Man, this is embarassing..

Started by Ricamundo, April 09, 2009, 01:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

Ok, i'm in the swamp(HofD) and i've just reached the crevasse with the crashed plane down inside it. I dispached the few mercs hanging around the area, and when i went to cross over to the safehouse...damned if i could figure out how to get across. :-\

This is crazy, i've done this twice already. Now i cant find the tree, or whatever it is im supposed to use. :o

I think my ageing mind is going.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

If I remember correctly you can go left, around the crevasse, then down into it.
From there I suppose you just keep walking and find your way up again. Or you go up through the right side and find a tree or rock to cross...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ricamundo

Thx JRD, I had forgotten to go right to the end of that crevasse and go up and over from there.

I'm a bit depressed now. i've finished my 3rd playthru, so to avoid overexposure, i'll have to play another game for a few days, or till i can't stand NOT having my daily fix of FC2. :D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Check out spaceboy's latest video Ricamundo, that'll get you all charged up again!  I can't wait to get the DLC and start practicing with IEDs on the ATV left in front of the UFLL or APR headquarters...

spaceboy

Thanks for the comment PZ.  Getting an IED to stick on the ATV is an art.  I did it once (after DB's great idea), then I couldn't do it again.  I dropped 4 IEDs trying to do it...so since I hate wasting good explosives I drove an assault truck on top of 'em and blew it sky high.  It nearly landed on me.  I did video it but it kind of stunk  :P
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

That's curious spaceboy... have you tried picking them up?  When I misplace one and it falls to the ground, I often see the hand icon which allows me to pick it up again.

JRD

The hand icon seem to appear randomly... some of them I can pic up, some I just can't.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

well, I can't say I've been smart enough to try too hard.  I did look intensely at like the first one I dropped and no hand icon appeared, so I never really tried again to pick one up. But honestly I only started using IEDs more other than laying in the path of a convoy...

PZ

I too experience what JRD indicates - it's funny that the recommendations are ti use the IEDs for boring things like putting them in the paths of trucks - never a mention of car bombing!

Dweller_Benthos

I think you have to be out of IEDs before you get the hand to pick one back up, not sure, but that seems to be the case.

As for sticking them on the ATV, it is a bit tricky. Be sure to crouch down and get as close as possible. Aim for the fenders or directly at the front or back. Don't forget you can also stick IEDs to other IEDs, whether they are stuck on something or not. I had three or four stuck to each other on the front of the ATV once.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spaceboy

thanks for the tips D_B.  I'm going to have to check out parking an ATV on top of 4 IEDs.  When I did it with the truck, it must have flown 15 ft in the air.  I can only hope the ATV soars pretty high.

RedRaven

have found that if your IED does not stick and no hand icon appears if i drop more on the floor i can pick them all up when hand appears, not sure if its supposed to w@&k that way, i like stickin them on the wheels and parking near as many other vehicles as possible, even to the point of collecting vehicles and parkin them up in loose square. BIG BOOM!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I think that it is - as long as you still have IEDs in your satchel (or wherever you carry them) you cannot pick them up, but consistently when I've placed them all or have run out, I can pick up the loose ones again.  Not sure if it is deliberate, but it is reproducible.

Art Blade

that would explain why sometimes a whole set of IEDs layed out doesn't seem to set off entirely...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳