Test Drive Unlimited 2

Started by Art Blade, July 31, 2010, 01:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

It's been a while and I had been avoiding the game for some time but I am back since a couple of weeks. Meanwhile there has been an update, a patch, free DLC and the formerly rare Pagani tricolore is now part of the DLC and has been set to normal parameters -- it no longer is better than other pagani.

However, in the meantime there also has developed a rather busy modding community and I learn from them and am enjoying the game once again.

Unfortunately the game doesn't come with its own screenshot ability (why.. o why..) and unfortunately I am not using FRAPS and unfortunately I don't have a steam version which would allow me to make use of their screenshot ability so.. basically there is no way of providing a screenshot taken from my own game. But. With some tools that I "abused" in a way it wasn't intended -- it is a texture modding tool that is used to replace vanilla "stickers" that can be bought and applied in so called sticker shops. The trick is to pick a sticker, replace it, use it and done -- now the individual sticker will be uploaded to the MP server you join and everyone around you sees your individually modded car and the stickers you created. The other form of modding is to achieve cars that wouldn't be available otherwise and tune cars that are not supposed to be tuned, sticky cars that are not supposed to be stickied and so on.

Here is a screenie of my modified and tuned Nissan 370z as seen in game :)

[smg id=4059 type=link align=center width=500 caption="TDU2 Art's modded car"]

And this is my avatar, as only seen by myself when in the dressing room  :-D

[smg id=4060 type=link align=center width=500 caption="TDU2 Art's avatar dressing room"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Binnatics

This kind of convinced me; I'll download the freekin game right now ;)

By the way, nice mod of Go Go Yubari :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Looking good Art :-X Clever texture mod trick! :-D

Quote from: Art Blade on March 09, 2012, 12:03:02 PM
Unfortunately the game doesn't come with its own screenshot ability (why.. o why..)

Beats me why so many games don't allow for that ????

Cool avatars (game and forum). When I first saw your forum avatar I thought maybe you'd gotten into Poser :-()

Binnatics

Crap! I downloaded the game through Steam and am now trying to get a "Atari.com account". Never experienced a sign-up procedure so laggy, damn!
First I tried the in-game link. Nothing happened.  ????
So I browsed my way to the atari.com website manually, and created an account. Easy as that. Than, back in the game, tried to acces the game with my new made account: "Account doesn't exist" >:(
I tried to see if my account needed activation through e-mail; there was an e-mail that routed me back to my account. No changes. :angry-new:
I tried to access atari.com again through the game and found out that windows had close rundll32 because of Data Execution Prevention.  >:((
I decided to play off line and forget about the account for now.
My first impressions of the game aren't too glorious either. First of all, the menus w@&k weird: I have to double click almost all buttons, and sometimes my mouse icon is just gone and I have to use enter to confirm something. I wanted to change a few keys, and more than once it happened that the game didn't react at all at me pressing the keyboard.
The driving is hard; this seems more a racing simulation game than I had hoped for :-\\
Well, don't want to hang the head too early, so I try a little driving. Takes some time to get a hang of it. The world I'm driving through looks kind of clean and sterile; It gives me the sensation of playing a government-driving-school-program.
I ended up at the driving school and I got my first licence for tarmac. Not too hard, so I guess I'll finally manage. The Mustang that I bought might have not been a very good choice though, it really doesn't do anything but spinning :-[

After an hour or so I tried to set up an account again. Thought it may take some time for the game to understand that I had created an account. Nothing, still impossible
This is getting freaking irritating. :D :D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

Ah, after reading some more @ atari.com I found out that, besides creating an account for atari.com, I have to create an account for TDU2 as well, on that same page, how brilliant ^-^
When I started the procedure I found that I could 'use' my already created account at atari.com to sort of share it with the TDU2 account. How smart :angel:
Funny thing is; that doesn't w@&k :-\\

Manually filling in my registry info again helped though, hooray I'm in!!! Well, let's try the game, if it will find my account this time...

Fortunately, it did. Finally.

If this damn Tess wouldn't keep on saying I'm a menace on the road I'd begin to like the game 8-X

Binnatics

Looking at your avatar in the dressing room, I'm afraid I have UNLOCK the ability of undressing? :-()

lol, UNLOCK to UNDRESS, uhhh, IMPRESS heheh ::)

Art Blade

[smg id=4079 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=4080 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=4081 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=4082 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=4083 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=4084 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=4085 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=4086 type=link align=center width=500]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I like that old car (Dodge or Plymouth?) in the first pic.  :-()

Old guys like old cars

Art Blade

PZ

Wasn't a Charger used in the original Fast and Furious?

Art Blade

I think you are right :) 69 or 70 charger R/T maybe SE  :-X

PZ

Those were the good 'ol days of super cars.  I had a 1969 Chevy II Nova SS 396 375 HP with the square port heads.  I loved that car, and sure wish that I had it now - the 396/375 option in the Nova was relatively rare.

Art Blade

for you guys to check out what I like doing most of the time: Racing a Pagani Cinque, Ibiza Race Track. The driver Is BrianUK, a really fast driver :) He and other friends of mine usually hang out at the track and do race together (sometimes 8 drivers competing at the same time) in a free roam style (not like depicted in the vid, which is a single driver time trial).

Enjoy :)

Pagani Zonda Cinque - Circuit de Ibiza

PZ

No head banging music - just the way I like it  :-X

Jim di Griz

Nice vid  :-X the driving physics seem solid - as do the sounds. It's also good to see some really good driving there. I can imagine how much fun that is with eight of you on such a tight track  :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I'm featured in this vid - the driver is me :) I had a friend co-driving with me and he recorded this at dusk or dawn. Originally the vid was very dark, I reckon he worked on it to brighten it up.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - PC - Team Old Skool - Racing on Ibiza circuit cockpit view

Binnatics

Great run!  :-X

Weird inside of the car btw.  ????

Art Blade

it is an Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged. Basically a wire frame on wheels and an engine slapped on it somehow  :-()

Binnatics

Would be wild to ride it real-time. Kind of 'windy' I suppose :-()

fragger

That's the budget air-con :-D

Blast, I'll have to wait until the small hours to watch those clips... evidently it's one of those heavy bandwidth traffic days here and the clips are taking forever to load up, a half minute or so's wait for every three seconds of clip - I'll be waiting half the day to see them :D They looked pretty cool from what little I got to see of them though :-X

Art Blade

Player TheVD1 is showing off, a "rock jump" :) Take-off speed about 250mph. Stuff we do when not racing on tracks..  :-D

TDU2 Zonda Cinque HUGE JUMP! BelgiumTech.

Tags:
🡱 🡳