Time travelling games

Started by JRD, August 11, 2010, 02:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Man I havent played it since release, so its kinda hazy, iirc, you have to keep the reticle on its head for as long as possible, dont let it waver of target.

I'm not sure which stage you mean, but my problem was NOT keeping its head  targetted long enough .... I think (legal disclaimer :)), I just thought it wasn't being effective (the beam), but if you persist and keep the head targetted as long as possible, it kills it.

Sorry but its been awhile :(

On saying that, it was a great fight (looking back on it, not at the time though :)) and I have since fought much worse bosses (Conan springs to mind), but the video was a nice find, brought back some nice memories of the game, I still have it (unlike Timeshift), so must give it another shot.

BTW, at the end, pay attention to a scene related to the start, I hadnt noticed it until someone pointed it out to me.
Also at the end, you have to make a choice, apparently you can reload the autosave and make a different choice, thus getting the Achievement, without having to replay it.

A great and very under rated game I think personally :)

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

KingRat

It must be the 'sensitivity' setting then. I do exactly like that vid; a couple blasts with the TMD and then lock the beam on. Except the stupid beast keeps coming through the beam until 'whack'  :o

If I made it all the way through Blacksite I can probably get this one figured out too  ;D

Fiach

Try to hold the beam on continuously (sp?) if possible, I thought I was doing something wrong as it was taking so long, so it was a lack of perseverance on my part, damn monster was a beam soak lol :)

I heard Blacksite was really crap, I mean really really crap, did you like it?

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on March 21, 2011, 10:52:20 AM
Try to hold the beam on continuously (sp?) if possible, I thought I was doing something wrong as it was taking so long, so it was a lack of perseverance on my part, damn monster was a beam soak lol :)

I heard Blacksite was really crap, I mean really really crap, did you like it?

I liked Blacksite well enough to finish it, although I disliked the checkpoint save system.  ;D Tried a replay recently and was reminded about the save points, so I quit out. Played FEAR and Timeshift back to back then went back to playing Mass Effect 1&2...new DLC coming for ME next week so I'm getting prepped with another run  8)

Fiach

Cool, I'm just catching up on Bioware DLC, just finished Awakening and Witch Hunt (Dragon Age Origins), in prep for Dragon Age 2, which I'm currently playing and enjoying immensely.

I have a couple of ME2 DLC's (OVERLORD, KASUMI, LAIR OF THE SHADOWBROKER) I just havent got around to them yet, but I believe they are very good, I really liked ME and ME2, I think 3 is due later this year, I probably will still be replaying DA2 by the time its released lol :) :)

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on March 21, 2011, 02:34:54 PM
Cool, I'm just catching up on Bioware DLC, just finished Awakening and Witch Hunt (Dragon Age Origins), in prep for Dragon Age 2, which I'm currently playing and enjoying immensely.

I have a couple of ME2 DLC's (OVERLORD, KASUMI, LAIR OF THE SHADOWBROKER) I just havent got around to them yet, but I believe they are very good, I really liked ME and ME2, I think 3 is due later this year, I probably will still be replaying DA2 by the time its released lol :) :)

I have DAO installed that I picked up for the Blood Dragon armor to use in ME2  ??? It came with a 2nd disc with all 7 DLC's...I'll get around to it eventually  ;D

I rate the ME2 DLC in this order> LotSB, Kasumi and Overlord...also Bring down the Sky for ME is excellent.

Fiach

Cool, I'll get the "Sky" DLC, I hadn't heard of it, so thanks for the heads up :), be aware that the DAO DLC needs to be played in a certain order, so be sure to read up on the sequence if possible :

Wardens Keep
Stone Prisoner
Return to Ostegar

After these, I have no other DLC, apart from Awakening and Witch Hunt, but Awakening should be played before Witch Hunt as otherwise you cant import previous characters.

I wouldnt even bother with Witch Hunt, it lasts about an hour and you only get to see Morrigan for a minute, it doesnt resolve her story and the ending is glitched.

Awakeings is very good and its pretty important as its referenced quite heavily in DA2, through extra quests and character backgrounds.

But its a great game and you should have a great time with it :)

KingRat

Thanks for the heads-up on the DAO DLC, I'll be sure and check.

Read a review of the 'Sky' DLC on eurogamer, and the reviewer only gave it 5/10  :(  I think the price is still at 80 ms points, down from the original 400. It's been included on the ME 'platinum hits' version also.

Different strokes I guess, I know I like it and play it every time I load up ME  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳