Latest NVIDIA driver problem

Started by mandru, June 24, 2010, 08:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Thanks - that's what I like about OWG - everyone is trying to be helpful.  Sure, we have varying degrees of expertise, but each of us is allowed to express our opinions, and we're all treated with respect even if what we say is not spot on.  ;)

One other thing I appreciate - the level of maturity of OWG members allows us to post our ideas without "ego" as the main motivating factor - we all seem to accept the opinions of a new poster that obviously has much experience.  i.e., just because someone has been here the longest, or is a moderator or admin doesn't mean that they can't learn something from a new member.  ;)

Art Blade

Open Mindedness  :) :-X

I am always on the lookout for new things. I don't care if someone is a nobody or a master -- there is always potential.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Quote from: PZ on July 27, 2010, 03:13:55 PM
... have you tried just returning all in-game video settings to default and then starting a brand new fresh game rather than a saved game?

I actually did try that when this first started having read it as a suggestion somewhere for a game bug.

I go through every couple weeks and vacuum the interior of my case, cooling fins on the CPU fan and the motherboard's heat dissipation surfaces and I'm dreading the hassle of dragging my compressor out of storage and giving everything the major dust out that has been suggested to see if it's heat build up.  It looks clean but who can guess what's hiding in a sealed graphics card case.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

nVidia has come out with yet another driver update.  Installed well, and has improved my FC2 experience - I was able to rip a movie to disk while playing FC2 on highest settings all without any kind of playing degradation.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Well gents,  I just installed the latest nVidia driver: 270.16

I'm going to fire up a couple of games to see how it performs.

Art Blade

I use 270.61 --  is ".16" a typo?

the 270.61 works like a charm.  :-X Played JC2, FC2, Sniper:GhostWarrior and both Portal 1 and 2 with it.

PZ

Yes typo - I'm a bit dyslexic at times  :-()

I've tried it in FC2, JC2, AC2, and FO3, FNV - works great in all.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳