DLC ATV

Started by spaceboy, April 01, 2009, 09:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on June 02, 2009, 09:21:05 AM
then there's one more, at the Rail Xing, on the bridge... only you'd have to shoot your buddy to prevent him from blowing the truck up  ;D

Tried that - you can't drive it. Though actually, I never tried shooting the buddy first, but I have gotten in and it doesn't go anywhere.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

pity, really... that would have been the ultimate car bomb to blow up GPs with... or entire Weelegol Village  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

So true - I'd like the ability to load explosives into the back of the truck (other than IEDs of course)

Here's a thought - similar to Art's merc war - put IEDs on a vehicle and drive it into town - detonate it and see what they do as you watch from a hill top.

Dweller_Benthos

I wanted to load a vehicle with a couple propane tanks, that would be cool. Too bad you can't pick anything up in FC2 like you can in Half Life. Imagine a big truck with 10 or 20 propane/welding tanks in the back, one IED to set them off, parked in the middle of a town..... heck, imagine moving tanks in a pattern around town so that they are close enough to set the next one off, domino effect.
D_B

Art Blade

We have planes (during the intro you see a Czesna or something similar) and we have bombs (see Rail X-ing side mission). All we lack is a pilot license.  ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on June 02, 2009, 08:45:02 PMSo true - I'd like the ability to load explosives into the back of the truck (other than IEDs of course)

Here's a thought - similar to Art's merc war - put IEDs on a vehicle and drive it into town - detonate it and see what they do as you watch from a hill top.

lending that car would be silly, but take it anyway ;)

[smg id=697 width=400]

JRD

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 03, 2009, 11:50:11 AM
..... heck, imagine moving tanks in a pattern around town so that they are close enough to set the next one off, domino effect.

Man, you are mean  ;D

Also, it would create a circle of fire from which mercs can't escape...... woo hoo... BARBECUE
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Result...

Petro Sahel (BBQ-) Incident.

[smg id=698 width=400]

edit: PZ, to the right goes the big truck that was stationed at Petro Sahel.

JRD

:o wow...... outstanding.....  :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

panorama-explosions  ;D Thanks, JRD  :) Oh, imagine my loudspeakers (sub-woofer)  ;D ;D

PZ

Did you just park that one Jeep loaded with IEDs or were there others placed nearby?  Also, where did you park it to achieve the effect?  I'd like to be able to do this one myself!  :)

Art Blade

Actually, I didn't use the loaded Jeep for that. I placed only a couple (like 4 or 5) of IEDs all over the place, always near flammables. If possible, I tried to get a set of various barrels, tanks, canisters, whatever flammable, inside the blast radius of one single IED. When I pushed the button, the entire area blew up, as depicted above.

I was parked where you can see it, in the lower left corner of the screenshot you see the spare tyre on the back of my Jeep.

:)

Art Blade

This was the loaded Jeep, on the other side of Petro Sahel. LOL, quite a BANG  ;D

[smg id=700 width=400]

Dweller_Benthos

I suppose with enough patience, you could kick the smaller propane tanks around to different places to make a bigger explosion, but be careful, kick them too much and they explode all by themselves....

Haven't tried kicking the welding tanks yet though.
D_B

Art Blade

welding tanks, are those the yellow ones that remind of scuba-gear oxigen-flasks?

If so, you can kick them without breaking them (never managed to break them) but they tend to roll in directions you don't want them to, and are not easy to "steer" to the right place. Plus, you often slip on them (end up in front of them, tank behind you)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, the tall yellow ones, look to me like the tanks used in oxy/acetylene welding.

I had to kick the small propane tank around quite a bit before it exploded though....
D_B

Art Blade

ok, thanks (and yeah, I have seen welding tanks sometimes, only not that familiar with the view)

The small silver tanks remind me of the ones you sometimes see in trailers (caravans, automobile campers) or camping grounds.

They seem to break less easily when you walk crouched, and "push" them carefully (only small movements)

Just for your information, in Germany I have never seen any gas tanks like in FC2, we don't use gas much. Exception: Professional Cuisine, they use gas stoves mostly.

Tags:
🡱 🡳