NeedForSpeed:HotPursuit (2010)

Started by Art Blade, November 27, 2010, 08:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

On topic:

Today I've tried something I hadn't before, go to the mission map and select a cop race but go into free roam instead. Now if you do it like that, you can free roam in a police car of your choice and even use sirens if you like  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Cool - do people pull over/get out of your way when you run the siren?

Art Blade

Yes... at least every time you force them to by roughing them up and knocking them out.  :-()

Seriously, no. You and they are just traffic, only you sound and look different.  :)

However, I did a couple of "races" on the cop's side. It isn't half as bad as I thought, and maybe this is a recommendation: Once you've reached lvl 20 as renegade, your driving skills are good enough to start as a cop. Now that you've learned how to drive, you can take racers down with less difficulty.

Then again, the cops have different race types which actually make you learn how to drive really carefully while trying to beat the clock: Events that simulate a quick response, you need to get to a location as quickly as possible without ruining your car.. Every time you hit anything, you'll collect a time penalty which means compared to renegade driving (when you don't care about your car, all you care about is to get away) you can't do that as a cop (the chief of department.. remember those films like Lethal Weapon when Mel has to report in all the time because he wasted tax payers money.. lol) hence your job is to get to a location without touching anything to get the best score (time to beat). That does help to improve your driving skills.. so maybe if you start out as a cop, you might actually be a better renegade driver.. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 03, 2010, 11:51:56 AM
... to beat the clock: Events that simulate a quick response...

Oh my gosh!!!  :'(

Art Blade

it is a RACE after all..

and not a bloody walk in the park.  ;D

PZ

Give me an old Model T, an old country road on which to travel, and we'll call it good  :-()

Art Blade

now you're boasting. Stick to that wheeler of yours.. that wheelchair, that is  ;D

PZ

Art Blade

OK.. now I'll tie you to the rear end of my Bugatti and drag you out for a spin.. don't forget to lubricate the axles   ;D

PZ

lol, reminds me of a Chevy Chase movie in which he had tied his Aunt's dog to the bumper of his station wagon...

Art Blade

I've tied a zebra to the front bumper..

Art Blade

What I like about games like these is if you can drive freely without having to compete in any event. Right now I have alt-tabbed out of NFS:HP to take a look at OWG's boards and thought I could as well drop a note here.

Sometimes I just feel like chillaxing, not competing or shooting, and after a day playing Borderlands Mad Moxxi's Underdome (high level opponents in an arena, great shooting but also a bit exhausting after like 20 rounds with 5 waves each, and around 1,000+ kills) driving around in an exotic car of my choice is just the right thing. I used to do that (still do sometimes) with TestDriveUnlimited and back in the day with previous versions of NFS (particularly when they were still based on illegal street races).

Good game :)

PZ

Sounds like a nice relaxing time  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳