If you haven't touched FC2 (OWG going wild!)

Started by Art Blade, August 01, 2010, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

we have a saying here, "dirt scrubs the stomach" - in your early years you develop your immunity system that sticks with you for life. So, the more dirt you have on your hands (and put those in your mouth, maybe by merely eating a butty with your unwashed hands) the more your system builds up and the less probable the chances of infections later on in life.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

OWG gone wild! Love it!  ;D :-X
Art, I took that approach with my daughter too.  My wife would get freaked out when she would catch our daughter with something "dirty" in her mouth and my typical response usually was something along the lines of "oh well, that's what her immune system is for".  Not that I let my child sit around sucking on rusty nails mind you, but kids are kids and they put strange things in their mouths including whatever is on their grubby little hands after a long day of play.  Every kid is gonna do it no matter how good you are at keeping their hands clean.  I think a lot of people probably knew a frail little nerdy kid growing up who spent all their time indoors, never was allowed to get dirty, and probably seemed like they were sick a lot (and if you can't think of one then maybe you're that kid  ;D).   

spaceboy

Quote from: mmosu on September 02, 2010, 11:29:10 AM
Not that I let my child sit around sucking on rusty nails mind you

What's wrong with a little extra iron in your diet?

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on September 02, 2010, 09:08:33 AM
we have a saying here, "dirt scrubs the stomach" - in your early years you develop your immunity system that sticks with you for life. So, the more dirt you have on your hands (and put those in your mouth, maybe by merely eating a butty with your unwashed hands) the more your system builds up and the less probable the chances of infections later on in life.  :)

Hehehehe... in Brazil we call it vitamin S as in "Sujeira" = Dirt  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Hahaha, good one, guys  ;D

sucking rusty nails being part of a healthy diet.. not a bad idea. How about sucking on rusty dented knives or razor blades, I believe it's kind of more rewarding for a kid than silly nails.

Vitamina S.. reminds me.. yes, kids put strange things in their mouths.. maybe that's why so many kids grow up with cats and dogs. Always an adventure to crawl around the roots of a tree with the dog minding its own business around that tree or fun to play in the cat's sand box..  8-X :-D Are we so fond of "sandbox games" because of that?  :-\
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

JRD

"Mummy... this chocolate tastes funny"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

^+-+

It about that time parents buy plasticine for the first time and start thinking about clean hands. :-D

Art Blade

I remember a story when parents (friends of my 'rents) of like four- or five-year-old kids told the following:

kid  "we drew some pictures
parent "hey, that's nice
kid "and we hung them up
parent <surprised> "you hung them up?
kid <big smile> "yes, on the wall.
parent <worried> "show me.
kid <in their room> "here.
<some pics on the wall, but no nails or needles to be found at a glance>
parent <puzzled> "nice.. what did you hang them up with?
kid "with a little cream cheese spread.

JRD

If they used cream cheese it`s fine!  ;D ;D ;D

mmosu

Yes, cream chees is much better - as I read that one I was getting more and more worried about where it was going  :-D

spaceboy

Quote from: mmosu on September 03, 2010, 04:29:10 AM
Yes, cream chees is much better - as I read that one I was getting more and more worried about where it was going  :-D
yeah - I figured it was going to be a booger

PZ

mandru

Quote from: PZ on September 03, 2010, 08:37:42 AM
...or construction adhesive  :-()

Uhh, I was thinking of something more like post consumption adhesive.   :o
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

actually, it wasn't cream cheese.

Really.

It was liverwurst/liver sausage.

But that might have been a shock for you so I used something similar but with a cleaner appeal in that story.  ;D

spaceboy

I love both cream cheese and liverwurst - not at the same time mind you.

Oh man, some liverwurst on party ryes - mmmm good.  :-X

PZ

Or spread on authentic French bread - mmmm.....mmmmm.....good :-X

Art Blade

Now those comments really w@&k like a full stop and take out momentum of this little "going wild" thing  ;D

Art Blade

I just changed the subject.

Of the topic, that is  ;D

And I used that "topic note" again.. nice feature  :)

I think this topic is quite spectacular because about everyone who's an active poster at OWG has participated, and we've gone SO off topic, it's been a while we last did that without (me) splitting it off  ;D

Now if you've finished going off topic, how about you posted some screenshots that would relight your fire regarding FC2, or inspire people who haven't played it at all?  :)

Are there people out here who haven't?

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on September 03, 2010, 12:23:26 PM
actually, it wasn't cream cheese.

Really.

It was liverwurst/liver sausage.

Pheeeew!!!  :-D

Art Blade

mandru

[smg id=2538 width=400 type=preview align=center caption="Why indeed!"]

Really, I wondered about this one.  Y?
- mandru

Art Blade

hahaha, nice  ;D

Perhaps to tell some mercs the way. Like, "you need to go LEFT there, and make sure you're running top speed to push away those cardboard rocks which are just fake and used to keep foreigners from using the good roads."

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on September 03, 2010, 05:43:20 PM
...those cardboard rocks which are just fake and used to keep foreigners from using the good roads."

Yeah, a cruel trick orchestrated by a ring of unscrupulous cab drivers who pick up unwitting foreigners, infect them with malaria, rob them blind, and then dump them at the nearest hotel right if the middle of a sparking powder keg - welcome to Pala sucker!  ;D

mandru

Heh heh @  mmosu.  :-X

1. The sign's on the wrong side of the road

2. If the crew that had set it up had dug the hole for it six inches this way they wouldn't have had to spend all that time drilling a hole through the boulder to place it.

Typical from a place being run by at least two factions with opposing views. 

Err...  rather like the U.S. now that I stop and think about it.   ???
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳