Artificial Dumbness

Started by JRD, March 12, 2009, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

Well, I respect ingenuity, so I thought you should have the credit.    ;)

Art Blade aka Human Torch.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

I respect that  ;D

Today I witnessed another example of AD. I had to cross a bridge, on the other side a GP. The guys there saw me, got in a truck, but couldn't get away. I hesitated a moment and decided to just watch.

They moved back and forth, halfways stuck between a hut and a corrugated iron fence. Some mercs were interested in what was going on there and homed in on the truck.

They did that a while until the car started to smoke. The whole process was accompanied with occasional "Aaa-haaaaaarg" sounds until everyone over there was dead. The remaining merc (the driver?) then condescended to walk to the bridge... then he too was a goner. Just one single shot to clean up an entire GP? Cheers, AD  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: DKM2 on May 01, 2009, 12:20:24 PM
Quote from: Art Blade on May 01, 2009, 08:59:38 AM
Only recently I was wondering why the hell the grass around me started to burn, ran away, and again the grass burning around me. It was me burning, a walking torch, who set the grass alight with every step LOL
This should go into tactics, "how to quickly spread a fire with no wind present"

LMAO!!!  :-X :-X

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on May 01, 2009, 12:51:11 PM
I respect that  ;D

Today I witnessed another example of AD. I had to cross a bridge, on the other side a GP. The guys there saw me, got in a truck, but couldn't get away. I hesitated a moment and decided to just watch.

They moved back and forth, halfways stuck between a hut and a corrugated iron fence. Some mercs were interested in what was going on there and homed in on the truck.

They did that a while until the car started to smoke. The whole process was accompanied with occasional "Aaa-haaaaaarg" sounds until everyone over there was dead. The remaining merc (the driver?) then condescended to walk to the bridge... then he too was a goner. Just one single shot to clean up an entire GP? Cheers, AD  ;D

hahahahahaha,.... I can relate Art - I watch the same kind of activity when I'm playing with the Datsun mercs at the southeast bus stop in Bowa!

Art Blade

I have proof the animal AD works too!

Bully Attacks Jeep:

[smg id=263]

I was on top of a hill getting a diamond, when I noticed strange noises from down and behind. What I saw was that idiot bull bullying my car! He did that for a while and dropped dead... <sigh> AD...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Wow a bullying bull.  These programmers have gone WAYOUT thee.  It's awesome what everyone will find or experience yet.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Good one Art,  I wonder if any of the FC2 animals have ever head-butted a human...

Hacko

Quote from: PZ on May 03, 2009, 11:35:36 AM
Good one Art,  I wonder if any of the FC2 animals have ever head-butted a human...

I had one run into me once while playing, he just stood there after running into me, then ran away. I'm suprised it didn't drop dead after hitting me, what with the animals soft craniums in this game. :)

Art Blade

haha you guys!  :-X

In Bowa, between Airfield and Marina, there's an underground location. The animals that run around there (goats, I think) sometimes do go after you, and cars too... That's why you see them dead on the road sometimes, because the merc patrol doesn't care much.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on May 03, 2009, 11:35:36 AM

I found something related on this forum (wildlife from behind):

Quote from: spaceboy on April 16, 2009, 04:50:11 PM
post away Art!  Last night a water buffalo came up to me right after I took out a truck with a grenade and he just stopped like 2 feet in front of me face to face...I was so shocked.   Then he just took off running and smashed head first into the destroyed truck which knocked him out cold.  Weird.

Well, if they do, they sure spare spaceboy  ;D

spaceboy

Thanks for remembering my post Art!  I was just thinking of retelling that.  I think he ran away because, well, I'm a scary merc.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

You sure are spaceboy... anyone ever tell you that you look like Johhny Cash?  I'll bet the mercs in town are surprised seeing you toting a gun instead of a guitar...

spaceboy

Just got out of Folsom and went straight to Africa!  Who says I don't go into Pala with my guitar?  You ever see Desperado with Antonio Banderas?

PZ

hahaha, yeah, that is definitely you spaceboy, I can see you now, strollin' in singin' "I walk the line..."!   ;D

Art Blade

hahaha, you two should never part

Art Blade

Yesterday night I went for a stroll and drove up to the fort in Leboa (I'm "on holiday" there, since I've already got permission for Bowa. I like to drive around in "the old world" with my GL truck sometimes).

Well, beneath the fort to the right is that little guard post, right on the foot of the hill, and I silently killed one of the mercs there. The other one took notice and snuck around, trying to find me. He then guessed I was in the hut (where the ammo crates are) and decided to chuck a grenade in.

I was lucky that I was only close to the hut, but not inside... so I snuck around behind the merc, who was now listening to the fireworks he had just initiated. Intrigued, he went inside to observe it closely... and got shot by the stray bullets. I couldn't believe it when I watched him walk right into the bursts of bullets... funny mercs, haha  ;D

Art Blade

Today I watched something... On my way to Sefapane, I had equipped myself with a different loadout at the arms dealer nearby, I saw a Liberty driver and gave chase. I rammed him, he stopped, I drove away, I got out and shot at him (whole clip, no headshot). Now the essential part. He stopped his car again in a manner I could see the right side of it. So when he got out, he disappeared "behind" his car. I thought he sought cover there and waited for him to pop up again... which he didn't. Alright, I went looking for him and found him lying beneath his car. Apparently he had forgotten to make use of the handbrake. Subsequently, he had been rolled over by his own car.  ;D ;D

PZ

hahaha, your story reminds me of a real-life incident told about a colleague of mine - apparently he was sitting in the back seat of his car, seat-belted in and managed to run over his own foot with his own car as he tried to exit the vehicle.  I know, I know... how did he do it - at first I didn't believe the story teller, but when I asked my colleague, he confirmed the story.  I believe it to be true; here are a couple more experienced by this guy:

• Driving along the freeway, seeing something up on a hillside- climbing up to investigate only to find that he can't descend - had to wait several hours for rescue.
  • Sawing down a tree on a hillside - so far, so good - then when he cut the side branches, the log started rolling downhill, toward my colleague, of course.  Rather than jumping over the log as any normal person would do, he tried to outrun the log with the inevitable outcome.  I'm surprised he wasn't hospitalized.
He appears to be programmed with the same AI as the mercs in FC2!

Art Blade

LOLOLOL!!! some people! Reminds me of a real-life incident. Some old bloke around 80 was hospitalised with about every bone in his body fractured. You know, jokes spring to mind such as "patient X, who had been run over by a steam roller, has been relocated to rooms 10 to 14". When asked what had happened, it was quite mundane. He had attempted to climb a ladder to pick cherries off the top of the tree and slipped. Free fall at that age isn't half funny :)

spaceboy

uh oh, real life "artificial" dumbness opens a whole slew of stories.  how about tying a Christmas tree to the roof of my car THROUGH the open windows - great until I wanted to open the door.  Yeah, I did that - a long time ago...  :-[

PZ

hahaha .... spaceboy, I'd never have guessed!  Reminds me of the Chevy Chase movie - Christmas Vacation!   :-X

spaceboy

That was a great movie.  I won't even go into all the funny parts, but I just love when he's in the attic watching the old movies of when he was kid...with Ray Charles' "That Spirit of Christmas" playing in the background.  Ray's CD by the same name is my utmost favorite Christmas album, followed closely by Johnny Mathis and Vanessa Williams.

OK, back to topic.....sorry.

PZ

Andy Williams is tops for Christmas albums for me...

... also sorry, couldn't help myself...

Art Blade

I don't know why it doesn't bother me at all if people here slide off topic... like this time, it simply made me smile a lot reading that...

...very sorry to have been off topic.  ;D

retiredgord

Heck Art why apologize.  We all get off on these tangents.  It's one of the things about this site that makes it so enjoyable. What's fu too is the topics everyone comes out with. Any visitor might think they've wandered into Feeble Corridor 2.  hahaha.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳