Tips and Tricks

Started by PZ, April 15, 2010, 10:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Indeed - his tone reminds me of the derisive quality of the line "well, look what we got" in FC2  ;D

tehsam016

Just found out another little handy trick. If you flip over your atv dont just abandon it (unless you want to of course). I've found that if there's something tall around, you can use double grapple to flip over your atv. All you do is shoot your atv with the hook, then aim up high on the nearest tree/ledge/wall and it should flip when they're both hooked.

Art Blade

That's a good tip  :) :-X

I found out that blowing up military vehicles doesn't cause heat if the owners are already dead / abandoned their vehicle. Like, blowing up a jeep including driver and passenger will cause heat, so you wait until they're dead and then blow up their ride.  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on June 22, 2010, 02:05:35 AM
Taking out large military facilities without much effort

hide until the heat cools off completely (doesn't take too long as long as you don't allow it to rise much)

The moment you cause heat (ie generator explodes) it takes 30 seconds to go to cool-down, totalling like 35 seconds max.

To get the heat off, just break the line of sight, sometimes it appears that even objects seem to have got a line of sight.. just hide behind something big or behind some rock ledge or high above, just get out of sight.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Nice, thanks for the little pointer there :). I'm sure you've tried the air propulsion gun but i got it the other night and wow, it's a beast. It's hilarious when you get big groups of them together and just blow them away (literally :P). I'm sure it's also funny to glide by towers and blow the snipers out lol, think i'm gonna go try it now actually :).

Art Blade

No, I haven't got any DLC (apart from the ice cream truck)

tehsam016

Ah i see, well i'll have to make a video some time :).

Art Blade

We LOVE vids from our members  :) :-X

Another tip.

Vehicle Respawn and "Unspawn"

I noticed that vehicles respwan when you are away far enough. That "far enough" seems to be pretty close, a little less than 300 metres. I tested it with those cars (yes, my favourite Hayama Oldman cab (cab as in cabriolet = convertible) that can be found at most village entrances and exits. When I had damaged mine and wanted a new one, I drove to whatever village next on my route and took the Oldman there. When it wasn't the cabriolet version, I took it anyway, drove away 300m and returned just to pick the next one. There are usually three types of cars, Hardtop (same roof colour as the chassis), Softtop (black roof) and Convertible (well, no roof :) ). So it takes only a couple of attempts without time limit, pretty fast if you don't randomly get the same "wrong" model after each attempt. :)

Then I wanted to keep the same car (as I did in FC2) or at least keep the car I arrived in when taking out settlements. I was really surprised that it stays, even if you travel several hundred metres in the area. I'll have to investigate some more because I don't know yet when it actually disappears (unspawns) which also had happened to me. Apparently there is at least this one rule in force "vehicles you bring into the perimeter of a location stay as long as you do" :)

tehsam016

Well i made a little video showing off the Air Propulsion Gun. The quality isn't the best (since i recorded from my camera), and it looks kinda tilted, but still definitely watchable. I just need to get a capture card but cant on my current budget. Anyway, enjoy :).
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

It picks up at 2:00.

Art Blade

FireFox doesn't show it at once. When I try to find out what to allow to watch it, FireFox' plugin NoScript nearly overloads my screen with blocked sites and scripts etc when trying to find out where exactly that vid is hosted. Not going to randomly allow all kind of stuff that has been blocked for some reason.. can't watch the vid, therefore.

tehsam016

Oh :/..well it's on photobucket, guess i'll try somewhere else from now on.

Art Blade

I know you uploaded there, but the site doesn't just display the vid. there are loads of scripts involved and many sites, too.. don't worry about me :) If you're looking for something else, I believe all of the video-uploading members of OWG use youtube.

Art Blade

By the way, I didn't mean to offend you in any way; just expressed my concern about sites full of scripts and which are linked to dozens of other sites, I am just careful. I don't trust that site ;)

tehsam016

Ah well i've used photobucket for going on about 5 years now and have yet to contract any spyware or anything of the sort. I'll just upload to youtube from now on.

*edit* Just found out that my atv trick i mentioned earlier on in the topic works with cars too. Just gotta w@&k fast since they catch on fire if they're flipped over for too long.

PZ

Good tips, guys  :-X

deadman1

If you want the "stunt driver" achievment a quick and easy way is to get yourself a fast motorbike like the Cougar 600, make your way to a four lane highway and drive it like you stole it (which you probably did anyway). It doesn´t matter whther there´s any traffic or not just keep it at top speed or close to it and go, if there´s traffic try and stay as close to the white lines marking the middle and it´ll be a lot easier to avoid the other cars and bikes, Stay away from roads with oncoming traffic unless you like being plastered like a postagestamp on the front of a truck, like I usually end up.  ::)

Art Blade

I agressively left my very personal imprint of Rico's surprised looking face on quite a number of oncoming grills as well  ;D

deadman1

It seems to be an occupational hazard when traveling on Panau.  ;D

Art Blade

:)

I might add that quite a number of Panau's motorcyclists agressively left a very personal imprint of their surprised looking faces on my grill as well  ;D

Art Blade

Tip (more an info, really)

When govmen chase you by car or bike, try to find any facmen (random patrols). When the govmen spot those facmen, or vice versa, your pursuit comes to a sudden end and you can dash away unmolested :)

deadman1

If you go to the lake in the desert part of Panau at X:12730 Y:22494, take over one of the patrolboats and drive it around you will see a big sharkfin poking up through the water. You can hitch a ride on it you want just like any other vehicle.

And at X:24500 Y:900 (the very top of the map) there´s an island shaped like a slice of a pie.

I found these tips in the latest issue of PC Gamer magazine (swedish edition) along with some other ips that has already been covered here.

Edit: I made a typo when I wrote this :-[  ;D

Art Blade

Thanks, deadman :)

I had accidently found that shark fin once (had seen it in a youtube vid before, though) and tried to drive around with it, but it kept driving me to the shore and got stuck there every time. Couldn't convince it to dive or drive with me around the lake. So, not as much fun as I had hoped for.

I haven't heard about the pie island before, going to take a look  ;D

Art Blade

Just been there, are the coords accurate? I flew over the area a couple of times but didn't see anything like a piece of cake or a slice of pie. The coords are basically right behind the "Japanese" island and there are a few chunks of rock in the sea and flat little isles (I actually landed my Pell there to walk around, even). I too checked if I could see anything from above that was under water, but nothing..  :(

deadman1

They are now, I forgot a 4 in the X coords ::).

Art Blade

lol, thanks  ;D Going to check again  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳