Last of it's kind..... =sniff=

Started by Dweller_Benthos, July 30, 2010, 05:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Probably my last FC2 video

[smg id=2424 type=av align=center]

Copied from the video description:

Unless I think of something else amazing/funny to record, I don't see me making any more FC2 vids in the near future. Sorry, yes, but my fans will just have to make do with the not insignificant number of vids on youtube, lol.

I made this one from a suggestion here, not sure who brought it up, but they mentioned taking out an attack truck with just a machete, so the first two clips are just that. Wasn't too hard on easy mode, it's mostly in the timing, I did have a couple of splats against the front bumper when I jumped too late, hehe.

The third clip in the vid shows the meat wagon and dust storm permanently in place where it was at the end of act one on my last play through. I was using the trainer cheats and I think that made the thing mess up and got the truck & dust storm stuck there forever. A funny thing, though, the mercs in the patrol truck think the guys in the back of the truck are enemies and attack them at first sight. Pretty funny.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Very nice, I like that vid! Especially that last clip with mercs shooting the meat waggon, LOL ;D :-X

Thanks for sharing, mate  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

mandru

Great video DB!  ;D (whoa! forum update and the thumbs up emoticon is gone  :o)

Thanks for showing the meat wagon as you have elsewhere described.  Its pretty funny the way the AT rolls up and takes them out execution style.

Lately someone had discussed the USAS12 shotty and because I've abandoned that weapon for it's shot accuracy killing ability I've had to go back and start packing it to explore its effectiveness.

The first part of your video shows the fine art of bumper jumping which does have the perk of getting you up close and personal it also (while you're standing there on the hood) puts you in a direct line of sight for the AT's gunner.

I've found that the instant that you take out the driver the gunner feels that he's been awarded a field promotion and shifts for the steering wheel.  The UASA12 makes for a quick take over of an AT when you jump the bumper, shoot the driver and because you're already aimed at where the driver sits the new driver obligingly slides right into your effective blast zone.  Ah! Poetry in motion.  ;D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru on July 31, 2010, 07:47:05 AM(whoa! forum update and the thumbs up emoticon is gone  :o)

Only Temporarily.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru on July 31, 2010, 07:47:05 AMI've found that the instant that you take out the driver the gunner feels that he's been awarded a field promotion and shifts for the steering wheel.  The UASA12 makes for a quick take over of an AT when you jump the bumper, shoot the driver and because you're already aimed at where the driver sits the new driver obligingly slides right into your effective blast zone.  Ah! Poetry in motion.  ;D

So true and indeed it works every time ;D

PZ

Quote from: mandru on July 31, 2010, 07:47:05 AM
...whoa! forum update and the thumbs up emoticon is gone
Problem fixed - we can't have a forum without our two favorite smileys - the toothy grin and the thumbs up  :-X  ;D

fragger

Cool vids as always, D_B :-X :-X

The mercs shooting the meat wagon people is hilarious ;D I like the way the AT lands on one of them after you blew it up ;D ;D

Man, no more D_B vids? It's the end of an era :( They'll be sorely missed.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on August 01, 2010, 05:03:56 AM
Man, no more D_B vids? It's the end of an era :( They'll be sorely missed.
You never know - D_B might produce some vids in his next game.  ;)

Dweller_Benthos

That's always possible, since I'll probably fire up Fallout 3 sometime once the weather turns cold, there might be something that comes along that makes me say "Man I gotta get a vid of that" It would be nice to have a vid running all the time, to catch those once in a lifetime moments, but my video capture setup jury rig only captures 1024x768 video, so I have to run the game at lower than native rsolution which makes it a little crappy looking. Not to mention the vid files it produces are gi-normous.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

that's something I don't like about digital recording: the raw data, uncompressed, unedited, unaltered in any way, is so fricking space-consuming. Plus it lags out the PC. So it basically requires a second machine to "watch you playing" - while you're enjoying a lag-free full-res game. :)

PZ

FRAPS is becoming a bit better and is continuously capturing the latest 30 seconds of whatever you're doing.  This saves lots of disk space because it is continuously being recycled.  I've not tried it much, but I'll bet that it works like the PS3 version that some games have embedded (JC2, I think)

Tags:
🡱 🡳