First videos

Started by spaceboy, January 22, 2010, 06:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

All I can say is I'm sure glad I like both 1st and 3rd person because this game sure is looking like EPIC FUN...

Check out this one......ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy   ;)
[smg id=1880 type=av]
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

WHOA!

NICE! :-X :-X :-X

I think I've seen him throw a hand grenade once  ;D ;D ;D

Btw, 720p was really crisp, incredibly good quality vid
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Really impressive...
Who needs realistic physics??  ;D ;D ;D
Over 100 vehicles... and large jet planes... which you can graple from one another ON AIR

Watch and die James Bond muahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahua  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

hehehe! "Eat your heart out, John McClane"
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

;D

[smg id=1881 type=av]

Art Blade

[smg id=1882 type=av]

Art Blade

[smg id=1883 type=av]

Art Blade

crazy stuff! the first vid is a nice trailer, the one before the previous vid shows a kind of tame version of gameplay, and the previous is really good action, I like that :)

Oh BOY Oh BOY Oh BOY Oh BOY Oh BOY!  ;D

Art Blade

[smg id=1884 type=av]

Art Blade

[smg id=1885 type=av]

Art Blade

I guess those are the most recent and decent vids (apart from spaceboy's vids on his page).

• 1,000 km² free roam island
  • single player only
  • non-linear gameplay
  • three factions to w@&k with/for
  • causing as much chaos as possible to advance in game
  • around 100 different vehicles including ships, cars, bikes, planes and helicopters
  • different clima zones (desert, jungle, arctic etc)
  • release 23 or 26 March 2010

oh BOY!!!  ;D

fragger

Quote from: JRD on January 22, 2010, 07:51:17 PM
Who needs realistic physics??

Absolutely, mate! Since when is it engraved in stone that all games have to be "physically correct"? :) If it's exciting and fun, who cares whether it's doable in the real world or not? It's a game, and fun is the whole point of the exercise.

I like one of the devs' comments: "It's the laws of physics on drugs"!

This game looks out of this world, like the only limit to what you can do is your own warped imagination ;D

Thanks spaceboy and Art for posting the cool vids :-X

RedRaven

Quote from: fragger on January 23, 2010, 01:50:21 AM
Quote from: JRD on January 22, 2010, 07:51:17 PM
Who needs realistic physics??

Absolutely, mate! Since when is it engraved in stone that all games have to be "physically correct"? :) If it's exciting and fun, who cares whether it's doable in the real world or not? It's a game, and fun is the whole point of the exercise.

I like one of the devs' comments: "It's the laws of physics on drugs"!
Totally agree, if all games utilised 'REAL' laws of physics and such they would cease to be games and become simulators.  In the games that do employ the laws of physics, such as Arma 2, OFP2 and even Stalker, they do so for a reason - usually to bring more realism to the setting. And at times thats what we want from a game. On the other hand, the game we all have in common - FC2 does not use real physics, at least not for the ballistics of weapons. You can use any of the sniper rifles to get your cross hairs centred for a head shot, and regardless of distance, wind, rain and such it will hit the target.
With Just Cause 2 it seems they are going much more for the James Bond style action, guess you could call it 'Hollywood' physics.
  In the end, as fragger says, Fun is the whole point of the exercise. How popular would Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario and Tekken be with Real world Physics?

Personally I cant wait for it to come out, only hope is that it comes close to FC2 for playability.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

They managed to come up with a game that mix elements I love:
- "Real guns" - no plasma, laser etc... nothing against those games, of course, I just like it better when you are using bullets and rockets
- Human enemies.
- Destructible environment as in Crysis
- Interaction with NPC - factions and all
- Lots of vehicles like tanks, jeeps, helicopters etc
- OPENWORLDGAME  ;D ;D ;D
- Non linearity
And they did that exagerating on physics to provide the ultimate fun.. IT IS really looking great!

OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Nice, JRD, those are also very important points, how could I have forgot to mention those  :-X

Indeed, no monsters but destructable environment  :-X Remember the previews for OFP2? "Why go into that building where the sniper hides, shoot a rocket through the walls and take him out!" and so on. It was a joke, really what made it into the final game. This time, JC2 seems to be already finished, I believe it is going to be better :)

And what the hell, in a game like that, real physics? At least I would end up more than once as a big red splat covered in the tattered remains of my parachute, sliding down the front side of a skyscraper or decorating some car's grill  ;D

spaceboy

thanks for those other vids guys!  And great points all.  I've got 5 games I'm interested in the next 2 months (scary I know) - MAG, Heavy Rain, Bad Co. 2, GOWIII, and JC2.  More and more it's JC2 I think will provide the most amount of long term fun - the world just looks like a playground.

Funny about the real physics thing.  One representative on the JC2 forums said something like.  "We didn't use real world physics and that's what makes Just Cause 2 more fun than real life.  Unless of course your playing Just Cause 2 in real life, in which case it's just as fun only on a smaller screen"   

spaceboy

Oh, something else I read on the JC2 forums is that that "red flash" on enemies you see in some of the gameplay vids is gone.  It was supposed to indicate you were hitting them with gunfire or whatever but people complained about it and they removed it.  I think that was a wise move to remove that bit of arcade feel.  Blood is good, red flash is bad...   nice that the devs listened to the fans  :-X

Art Blade

great, indeed :)

Hm, "blood" makes me think of my country's attitude... I'll try to get a US or UK version  ;D

PZ

Reminiscent of Fuel, FC2, and Uncharted 2  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳