Ye oldie Far cry

Started by deadman1, June 27, 2010, 12:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Vinyl records in disc players?  I learned early on about the dangers of mixing media.   :(

At the age of three I liked toast and I also liked bananas so it seemed to me a reasonable expectation that toasted bananas would be pretty good too.

One ruined toaster later and a backside that was burning as hot as the toaster ever had I started on my long path of learning that not every idea I had would be a good one.  I did discover at that point the real trick to successful experimentation is in minimizing the damages.   :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

^+-+ :-X seems logical to me!

At least we can experiment to hearts content in our open world games.  :-()

Art Blade

lol, mandru!  ^+-+ :-X

Back on topic,

I found screenies on my rig.. hehe

[smg id=3332 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=3333 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=3334 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=3335 type=link align=center width=500]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

@ mandru: ROFL ^+-+

@Art: Great pics, mate :-X I've forgotten just what a pretty game that could be. Pity about the stupid mutants in it though... had it been just mercs it would have had a great deal more appeal for me.

Looking at your screenies, I can remember each of those locations and what went on there - except for the last one of course, which could have been anywhere :-()

My favourite levels were the mutant-free ones. There were a few of those during the course of the game. The one I liked the most was one where you had to make your way across a succession of small and not-so-small islands to blow up a series of transmitting towers while battling some small armies of mercs - great fun 8) That was where my favourite line in the game was uttered by Carver after he blows up the first comm tower:

"Hoo yeah! I love the smell of Primacord Plus in the morning!"

FC1 was linear in overall nature in that you had to do the missions in sequence, but some of the missions were quite non-linear within themselves. The comm tower mission was one of those, there was a number of different ways you could approach it. I'm wondering if it was these mini open-worlds within the game that produced the most positive player feedback and led the FC2 devs to adopt an open-world design philosophy for their new game. Purely speculation on my part.

Art Blade

Agree.. no mutants and it would have been perfect.

Here's your fave level, mate :)

[smg id=3342 type=link align=center width=500]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Yep, that's the one! :) :-X

PZ

Very nice images  :-X

Art Blade

Thanks, guys.  You see, even before OWG I was already fond of taking a lot of screenshots. Those I kept for.. moments like these  :-()

JRD

I don't remember being able to have a 3rd person view in the original Far Cry... is it a mod or is it available on the original game?  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

regular stuff, no mod. It was a simple stroke of a key.

Tags:
🡱 🡳