JC2 vids

Started by spaceboy, April 09, 2010, 09:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Yeah, those were cool videos  :-X

If you have the new rocker launcher, try that one from a chute - I did a Colonel yesterday and the rocket followed him as he tried to run away.  ;D

spaceboy

Thanks eor - I'm with you - I haven't specifically gone looking for the Easter eggs, I like finding them myself.  Now that I'm in mercenary mode and have completed all Agency and Faction missions I've just been roaming, completing settlements, killing Colonels, finding collectibles etc.  So I hopefully will come across those things naturally.  I'll also see if I can't get some of the trophies I didn't get naturally through playing the game.

PZ - good one.  I'll definitely try that out myself!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Thanks, spaceboy - I'm now into more of an experimentation mode with missions thrown in on the side.  I remember your story about car bombing a Colonel, and need to try that one as well.  Your story also prompted another possible method - one of the small jets - crash it into a Colonel.

There is so much to do and so many ways to play that I'm not accomplishing the main story line very fast.

spaceboy

I'm liking mercenary mode.  Despite the fact I really liked the missions and structure of the game, it's nice now to "relax" and just truly roam and do what I want.  I'm spending more money at the BM now.  It's like Rico is "retired" from formal missions but goes out to destroy things at his leisure.  I've just been starting in a general direction, and see what's on the way.

PZ

I just love the way that the developers managed to vary the terrain of the environment enough so that the areas each seem a bit different even though they are based on the same basic core of objects.  For instance, you can almost feel the cold when running through a military installation high in the snowy mountains, and can almost smell the salt air when on the same kind of installation near the beach.

eor123

I'm at 85% with 342 settlements completed. All faction missions done. Just a handful of faction items and one Colonel remaining. All vehicles and all but two weapons I'm not interested in fully upgraded. $6 mil in cash in hand. 

And I still haven't gotten to the agency missions.  ;D
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

Looks like your approach is the opposite of mine - I'm only at 40-ish% with all agency missions completed.  I think it's great that the decision as to how the game is played is up to the gamer - excellent, and in the true spirit of open world gaming.

eor123

This is similar to the approach I used in FC2. I'm a "detail guy" obviously...and that is putting it nicely. 

BTW, I came up with a description of JC2...it's the illegitimate love child of Grand Theft Auto and Far Cry 2.

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

Quote from: eor123 on May 05, 2010, 10:41:24 AM
...BTW, I came up with a description of JC2...it's the illegitimate love child of Grand Theft Auto and Far Cry 2.

lol, good one  :-X

JRD

Quote from: eor123 on May 05, 2010, 10:41:24 AM
...it's the illegitimate love child of Grand Theft Auto and Far Cry 2.

<on a diabolic voice> I NEED THAT CHILD!!!

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Don't worry, JRD - you're going to be a proud father in about 7 months or so  ;D

Art Blade

"Just Cause 2 - FAQ 1" (explaining and demonstrating BOLO mod) (funny  ;D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uf7Wt5mEAU

edit: he is using a beta 3.5, details and download here:

http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.php?p=21410984&postcount=467
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

One more vid of that guy having fun with BOLO mod... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti24YCK1ttY
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Funny videos - the Bolo patch is loads of fun and does open up a whole new set of opportunities.

eor123

My lame attempt at making a video. Stock music courtesy of youtube.

[smg id=2279 type=av]

PZ

For the glory of Panau!

Good video and excellent music choice  :-X

eor123

Bad throws at the last group of attackers notwithstanding, this is a good use of triggered explosives.  ;D

[smg id=2285 type=av]

A fun challenge..set to stock music from youtube.

[smg id=2286 type=av]

spaceboy

That is seriously a sweet completion to that Ular boys mission.   That first wave of govmen and the timing of those explosives was perfect!  My version of that mission was chucking frag grenades and shooting the infantry as they were coming in close - yours made Rico look like he was in control, mine felt like he was scraping by for his life.

PZ

I like your style  :-X

The boat race is my favorite one so far, partly because it is easy for me to navigate boats, and partly because of the part where you sail across that strand of beach James Bond style.

You use of triggered explosives was excellent.  Like spaceboy, I did lots of running around killing to the best of my ability.

eor123

The increased difficulty on Normal has been enough to force me to change my tactics.

I'm using triggered explosives much more in this play through.

PZ

Quote from: eor123 on May 10, 2010, 09:17:47 AM
I'm using triggered explosives much more in this play through.

Although still on casual, I've also used triggered explosives and grenades quite a bit more.  What tipped the scale for me on the grenades and triggered explosives is upgrading to the maximum - their blast effect is noticeably enhanced.

Art Blade

even if only on upgrade level 3, two hand grenades bring down a statue of that dictator  :-X

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on May 10, 2010, 09:53:33 AM
even if only on upgrade level 3, two hand grenades bring down a statue of that dictator  :-X

True, but it sure is fun to attach a wire to a truck and pull him down - using the govman vehicle is funny because it feels like you're a pit bull on a leash that's too short.  ;D

PS: the dictator is Pandak Panay, or sometimes called "Baby" Panay.  Sometimes you can hear the govmen calling his name

eor123

I like using a helo to take off the statue's head and have been trying to use it against other statues and water towers.

Attempting to do that has resulted in several spectacular fails, resulting in Rico's demise.

Helos don't handle to well with a massive head in tow and if it gets to swinging too much you are in for a wild ride.

PZ

Sounds like fun though - I'll try it one of these times.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳