributes and unusual stats, thrown away. I don't need to sell them because I made 9,999,999$ during my career, and once you get there, money never goes any lower than that amount. I can buy or sell whatever quantities for whatever amount of money, it remains 9,9m. So I throw the stuff away, maybe some children find the gear and erase their hometown with it, I don't care. Not my planet, anyway >:D

When I started the game, I had trouble finding good weapons and even more trouble buying better ones. I remember someone (Fiach?) commenting about weapons with 400+ damage while I was still labouring with less than 100 damage.

Now, I just payed Skagzilla a visit. H's a badass boss type, part/goal of an early quest, yet he keeps respawning. I still get goosebumps and the shivers when I hear that dinosaur voice of him out of the blue, the screen respectively your view really shakes (nice visual shocker element) when you're nearby and he hollers. Well, I used one of my remaining sniper rifles with explosive elemental damage and considerable regular damage and fired a single shot into Zilla's gob. He couldn't stomach it and croaked immediately. One shot. Cynical as Mordecai is, he couldn't help but say, "Nothing like a challenging kill."  ^+-+

Now I've got only  40 items to carry around with me, probably 15 of those are class and grenade mods and one extra shield (overloaded higher capacity yet slower regeneration compared to my favourite shield). That means around 25 weapons, which are snipers, revolvers, assault rifles, shotguns, SMGs, and repeaters. No fricking rocket launcher, hehe. I usually have for each weapon class a few different elemental types and at least one with just regular ammo/damage.

Oh I forgot, I have assorted Eridian (alien) weapons in my bank account over at Moxxi's Underdome, but I rarely use them. It was fun when I found my first Eridian weapon, a sniper and a blaster ("pew pew pew") because they regenerate ammo, a good thing back then. Now I have the ability to regenerate ammo using the gunslinger class mod, it generates ammo for revolvers and repeaters. The sniper class mod generates ammo for sniper rifles. Then I have weapons that do that on their own: A shotgun, a revolver, an SMG, and an assault rifle. Which means, I never need to worry about ammo, I have unlimited capacities with those :)

Art Blade

Anyone who wants to level up like mad.. get the DLC with General Knoxx, do the main mission, and then go to the mission board to grab one that is called "You. Will. Die." -- It is about the "secret" level boss Crawmerax which is a giant  crab that will be permanently accompanied by three massive lackeys (they get replaced when killed) until it dies. Took me half the afternoon to accomplish that, and now I'm about 80% into level 68  ^+-+

By the way, it doesn't matter which level you're playing, that boss will always be a few levels above you.  ??? I know because I saw that mission before and thought, wow, going to level up first. When I returned, it had levelled up, too.

PZ

Good to see you enjoying the game so much, Art  ;)

Art Blade

cheers :)

Actually, some may call me names now: I finished a 20 rounds 5 waves each competition at Moxxi's Underdome on my own. Took me 5:30 hours, including 2 small breaks. I am positive that I won't do another 20 rounds. I feel a little hammered now  ;D Killed 1,305 level 68 enemies.. oh boy  >:D

Fiach

HOLY CRAP! Hats off to you mate :)

Art Blade

^+-+ cheers  :-() :-X

It was insane.

mmosu

Like I said before, I only did this once using a mule to lower the spawn level of the enemies, so doing it legitimately is quite a feet - hats off to "The Blade".  :-D :-X

Art Blade

lol, cheers, mmosu :)

To do the remaining levelling-up, I killed Crawmerax again. Now I'm level 69.  >:D

mmosu

Farming Crawmerax and his minions is also a good way to quickly gain weapons proficiency - it just needs to be something you can land long shots with. 

Art Blade

i.e. scoped weapons.  :) Playing that Crawmerax and the 20x5 waves at Moxxi's unlocked an achievement, "I fired every round there is" (100,000 shots)  ^+-+ I helped my proficiency by modding it to 50 the second time I killed Craw. The first time I was on like 15. Also, 50 helped me at Moxxi's 20x5  ;)

ninzza

I'm considering to check out this game. Looks fun to me.  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳