Power supply calculator

Started by deadman1, July 28, 2010, 10:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

In the "About Raid" topic Stryker7 mentioned the use of a PS calculator, here is a link to one that I have used on occation from Antec:

http://www.antec.outervision.com/PSUEngine

Art Blade

thanks for the link, deadman  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Stryker7

Quote from: deadman on July 28, 2010, 10:58:22 AM
In the "About Raid" topic Stryker7 mentioned the use of a PS calculator, here is a link to one that I have used on occation from Antec:

My apologies, I forgot to include a link :-[, thanks for the save deadman :)

PZ

Quote from: Stryker7 on July 28, 2010, 06:13:49 PM

This is what I love about the interactions on OWG - we behave as if we are facing one another across a room with mutual respect instead of what mmsou recently experienced with some fool hiding behind the anonymity of a computer on the Internet.

Apologies for being off topic, but I just couldn't resist.

Stryker7

Quote from: PZ on July 28, 2010, 08:44:42 PM
Quote from: Stryker7 on July 28, 2010, 06:13:49 PM

This is what I love about the interactions on OWG - we behave as if we are facing one another across a room with mutual respect instead of what mmsou recently experienced with some fool hiding behind the anonymity of a computer on the Internet.

Apologies for being off topic, but I just couldn't resist.

Off topic ? I dont think so. Good manners and respect for one another is always welcome in my book. and that coming from someone living in the US where civility has lost its meaning in a lot of regards.

I even open doors for people all the time, and every now and again get REALLY pissed off when someone walks thru the door without responding at all. No thank you, no how are you, not even a F*** you.

PZ

Quote from: Stryker7 on July 28, 2010, 09:12:10 PM
...I even open doors for people all the time, and every now and again get REALLY pissed off when someone walks thru the door without responding at all. No thank you, no how are you, not even a F*** you.

I experience exactly the same, and receive much the same response as you, but I still do it all the time - and I don't even want to get started with the people pulling out 30 feet in front of my car (which might be moving at 45 mph).  I swear that people pull out in front of you  as long as they are sure that it will be your fault if you hit them - road courtesy is of a bygone era, and civil litigation seems to be the career of some (many) people.

Nice avatar by the way - Star Wars (I forget which episode) was my my first movie date with my wife - I fell asleep during the movie - needless to say, I was not on the top of her list at that time.  LOTR was another movie date some time later - I did not fall asleep even once even though she expected me to.  The LOTR movies are still are among my favorites.

Stryker7

Quote from: PZ on July 28, 2010, 10:10:57 PM
...I even open doors for people all the time, and every now and again get REALLY pissed off when someone walks thru the door without responding at all. No thank you, no how are you, not even a F*** you.

I experience exactly the same, and receive much the same response as you, but I still do it all the time - and I don't even want to get started with the people pulling out 30 feet in front of my car (which might be moving at 45 mph).  I swear that people pull out in front of you  as long as they are sure that it will be your fault if you hit them - road courtesy is of a bygone era, and civil litigation seems to be the career of some (many) people.

Nice avatar by the way - Star Wars (I forget which episode) was my my first movie date with my wife - I fell asleep during the movie - needless to say, I was not on the top of her list at that time.  LOTR was another movie date some time later - I did not fall asleep even once even though she expected me to.  The LOTR movies are still are among my favorites.

Common courtesy doesnt cost anything, doesnt require any effort, and goes a LONG way toward a better society.

LOTR, I read the Hobbit when I was 9.

In my lifetime I have read "The Hobbit" 50+ times, the LOTR trilogy about 12 or so times, "Samirillion " (spelling) 2 1/2 times, and some of Tolkiens other works as well.

Am looking forward to taking all of my grandkids, 8 of em, to see "The Hobbit" movie, if they get it made before I die.

mandru

As long as we're off topic and onto this tangent, I think it was one of Heinlein's characters (Lazarus Long?) that said "Courtesy is the lubricant for social machinery which doesn't w@&k very well to begin with."
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

deadman1

..In my lifetime I have read "The Hobbit" 50+ times, the LOTR trilogy about 12 or so times, "Samirillion " (spelling) 2 1/2 times, and some of Tolkiens other works as well.

Silmarillion  ;)

Art Blade

Nice conversation, guys :)

I can relate what you were saying about courtesy etc. It's not an American thing alone, I w@&k in a big office building and happen to see the same faces every day for years and years on my way to my office. Some of those manage for years not to greet back, eyes on the floor. As if they didn't hear nor see me, as if I didn't exist. I sometimes fantasise about grabbing them by their shoulders and shaking their teeth out while yelling at them "CAN'T YOU BLOODY GREET BACK?!"  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳