Bulletstorm

Started by deadman1, August 28, 2010, 02:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I'm closing in on the first page of the leaderboard as well. Currently ranked #19 for skillpoints. Gotta get roufhly 1.000.000 more skillpoints to enter position 15, which makes me on the first page ;)
Hope to get that done this week, since i'm busy working and can't play every day ;)

Anyway I really feel satisfied having completed this 50.000 achievement which was actually the last one to get for me. I have my 1000g for the game in GfWL now, and I actually didn;t encounter other players yet who managed to get all the achievements.
I know most gamers hate the achievement strategy added to games by GfWL, but when you allready have beaten several games completely (I mean obtained all achievements) it gets sort of an addiction to max out every game you play in the achievement kind of way.
In many games it means having endless searches through the game for special attributes to find, luckiely not in Bulletstorm. I think the achievements are well chosen for the game. You need both skill and dadication to get them, which is the way it was ment to be in the first place. I like that.

I remember playing Dead Rising 2, and in order to get all achievements there you had to find every single product that there was to find in the game. You had like a hundred shops all containing different stuff so that was a pointless search of days to find them all. Also there was an achievement where you needed to kill 72.000 zombies in one playthrough, which basically ment doing nothing but ride over groups of zombies with a hummer-like vehicle for hours and hours, and only take a few little breaks to do the storie missions on time. No skill neede for that, and the 'dedication' asked for it was a little too much of it, in my opinion.
It's simply not interesting tyo know what different stuff all these shops sell, only a small amount of these product was fun and usefull in the gameplay so what the hack?  :D

Anyway, concluding so far that I really enjoyed obtaining every achievement for bulletstorm, and I'm also a little proud of it  :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

well done :)

I only go for stuff I like, and if I don't see any fun in it, I won't do it. That's why I don't care about that sort of thing but that one particular challenge, "Anarchy Master," was something I had wanted to achieve because it was a cool challenge. It is even more satisfying to know that we managed to get it with a team of only two players while others still haven't got it with four players.  :-()

I know here at OWG are a couple of players that try to get everything there is, like those 1,000 diamonds in FC2 (something I did only after having finished a lot of play-throughs and only because JRD "made" me to)  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Great job, guys!  :-X

I'm going to pay each of you 10 of my credits  ;)

Art Blade

cheers, PZ :) Going to spend it on free coffee and free pizza.  ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

^+-+ :-X My bank account is rising!

Binnatics

I think it's a great advantage, these credits and all that :) Can I also give them to someone like you did PZ or give a Kudo?  :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

yes, see to the left beneath the avatar of a member there are new options, "credits to: (member)" and of course, "thumbs-up" (for kudos). :)

Binnatics

Well, I just thumped up you, Art, for inviting me to the forum and you, PZ, for the great w@&k you did on getting the site back up and running!!!

Art Blade

;D you know what? "I just thumped  you" made me think of Bulletstorm and the leash upgrade, the thumper, which sends enemies flying up into the air. Then I got your meaning, a slap on the back, a thumbs-up, giving kudos to someone  ^+-+ :-X :-X :-X

Hilarious, my friend  :-() :-X

PZ

Thanks, Binnatics, it's great to have you on the site, and you're already a great contributor!  Thumbs up to you too.  ;)

deadman1

For us PC players there´s now a demo for Bulletstorm for download at Steam. I just DL:ed and played through once and I can see the full game on my HD one of these days  >:D

Binnatics

That's great Deadman, then we can make a team of at least 3 blokes willing to do a nice coop match. Can't wait to try that out  :-X

deadman1

Quote from: Binnatics on April 05, 2011, 02:39:17 PM
That's great Deadman, then we can make a team of at least 3 blokes willing to do a nice coop match. Can't wait to try that out  :-X

That would be cool but I´m going to need a lot of practise before I´m able to go online  :)

Art Blade

deadman, I'm sure that either Binnatics or I could teach you the basics, just a private match so the maniacs outside there don't spoil the fun. It won't take long to get used to the MP tactics and gear (weapons and upgrades) :)

Just make sure that you're playing with a headset (headphones+microphone) or it will be difficult and a different experience. :)

Binnatics

We will guide you through Deadman, you'll be up and running in no time. Like Art said, the headset is a musthave to share best fun, the game really is up for a laugh ^+-+

Binnatics

There are allready TWO DLC's available for Bulletstorm. The problem is that they are expensive. Both 10 euros. Still, I really wanna get those. It's the best game I've played this year, I wanna enjoy it again  :-() :-() :-()

Binnatics

I decided to NOT buy these freekin DLC's. Same for the Dirt 3 DLC's. I have to spend HALF of the original retail price just for some extra maps and cars / weapons. That's rediculous. And it's also rediculous that I HAVE to buy it through Windows Marketplace, which only accepts payments through creditcards.
F***'m, I will never buy anything there. I'll wait for another great game >:((

fragger

??? That's a bit rich, half the RRP of the original game for an add-on. Bloody shysters >:((

Binnatics

I installed Bulletstorm again on my shiny new hardware. Must say I'm glad to hear the Leach lick again ^-^
Occasionally, I checked for the DLC's: There's a new way of paying added to Win Marketplace, plus it self-installs itself on my system and pre-loads with every freakin session of windows :angry-new:
Now it allows you to use Paypal as well, which seems a better way to me than using my wife's Creditcard (I don't have one of my own :-[ :-D)

I was close on buying them, until I found out the prices haven't dropped a bit: still €10,- a piece!!!! And the original game costs only €12,0 now in Holland!!! Thieves >:((
I checked the price at Steam as well: They don't offer any DLC but they do sell the original game for, stil, €50,-!!!!!!!! What is this online business bringing us!!!!! I thought it should be cheaper, not needing to press, ship and sell me a disc, nicely covered in a plastic box with a beautiful cover art. And all they do is charge me MORE!!!!
Ain't that the world upside down?

F*ck these DLC's, I stick to my original opinion on this and I won't let this come between me and the joy I was planning to have in Bulletstorm again.  :)

Fiach

Well I dunno if the game has a strong MP community, but here if its a game like CoD, it will stay at full price for a LONG time as people only buy it for the MP mostly, so they will milk it for as long as possible, if its still got a big player base..
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

It definitely has NOT a big online community. It's okay, I mean there has never been a short of players to do a MP game the first few months, but if you looked at the rankings there were like 2 or 3 hundred players conquering the highest scores online so that's far from a CoD community. I agree with high pricves for games like that; you can have months and months of joy doing the MP games, but for Bulletstorm it's far from that. The DLC's don't offer much extra according to either single and multi player so it's just a way of exploiting imho

Jim di Griz

Quote from: Art Blade on March 12, 2011, 02:35:23 PM
...Let's put it this way: If you like to walk around...and wreak havoc to the best of your abilities (which increase with time and practice) and if you like a FPS game with enemies that you can kill a thousand ways depending on how creative your sick mind works, using weapons that are mind-blowing and render your enemies mind- and headless, if you like non-stop action with insane environments and nice light effects, if you are a fan of mean and explicit language, gore and dark humour combined with a bada$$ attitude, then you're 100% in for it  :-() :-X
This is why People Can Fly bought this trailer out to distinguish Bulletstorm from your average FPS  :)

Duty Calls

Well done on those MP scores Art - I hardly ever found anyone in MP to play with, not that I'd be that good anyway - perhaps I should try again though.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

^-^ :-X

Funny trailer indeed :)

For the online part; I think they should have made the combo kills more easy to perform. And make it possible that 3 or even 4 people contribute to a single kill. It was too easy to do it on your own and try to be better than your teammates. Anyway, when you find the right guy the game could be great fun!

Art Blade

Bulletstorm was good, alright, but when I met Binnatics online and teamed up with him, it quickly turned into a whole new experience and boy, did we spend time on this  :-D :-X

Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳