Currency and trading

Started by JRD, February 11, 2010, 04:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I realise I get paid in cash for some quests I decide to accept, which is always welcome!

As I got to the bar I was trading with the barkeeper, so I traded some artifacts spare I had, plus some other stuff for a nice decent rifle with a fair scope to pick foes from afar.

But I only saw an option to trade, not to purchase... is it possible to buy goods or services without giving something away?
Right after I got my brand new shining rifle with a scope I went after a quest (find a lost family rifle) and shot a guy from far away... what a great feeling, so far I only had ironsights... went to loot the body and guess what was his weapon of choice? Yeap... same as mine...  :D

So, also, any tips on how/what to trade?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

You shouldn't need to have to sell anything in order to buy from anyone.
As for trading tips - its all too easy to horde stuff and end up with a collection of equipment, weapons and artefacts that you keep "just in case" you may need them. I usually sell all the weaker artefacts that are easy to come by as the penalties they impose make them dangerous to use for such little benefit. Also all food and drink too as its easy to come by when you actually need it.
Another think to do to maximise your income is to unload every gun you find and sell the gun and ammo separately, it may not seem much but you get the same for the gun either way and ammo will add just that little bit more.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Thanks Red...
I was so desperate for a better gun with a scope view I culdn`t resist trading stuff for it. I`ll go back a couple of saves and not trade anything... stashes are easy to find and with the 100kg mod its even easier to manage your belongings.
I was just out the bar... killed a few army guys and met one scientist outside the area... it won`t be troublesome to do itain!!
Cheers mate!!  :-X

Art Blade

A little trick (at least works with CS):

When you are in a "shop" (like, arms dealer) save your game. Then check the merchandise for valuable stuff. If he's got nothing of interest, reload. The stuff (in CS) is random in a way, and reloading should give you different merchandise to choose from.  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

That's what I do...  ;)

In SoC, items available at the traders are random too, so if you load and reload a savegame it should give you different options to purchase... no big differences though, items should belong to the same "class".

Same goes to items dropped by enemies. If you save, shoot a guy, load, shoot the same guy again and again, he'll drop different stuff every time!

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Its the same in CoP too, and ammo is really expensive from traders. Had not noticed that with corpses though. Cheers.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

I noticed when I shot a guy and he dropped an artefct, a grenade and a medkit... I died right after killing him, attacked by a horde of boars. After reloading, I shot the very same guy at the same place and he gave me only ammo and sausages...  :(

Art Blade

if only he had dropped a large trout, you could have slapped him with it for being such a cheapskate  ;D

RedRaven

A relatively easy way to generate much needed funds is to gather low-end artefacts for sale, one of the best places for this is the area around the main road that leads from the transition point between the Garbage and the Agropom Complex. There are often plenty just bobbing around on the ground that are easy to get with only a few dogs or soldiers to deal with. Also if your in a position to ignore or deal with the radiation there are usually a fair few dotted about the many mounds of rubbish in the Garbage.

Remember that you can always shoot at an artefact to move it if it is in too risky an area to reach. As they suffer no damage it is worth the cost of a few bullets.

wexer9

Good tip. And remember to sell them at Yantar, where they pay the most amount of money.

Tags:
🡱 🡳