Tips and Tricks

Started by PZ, April 15, 2010, 10:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Now that looks funny  ;D ;D ;D It looks indeed like a piece of a pie or cake with white icing :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

X:11280 Y:28500 two-stars Boat Race "Port Rodrigo Return Ticket" $20,000 prize money. You'll race in a red SnakeHead T20 (fastest speed boat).

This race is easier than you can hope for. Easy way to earn 20k and get a nice speed boat. You can repeat races if you like, and keep earning money..

One tip for that race: You'll pass through a nearby port (Kem Port Rodrigo) so why not clear that location first (at least you won't have to worry about some wild hornets up your back)  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Oh by the way, one more tip regarding races (with vehicles)

Bring your own vehicle, the best of its kind  ;D  For instance, when you got that SnakeHead T20 and go for the next boat race, bring your SnakeHead. If they offer you anything else, the SnakeHead will be better. So if you race with that boat, you'll most certainly win with ease :)

Same goes for car races or planes: Before you decide to go to a race, acquire a suitable ride  ;)

PZ

Sniper scope zoom

Many of you might already know of this tip, but I lost my manual and was not able to find the zoom key mapping within the game.

To activate the scope on the PC, click the "C" key.  To zoom in, press left shift and to zoom out, the left ctrl key.

Art Blade

You got me for a second there. I had to look up the board to see where this post was located. I actually thought for a second there was a sniper zoom in FarCry2 without me knowing about it for ages.  :-[ ;D

PZ

Now, that would truly have been cool - the FC2 sniper scopes all are far more visually appealing than the cheesy JC2 scope.  ;)

tehsam016

Anyone got any tips on ways to infiltrate military bases/establishments? I usually get so caught up in the gun fights that i forget/have trouble destroying structures/collecting parts. Guess i'm just not prioritizing or something cause i either get shot up really fast/die, or just have to retreat to drop heat. That and races are pretty much all I have left to do.

Art Blade

If a compound is really big or heavily guarded, I go in spirals: First I lurk around the outlying area, kill a few curious govmen, run away and hide until the heat has cooled off, then I repeat that as long as I can see and kill govmen from the outside. Always hide once and then so the heat never goes up too much. Then get inside, and walk around an imaginary outer circle, then middle circle, then inner circle, always the same principle of hide and seek. Like that I mostly succeed without combat choppers being sent in and usually I survive that raid, sometimes even without major injuries. Also, like that, you get to find all collectibles.

tehsam016

Nice, sounds like quite a good plan. :) Thanks.

Art Blade

very welcome, sir  ;D Good luck  :-X

PZ

My method comes from exactly the types of experiences you name, sam.  I typically extract to the location and then spiral down from a height looking form SAMs and other points of interest, in particular, the small huts that contain the miniguns and any chaos items.

Once I hit the ground (usually close to a SAM) I use a grenade to destroy the SAM and then kill the rest of them - the reason is that if a helicopter arrives, I can hijack it and then devastate the installation.

Once the SAMs are destroyed, I make my way toward a minigun - once I dismount it, I make my way around the periphery like Art mentioned, and start blasting away at just about everything.  A helicopter inevitably arrives, but I hijack it and destroy a few more items before bailing out to start my land assault again.

Once all of the govmen are dead, I grapply-fly around the area watching my "parts" indicator - when it flashes, I just drop to the ground and almost immediately find the item.

Using this method, clearing out a military installation is quick and easy for me.

Art Blade

yeah, that is quicker.. my method may take a lot more time.

Fiach

Just for the record, Rico's Sig weapon needs special ammo, therefore if it runs out of ammo you need to buy another on (40K), same for the assualt Bullseye rifle.

Quite a bonkers decision on behalf of the devs, in my opinon, I guess I wont be investing what ever pittance they were charging lol :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳