BL: Art's impressions

Started by Art Blade, December 19, 2010, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

Oh yeah, the "Meat-popsicle" midget, I never really understood what his purpose was other than as part of the midget hunt.  When I killed him I somehow managed to get him to stay on the porch of the next shanty over, and I stood back at a distance and picked away at him until he went down - little punk nearly drained all my ammo, I would've hate to have seen what would have happened if he had actually come after me  :-D

JRD

I did the same... he somehow can`t go out of that shack (phew  :-D )... It took me all my ammo as well... little prick ba$t@rd...  >:((
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I run the 1.41 patch and have all DLCs installed, so the high level cap is in place here.

A far as I understand it, the game essentially matches your and your opponent's level. Until you get that far, you'll eventually see enemies of higher levels or even a skull ("don't even try") where the level would be seen on an enemy's health bar / indicator.

Now at level 60 in the dome, I've never seen any level indicators. But by comparison, if I fire my most potent lvl60 revolver that deals 1,100 damage points per round (PLUS 4x elemental damage), only very few opponents fold to a single shot, and only if it takes off their head, probably they had been injured/weakened previously by some of my stray bullets from like shotguns. So they can indeed stand multiple hits with lvl60 weapons until they finally croak. That lets me believe that they are actually lvl60 opponents. For instance, a Boss in the arena takes so many shots that he usually cracks my shields (talking about like 2,000 shield) and nearly drains all my blood (something like 1,000 health) before I eventually kill him, if at all, usually I need to retreat and recover and try again to kill him. Headshots that take off an opponent's head can usually be performed at close range with my elemental shotgun that deals like 7x160 (=1,120) or so damage PLUS 2x acid damage. So again, I do believe that indeed I am coping with lvl60 enemies  :) And thank you, JRD  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Correction: I can now CONFIRM that they are indeed level 60 opponents. For the first time I saw the level indicator next to an opponent  >:D

Instead of playing I thought about that lvl60 I just saw and didn't pay attention (just started the dome) and actually croaked the first time then, it caused me to end up in a penalty zone (cage) where I wasn't allowed to move around (imprisoned in that cage I believe in the centre of the map) but I was allowed to shoot if I wanted to continue, or restart the entire dome (back to round 1 wave 1).

Of course I restarted  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Alright then, I won the last dome (The Gully) of those three ("prove yourself" mission complete) without dying (after that "restart"). 284 lvl60 enemies killed (kills from the very first wave still counted, from before the restart). Took me 70 minutes (without that very first wave).

PURE FUN >:D

The reward for completing that mission:

Spoiler
one extra skill point to spend :)

By the way, I started the dome at more or less precisely lvl 60, and now I'm halfway through lvl60.. if I did that again, I'd probably reach lvl61 :)

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on January 11, 2011, 07:48:38 AMlittle prick ba$t@rd...  >:((

I don't think you'd like to meet King Wee Wee (dwarf) on level 60.. whoa. He was one opponent in The Gully (dome) ;D

Art Blade

I just want to add that I use legit weapons and gear.

I did skip a couple of levels by jumping from I think 37 to 50 and after that straight to 60. I modded my savegame so that my gear is also level 60. My Bloodwing is on level 6 regarding all artefacts (corrosive damage etc), but I overdid the skill tree (I maxed out all three skill tree branches). I once modded my weapon efficiency level for pistols and sniper and shotgun, "only" to level 15 (my pistol was already lvl10, sniper like 5 and shotgun I think was on 9).

So the kick comes from my character level 60, my maxed out skill branches, and my legit lvl60 weapons (see the modding topic, basically all I use, most of the time, is my Hunter's Defender elemental shotgun which regenerates its ammo, and my chimera revolver that randomly deals three types of elemental damage, and occasionally a few other weapons like a sniper and and another shotgun that deals extremely high damage with shock elemental damage but has got a low accuracy of only say 20%). And I make use of legit character class mods a lot, mostly Assassin (deals extra corrosive damage) and Gunslinger or Sniper to regenerate respective ammo. At lower character levels I used to use the Scavenger mod to get a lot of loot, but now I know I don't need any more loot. I have my favourite weapons that can't be topped for my taste, and meanwhile I have regularly collected 9,999,999$ which gives infinite money (I can't seem to get lower than 9,999,999$ even if I spend a lot).

For me the fun is, after having completed playthrough 1, to play on a very high level 60 and face REAL opponents and not Mickey Mouse impersonators with water pistols  >:D

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Art Blade

Been a little since my last post.. I have been busy with all kinds of things, but I have resumed playing BL.

I'm not going to test Moxxi's 20 rounds x 5 waves too soon, instead I went on with the next DLC, Fort Knoxx.. I'm just about to enter the fort.

So far, this mod is very entertaining regarding new enemies, vehicles to drive around with and the jobs are not to bad, either. It is quite big, I have to travel around a lot. Usually I prefer to walk, but in this mod distances are considerable so I use one of those three vehicles available.

The only thing, in general, that annoys me about every DLC so far is that no matter how many areas (maps) there are "inside" a mod, when you quit and later resume the game, you'll always start at the very same spot at the beginning of the DLC (first map). While in the vanilla game you're starting in the area you quit, the DLC forces you to traverse half a world to get back to the location you quit the last time. Bah  >:(( However, it may be of use, some times, when you have to go back to the first map to report in.. just quit and restart.. saves you the journey. Well.

Going to knock Knoxx out of his boots now  >:D

Fiach

I would suggest you read up a bit on "farming" in the armory of Fort Knox, there is a workaround for unlimited time in there that is worth checking out before you kill the boss.

As regards quitting in DLC, the worst I have seen is in Resident Evil 5, you cannot save your game in the 1.5 hour DLC's. So I never got to finish them.  :'(
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I've killed the boss already. The loot wasn't that spectacular.. actually I didn't pick up anything, just opened a lot of chests looking for pearl weapons, but none to be found, so I ran away and watched the armoury blow up.

Which was nice :)

Oh, and now I'm on lvl 61 :)

(actual levelling-up from 60 to 61 without modding)

Fiach

Yes but you can return repeatedly and farm the chests until pearls show up.

mmosu

Or just build some pearls - much easier and less time consuming  :-()

General Knoxx is probably my fav character - some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is rediculous funny  ^+-+

Art Blade

Thanks for the tips, Fiach and mmosu :)

I'm still using the same guns, mainly my chimera revolver and the hunter's defender acid shotgun. And a few more for fun. The chimera combined with the gunslinger class mod is practically unbeatable. For example, in the Knoxx mod there are vehicles patrolling the highways. Two or three shots with that revolver takes them out.  :) Those stupid probes that line the roads, same. I used to get out of my car to unleash the power of my handgun rather than fight for minutes with the rocket launcher turret of my ride and on top wait for the car's shield to rebuild :)

By the way, I encountered a glitch. I was unable to "turn in" for the mission that included to survive those four special squad attacks (those guys with red-glowing samurai swords). I had completed it (by surviving) and the map marker where I was supposed to turn in was in a location that used to be a road block in a previous mission. There was nothing I could meet, switch, or do, the marker was there but I couldn't finish it. I solved it by marking it finished with the WillowTree program.

Now I'm playing the Claptrap Robolution mod (lol) which looks quite promising so far :)

mmosu

Man, you're moving fast  :o

Art Blade

Haha, yes..  :) Basically all I do is mission after mission (err, if possible, a couple of missions at the same time, practical if their goals are located in the same area) and get rid of opponents as fast as possible in between. ;D

Art Blade

Oh man ;D

I liked a mission by Mr Blake, had to scurry through a massive cave and restart some power plant. Fun, all the opponents that I already know are there, only they all wear their brains in a jar and are robots :)

This is insane: Three missions in a row, always the same task, only the numbers differ. I am supposed to collect parts of claptraps, and if I can't find any parts just lying around, I am supposed to rip them off their spines (kill claptraps). So the first mission was I believe 25 parts, the second 75 and the current one 100 parts. The problem isn't so much to rip them out of claptraps that recently died of perforation, the problem is that I keep perforating claptraps just as fast as you'd eat peanuts. And they're gone just as fast, too. There is no area respawn, unlike FC2, so my simple solution is to save and exit (which just means going to the main menu). Because on reloading the areas respawn  :-D

I just "harvested" 75 of 100 (well, and those parts from the previous two missions) and I can't get any more claptraps to show, hence exit (time for a post here) and restart :)

Fiach

Handy to know, thanks for the tip mate :)

Art Blade

welcome :) I found that out accidentally. I was happy because I had cleared the area when for some reason I had to quit to the main menu (probably because I was going to edit the savegame). When I returned, all freaking enemies were back on and fresh as a morning breeze, so I had to do it all over again.

That means, if you cleaned a difficult area, don't exit so you can continue the next time. Better continue just right away and exit if you're actually through with the stuff you have to do in that area.  :)

Art Blade

Oh, a funny side note: Collecting parts from claptraps (robots, mind you) I found one "part" that looked funny. Like pink panties. And the sign that pops up when you check what it is reads

QuotePINK PANTIES
You collected.. pink panties? Wait.. what? You're taking them? Ok..

^+-+

Art Blade

oh dear, the fourth mission is to collect a ridiculous amount of claptrap components: 150. Exit, restart..  ^+-+

Fiach

Clap Rev sounds a little boring fro what you say, am I mis-interpreting at all, or is it a bit sucky?

Art Blade

Oh no, it's not boring. On the contrary, it keeps you bloody busy  ;D

Only some missions take a lot of time (maybe that's what you'd call boring) like now, collecting 150 claptrap parts (it's just stuff that pops out of dying opponents, same as any gear, it's got that green chalice symbol) translates to: kill 150 claptraps. If I hadn't found out about the restart trick, it would have taken ages to trudge around the entire DLC world looking for rogue claptraps. Right now, I've returned from an extensive walk through that map which I used to just enter, harvest, and leave, but it is massive. I didn't know that before because the map marker is very close to the map entrance. This time I took a different route and that led me through the entire map which of course I wanted to explore. It is called Hyperion Dump, by the way, a massive scrap yard. I encountered a lot of different enemies, all robot versions of regular creatures.

I found another funny part:

QuotePIZZA
It's an oil, pepperoni, and cheese pizza. I guess even robots get the munchies.

^+-+

Art Blade

For a change, I'm back at Mad Moxxi's Underdome and playing at level 61 (so are my opponents). For starters I played one "Colosseum" (I prefer "dome") again, the first one with 5x5 waves, because I couldn't find a way to play those 20x5. Then I thought what the heck, is my DLC broken.. and then I found the stage which had been closed before I finished those three domes. On the stage are entrances to the same domes, but rather than counting 1, 2, 3 they're called 4, 5 and 6. Currently I'm on round 4, which means 9x5 waves in a row, unbeaten  :)

The only rule Moxxi may apply which I don't like is "NAKED" -- no shield but any enemy might pop up, so I had to fight four waves already, naked, against badasses, two bosses with their lackeys and one horde. That's rather difficult but doable. One of those waves took only perhaps one or two minutes, I was afraid of getting killed naked so I quickly finished them off before they could get me with my pants down, lol  ^+-+

I think it is the best DLC, action-packed adrenaline rush and LOADS to shoot. Usually a round consists of 40 opponents. Some waves may consist of perhaps 10 to 15 opponents (hordes), some only of three to five (bosses, badasses). I never managed to count them of course, it is too dangerous to stand still doing something that has nothing to do with killing or surviving. The only time I did that I got killed (I told you about that, when I decided to restart the dome).

My new favourite weapon is a repeater pistol with 4x fire damage and 12 rounds at a rather high firing rate. Since my gunslinger mod keeps producing ammo, I can't run out of it.. and it packs a punch (around 200 damage per round, x 12 rounds.. quantity hehe) even if elemental damage isn't working. :) I also have a repeater with 346 damage per round and a 42 rounds mag, yet no elemental damage. However, it shoots so fast that it doesn't matter  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳