Funny moments

Started by PZ, April 06, 2010, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

lol, your accent is good enough to qualify to w@&k in a Chinese restaurant (like in the movie A Christmas Story) ;D

spaceboy

best colonel assassination I've done  was the other night.  I loaded up an ATV with 2 packs of C4, road it into town, aimed at the colonel in the town square, jumped off - you get the rest - a perfect one hit kill.  Got most of his minions along with him as well!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

That sounds like a winner of a technique, spaceboy - I'll need to try that one myself  :-X

batdog

I was watching my partner playing tonight when she decided to attack a communications post with a helicopter she had hijacked earlier on.  As she's hovering round the base blasting everything that moves or explodes, Rico began to sing/hum (very badly) the Ride of the Valkyries (think of the helicopter sequence in Apocalypse Now). I almost fell off my chair laughing. I've never heard him do this before so don't know if it's specific to this location.

Very funny is our man Rico. I particularly like his line in understatement. If he's badly injured or dies he'll invariably say "OUCH!" or "OW!". I think in the circumstances it probably hurt a bit more than that  ;D

PZ

Funny story, batdog  :-X

I agree - Rico is the king of understatement - reminds me of John Wayne who also said "ow" when he was shot.

Art Blade

nice story, batdog... your partner seems to know how to make a man sing :)

space, good tactics... very FC2-like  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

I may have seen the strangest thing yet but can't share it because of a recurring issue I have uploading to youtube. The PS3 locked up when attempting to upload and I had to completely reboot it, losing the capture.  :D

What you would have seen was a helicopter pursuing me INSIDE one of the underground fuel silos!

I watched dumbfounded as the helo somehow managed to get all the way to the bottom of the silo in one piece. He obviously couldn't maneuver in the tight space and posed no threat as he couldn't get into position to fire on me. I blew it up with a close range burst from the SMG.  The explosion in that confined space blew me up into the second level.

The whole assault was freaky. I've never seen so many govmen in one place before. I got 20 kills in 60 seconds just trying to get into the silo.

I'm at 85% now and am noticing an increase in the number of govmen I am facing everywhere. I've run across a few armed with rocket launchers.

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

Man, that sounds cool - I'm not sure I've seen the underground fuel tanks yet, or if I have, I don't remember what they look like.

Sure would like to see that one!  :-X

spaceboy

great story eor!  I too haven't seen an underground fuel silo.  Are you talking about those ones with all the scaffolding leading down?  I've only been to one on a mission where there is a control panel at the bottom to set to destroy  (of course all pipelines and such would have built in self destruct codes and rigged with explosives - hey thanks Baby Panay!)

I forget what it was exactly I think it's like a missile silo or something.

PZ

I know what you mean, spaceboy - the kind where you go down the stairs to different levels fighting govmen along the way and when you get to the bottom, many more govmen plus a self-destruct panel that you need to activate - those are fun.

The only problem is how to get out fast enough before the thing blows - I found a spot just to the left and stepping away from the control panel where you can send the grapple to the top rim of the silo.

eor123

Yep...the place where you go down several flights of stairs to the self destruct panel.

There is a demolitions officer there but I have yet to make one of them useful.  If you could spot him first, his exploding ordnance would take out several govmen around him. I always seem to spot him last or he is away from the others.

At least on casual, there doesn't seem to be great need to get out of the silo quickly. I just run up the stairs shooting govmen on the way. I've never had the "big explosion until after I've gotten topside. I suspect the big explosion is triggered by a player reaching the surface -- not sure, though.

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

Quote from: eor123 on May 05, 2010, 10:16:49 AM
... I've never had the "big explosion until after I've gotten topside. I suspect the big explosion is triggered by a player reaching the surface -- not sure, though.

I'm not positive either, but I did die in the explosion once, just as I almost made it to the rim.  Of course, I'm rather old, and don't move as fast as you youngsters, even on casual.  ;D

eor123

Another funny moment I wish I had captured...

I was attempting to parasail to an island but came up short. I hate swimming so I hijacked a passing boat. I cruised over, retrieved the black box from the shoreline and headed back to the mainland.

I passed by the boat captain treading water and felt sorry for him being out there so I "rescued' him.

I grappled him to the boat and slowly drug him back to shore. His cries and screams as I did so were morbidly amusing, I have to admit.

I deposited him and his boat at the shore and he stood there in waist deep water doing that weird nose wipe thing the civilians do a lot in JC2.

I'm a Good Samaritan mercenary, I suppose. 

eor123

Quote from: PZ on May 05, 2010, 10:25:53 AM
Quote from: eor123 on May 05, 2010, 10:16:49 AM
... I've never had the "big explosion until after I've gotten topside. I suspect the big explosion is triggered by a player reaching the surface -- not sure, though.

I'm not positive either, but I did die in the explosion once, just as I almost made it to the rim.  Of course, I'm rather old, and don't move as fast as you youngsters, even on casual.  ;D

Well, you can't stop to read the paper or take your arthritis meds on the way up.  ;D

Can you imagine the shock of seeing a helo inside that structure, at the bottom level? My God, I wish I hadn't lost that capture. It would have been a classic.

spaceboy

Quote from: eor123 on May 05, 2010, 10:31:04 AM
Another funny moment I wish I had captured...

I was attempting to parasail to an island but came up short. I hate swimming so I hijacked a passing boat. I cruised over, retrieved the black box from the shoreline and headed back to the mainland.

I passed by the boat captain treading water and felt sorry for him being out there so I "rescued' him.

I grappled him to the boat and slowly drug him back to shore. His cries and screams as I did so were morbidly amusing, I have to admit.

I deposited him and his boat at the shore and he stood there in waist deep water doing that weird nose wipe thing the civilians do a lot in JC2.

I'm a Good Samaritan mercenary, I suppose.

I love this.  Very funny and sounds like something I'd do - but never thought of it!

eor123

Jumped onto a car last night, expecting the usual south Asian babble or the "Who You?. What you doing on my car?" or the, "Oh my God!" lines.

Instead the startled woman driver asked, " Is this a TV show?" What TV show are we on?"

;D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

eor123

Another funny moment I was unable to upload to youtube. That feature sure seems to be getting buggy of late, BTW.

At one of the military bases on the Southeast Island, there is a wooden covered bridge separating the two halves of the base. There was civilian traffic crossing the bridge but as soon as the civilian vehicles crossed the bridge, they did an immediate 180 and drove down the steep embankment and crashed into the rocks where some exploded.

spaceboy

they give drivers licenses to just about anybody on Panau...

PZ

haha, so true, spaceboy, especially those poor govmen schmucks that ride the motorcycles.  I cant' count the number of times I've seen them run head-on into on-coming traffic.  :-X

eor123

[smg id=2277 type=av]

PZ

That is a funny one!  Never have seen that one before.  On the topic of SAMs, I did a stronghold mission this morning and thanks to you guy's recommendation to leave the SAM sites intact, I was able to have some fun with a govman helicopter.  After I cleared out the stronghold, I purchased the small helicopter which I had upgraded to the max, and now had mounted machine guns.  I made a beeline to the nearest village and opened up with my guns.  Naturally a govman chopper responded, and I quickly ran back to the stronghold (that tiny copter sure is fast now).  When I reached the sronghold, I turned and watched as someone shouted "missile away!" and at least 3 SAMs headed toward the govman bird hot on my trail.  Naturally the govman did not stand a chance and I didn't need to fire a shot (except to start the fight in the beginning).

eor123

What I didn't notice until after the capture -- there is a second SAM chasing its tail in the opposite direction nearby, You can get a glimpse of it in this vid.

eor123

I  am finding the periodic propaganda broadcasts from Panau National News pretty humorous at times.

I'll try to capture the exact text of some of the better ones.

My favorites are about the heretofore unknown volcano that erupted and mysteriously disappeared -- as an explanation for large explosions.

...and the one in which the Tourism Minister reported that the death rate of 50 tourists per day was not unacceptable, given the current situation.

Tags:
🡱 🡳