Mod index

Started by PZ, April 18, 2010, 07:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Sporty Buggy _V0.2 !UPDATE!

QuoteThe original Dune Buggy is kind of boring so I decided to mod it a little bit

* MUCH heavier => MUCH more fun with pulling things around
    * Faster.....much faster indeed
    * MUCH more grip for better handling and better hill climbing
    * Invincible
    * Floats on water (although its not controllable once it hits water)
    * Handbrake stops you instantly (its more like an anchor ;) )

This is still a "w@&k-in-progress" so please mind that this isn't an optimal setup. I tried to keep it steerable but also as fast as possible.

Planed: Texture Mod, Weapons, better handling, better transmission, better hill climbing.  But I need YOUR ideas and opinions

Probably the mod that provides the most fun. The tyres seem to have sunken into the tarmac by 1/4 but I ignore that detail. The overall fun is so immense.. it is a weapon of mass destruction if you don't drive carefully  >:D

You'll never want to play without once you've done like 250 on a fast lane and everything that gets in your way gets sent into the sky..  ^+-+ It is hilarious if you "encounter" a tuc-tuc face to face at that speed and your buggy doesn't even shake when that tuc-tuc hits your windshield.. all you do is go "...oh?" and wonder where the heck that thing has gone. Sometimes small bugs (bikes) explode when you drive through them.. you can send massive trucks flying.. go cross country and plough through trees and rocks, climb uphill even if that means 90°.. if you hit water (sea) your car will go on into that same direction at the same speed until it hits land (careful, then, hehe). This is THE exploration car :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Triggered Bombs V2 with Damage

QuoteUPDATED V2: Now includes appropriate sound/damage. This will destroy everything in the blast so stay clear if you don't want to die or use a trainer for infinite health.

This mod replaces the explosion of the Triggered Explosives with the explosion and shock wave from the Bomb on the Mile High Club.

Just Cause 2 - Triggered Explosions Mod

^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

The previous mod needs a weapon.bin so that may interfere with other mods (like the unlimited ammo mod).

This mod however does not, and I played with it for a good while.. you can take out entire locations with one shot from your regular rocket launcher  ^+-+ (careful if you're still playing missions.. govmen use the same weapon!  ;) And stay well away from the massive blast radius which is roughly 100 meters - hehehe  ;D )

Space Rockets Launchers

QuoteDescription:

Space Rockets Launchers

-Rocket launcher launches Space Rocket.

-Use nuke engine exhaust.

-Upgrade Space Rocket Explosion damage、range、impact. But do not need to modify the weapons.bin

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

image source: www.justcause2mods.com

PZ

My goodness that's a devastating weapon.

On an aside, the beauty of the environment in JC2 is really spectacular.  :-X

Art Blade

sure is.. especially if blown away  ;D

That weapon is fun as long as you're protected by whatever god mode.. One funny situation I recall is when I wanted to check if that thing knocks me off my socks when fired at a wall at close range. I shot at a car a few meters away next to a concrete wall. I couldn't see a thing for a couple of seconds. Smoke, dirt, debris and burning parts everywhere around and above me. When I looked behind me, most of the trees were gone and cars rendered smoldering wrecks, as far as maybe 50 meters from where I was standing  ^+-+

PZ

I must try that mod one of these days.  My problem (as always) is too many things to do, so little time.

fragger

Re: "Space Rocket Launchers":

WHOA!

Art Blade

^+-+

I'm telling you  ^-^

PZ

Just Cause2 FPS Mod

Yes, that's right, you can now enjoy JC2 fully in first person. 

QuoteThis is the first ever Just Cause 2 Complete-First-Person mod. Now you can enjoy the entire game from the point of view of Rico, experiencing the intense thrills, action and adventure like never before! Explore the beautiful island, and cause chaos with your own two hands with this game-transforming mod. Panau never seemed so real....

Just Cause 2 First Person mod - Progress Update, showcase 1

Art Blade

Have you tried it yet?

PZ

No, not yet - too many mods to play with.  I'll eventually get around to this one, but I'm currently experimenting with the FO3 maps in FNV

Art Blade

I'm happy to know that you're still having fun with those "old" games  :) :-X

PZ

Indeed - I become nostalgic every once in a while for one of my old haunts  :-()

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 15, 2011, 03:50:07 PM
Have you tried it yet?
Well, the installation was simple as pie, and the mod works as described.  However (I can hardly believe it), I actually prefer the 3rd person view!

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on March 15, 2011, 05:41:10 PM
I'm happy to know that you're still having fun with those "old" games  :) :-X

^+-+

Video game years are like dog years, it seems :-()

Re: this mod, I'm wondering how you handle grappling and such in 1st person. I haven't yet played this game - it's on hold until I get a new rig together -  but from what I've read and seen here, 3rd person seems to be much better suited to the type of game it is.

PZ

You still have the centered on-screen cross hair, so the grapple and all other things w@&k the same as in 3rd person.  Perhaps it is because I am accustomed to 3rd person in the game that I prefer it - don't really know, but I like seeing the full body of Rico (you) doing the acrobatics, etc.

Art Blade

It is the only game I can think of which is great despite of being a TPS, then again I have just been thinking about games that allow you to toggle between FPS and TPS view at any time. If that mod supports a toggle, then it might be worth trying it out :)

PZ

Sure, it supports toggle - simply add or remove the mod files from the dropzone folder  ^+-+

Art Blade

I can see some kind of humour in that remark, PZ.  :-D

PZ

^+-+  I knew you would!

Art Blade

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on April 30, 2010, 01:54:32 PMmy short video ... 108 views so far  :-X

20,980 as of now.  :-D

Art Blade

omg it takes forever to find all the mods again that I liked. The game wasn't installed on this PC so I had to download it from steam again (thanks to them, I got my savegames back  :-X )

However, I had to register with justcause2mods.com because there is a download limit (probably linked to the IP used while visiting) and then some mods which had not been uploaded to jc2mods but instead to some file sharing services had been removed from those hosts for whatever reasons so.. it takes forever.

I think I'm good now, the mods I posted about which I used to like are now in place again PLUS now that I have all those DLC items, I needed to find mods suitable such as a "free black market" mod -- I needed one that included DLC items, too.

Turns out that for instance the unlimited ammo mod works with default weapons but DLC weapons are still limited to what they were before that mod.. I might stick to at least some default weapons for that matter or I will have to call the black market all the time.. hehe :)

The most fascinating DLC is the parachute with thrusters. I edited PZ's post as the link to the mod wasn't working any more, either. But now.. "This is me!"  :laugh:

[smg id=7217 type=preview align=center caption="yay thruster mod"]

Art Blade

Man, it's fun to play with all this stuff installed :-X :) Plus, with this "new" (2013) rig, I can play the game with everything maxed out in the graphics section (even 32x AA) and it's still smooth as silk. Amazing.  ^-^

Art Blade

found a solution for the DLC weapons regarding unlimited ammo:

the BOLO Patch 4.00 for the current game version 1.0.0.2 was released in 2012 and it works :)

http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Gameplay/BOLOPatch-4.00-%28for-v1.0.0.2%29/

Tags:
🡱 🡳