Asura's Wrath

Started by mmosu, October 09, 2010, 02:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

:-()

And I'm not going to split this topic!  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Don't you dare!  ;D :-X

JRD

If he does, I'm stitching it right back the way it was...  :-D >:D ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Heh, reminds me of something I witnessed long ago.. two game server admins kept kicking each other off the server. But we don't do that here. We may be silly, but we know where to draw the line :)

As in where to split a topic, for example..

And when not to  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Lol @ the two admins - what a pair of clowns ::)

You do a top job sorting out our rambling discourses, Art! Good on you :) :-X

Art Blade

mandru

Quote from: JRD on October 15, 2010, 03:46:30 PM
If he does, I'm stitching it right back the way it was...  :-D >:D ;)

^+-+

Quote from: Art Blade on October 15, 2010, 04:04:04 PM
We may be silly, but we know where to draw the line :)

Yeah!  A slap fight with overly crusty baguettes slathered with Limburger cheese and mustard sardines at dawn.   :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

mmosu

Back on topic, I just saw this newer trailer - still looks extreme, still so nutso over-the-top that I'm at a loss to adequately describe it, but all that being said I'm eager to see more.
Asura's Wrath Trailer

Art Blade

mmosu

mmosu

The first trailer is particularly interesting to me, because of the esthetic it presents - that is, "gods" as technically advanced beings with essentially unlimited technology.  The later stages of Mega Man Legends 2 had a similar vibe and that really sucked me in all those years ago when I played it.  These trailers gave me the same feeling. 
It seems the gameplay centers around filling up power gauges that cause Asura to sprout more arms.  The more arms he has at a given moment, the more of a powerful state he is in.  This is accomplished by short bursts of fighting-game style play punctuated by a button press mini-game that results in something spectacular, a-la God of War.  One of the comments on YouTube made be laugh: "these guys eat Dragonball Z for breakfast!"  ^+-+

Asura´s Wrath - E3 2011 Full Demo Gameplay

Fiach

Quote from: mmosu on September 19, 2011, 07:34:36 AM
The first trailer is particularly interesting to me, because of the esthetic it presents - that is, "gods" as technically advanced beings with essentially unlimited technology. 

I'll definately be getting this mate :)

I see you have a PS 3, if you had a 360, I would recommend Too Human, it was a 360 exclusive afaik. Basically its based on Norse Mythology, but the Norse Gods are loaded with techonlogy. You play as Baldur as you try to solve a particular mystery.

The game got bad reviews for a number of reasons :

1. It used the right control stick for attacks, so you had to basically learn a new control method, so people hated it .... funnily they love it in Tomb Raider GotL  :D. When you get used to the controls, you wonder why more games dont use them as they are so fluid.

2. They forgot that it was an RPG and couldnt understand that you had to build your character properly to be effective.

3. Reviewers expected an open world, so they were disappointed that the forest parts were like  dream sequences, so they were a bit miffed.

4. One of the devs got into a fairly heated argument on a game forum and came across as a complete dickhead, which caused alot of trolls on game forums, when people discussed the game.

5. If you died there was a longish sequence of your body being lifted up by Valkyries and brought to Valhalla that pissed off the more impatient gamers, the sequence had significance later in the game, which was rather poignant.

Trailer :
Too Human Trailer

Gameplay :
Too Human Gameplay & Combos
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Fiach

Here is a PS3 game you may like, Trinity Souls of Zill O ll, you have a team of three and you can unleash attacks using all three people together, its a nice mix of hack n slash and tactical combat.

Trinity Souls of Zill O ll gameplay ps3
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

Too Human reminds me alot of Devil May Cry!  :-X

I like themes like this.  It goes back to the movie Stargate, which gave a new spin on Egyptian mythology by using the religious symbolism and recreating it's "dieties" as alien conquerers who ruled over the nation.  It's easy to imagine - an ancient man would have likely perceived a technologically advanced being as a god.   

fragger

Quote from: mmosu on September 19, 2011, 12:58:54 PM
...an ancient man would have likely perceived a technologically advanced being as a god.   

Absolutely true, mmosu! Witness the Cargo Cults in the Pacific after WW2...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke (he means from the point of view of a primitive individual).

mmosu

That's a great quote fragger, and very true  :-X  If you've ever seen the movie The Mothman Prophecies, there's a thought provoking conversation that takes place on this topic.  Richard Gere's character is talking to a researcher who has catalogued sightings of strange beings throughout human history.  The researcher tells him to imagine yourself observing a group of ants heading for disaster.  To you, their problem is obvious, because from where you sit, you can see a little further down the road.  Richard Gere responds with something along the lines of "if they want to help us, why don't they just come out and say what they want".  The researcher looks at him and says "do you feel the need to explain yourself to an ant?"   ???

I hadn't heard about cargo cults before either - your comment led me to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

fragger

Cheers mate :)

I know of The Mothman Prophecies but haven't seen it, looks like an interesting film (looked it up on IMDB) :-X

In fact I'm going to the DVD rentals later to pick up a few movies for tonight, will keep an eye out for that one.

mmosu

I actually live about an hour and a half from where those real events that the movie is based on took place and I have many relatives that still live in that area.  It's a very interesting series of events, especially for me being that I have those ties. 

Art Blade

Interesting read, regarding cargo cults.  :-X

fragger

:) It is a fascinating cultural phenomenon.

@ mmosu, I watched The Mothman Prophecies last night, very interesting film indeed :-X No wonder those events have some significance for you! There was a Special Features disk included which had an hour-long documentary about the real story, which was way more disturbing than the movie... it gave me the flipping creeps :-\\

Just out of interest, did any of the relatives you mentioned see anything odd at the time?

mmosu

Not to my knowledge (at least none of them have ever admitted to it), but even today it will take you about an hour of asking around there to locate someone who either did, is related to someone who did, had a neightbor who did, etc.  The collapse of the Silver Bridge was devastating to that small community, there were so many families effected by the deaths.  The strange thing is that the sightings preceded the event by months, and were remarkably consistent across eyewitness accounts from normal, honest, hard working people who had never met each other.  I don't really believe in stuff like that, but that doesn't mean it still doesn't give me the creeps, because those people saw . . . well . . . something - I guess being so close to it makes it more real!

fragger

I try to be an open minded skeptic about things like that, but maybe because I've had a couple of odd experiences myself I'm a bit more amenable to the idea (though I experienced nothing like those people did). Even so, I'm certain that about 99% of reported oddities over the years have mundane explanations. When a Point Pleasant type mass-experience is shared with such consistency among so many otherwise rational and down-to-earth people however, I can only conclude that something profound must indeed have taken place. I guess we'll never really know what went on there.

Tags:
🡱 🡳