PZ's impressions

Started by PZ, April 02, 2010, 11:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

did you honk its horn? funny melody :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes I did - reminds me of the ice cream trucks that visited our neighborhoods when we were young.  :)

PZ

When first entering the game, you are close to a small civilian city that contains a fire truck.  I'd seen it there dozens of times I'd been passing through, but this time I got in and drove it.  Using the "honk" key, it turns on the siren, complete with lights flashing - was kind of cool driving around with flashing lights, running people off the road, and generally causing chaos.  The truck is surprisingly resistant to the hail of govman bullets.  ;D

fragger

Quote from: PZ on April 23, 2010, 10:42:20 AM
Yes I did - reminds me of the ice cream trucks that visited our neighborhoods when we were young.  :)

Believe it or not, one of those occasionally still does the rounds in our neighbourhood! It's a bit of a nostalgia blast as we certainly don't see them in the cities anymore. They used to be called "Mr. Whippy Trucks" when I was a kid (that was the company name), and for some reason they always played "Greensleeves" over the loudspeaker to announce themselves.

Sorry, don't let me hijack the topic ;D

PZ

Quote from: fragger on April 29, 2010, 11:54:18 PM

ahhh... mo worries, fragger - us old guys regularly go off on tangents and then Art splits the topic and sets us straight again - he's very kind not to chastise us too much.  ;)

JRD

Quote from: PZ on April 30, 2010, 08:38:35 AM
Quote from: fragger on April 29, 2010, 11:54:18 PM

ahhh... mo worries, fragger - us old guys regularly go off on tangents and then Art splits the topic and sets us straight again - he's very kind not to chastise us too much.  ;)

Let me add: Please do hijack the topic and take us somewhere unexpected... surprise me fragger!!!  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Art Blade

Hehe guys, go on as you like :) It's not that I never go off topic myself... and then split off my own deviation  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I was riding the roads yesterday and ran across a few Roach buddies in a hard spot, so I joined them.  They started in one of those armed off-road vehicles, but that one ended up destroyed, so the driver hopped into a cargo truck and started driving away.  Naturally, I hopped onto his truck and came along for the ride.  I had a few good laughs as the motorcycle govmen would race up beside us, and some would run head on into on-coming traffic.  I also experimented double grappling them off of their bikes (one end of the wire to them and the other end to the ground or another vehicle), and it was hilarious to see them yanked off their seats. I also tried grappling their bike to the ground so they went sailing over the handle bars - these bike govmen are really fun to play with.

I recall yanking one off of his bike, and as he stood there yelling, I grappled him to the back of the truck I was riding on.  He dangled like a fish being trolled from a boat for a while, but after about 5 seconds or so, the wire breaks.

Another trick was to grapple the govmen Jeeps to the ground, but the only problem was again that that the wire breaks rather easily.

Now on to the Bolo patch (liksted in the JC2 mods index), which lets you have high strength wires (and more than one if you wish) - man that is both fun and funny.  The govmen now are dragged for what seems like an unlimited time (until they die) behind the rig, and when you grapple one of their vehicles to the ground, it looks like a rabid dog chained to a post - they can't escape.  ;D

Art Blade

those extra strong wires sound like a lot of fun indeed  ;D I'd try to connect anything that flies (aeroplanes, helicopters) with govmen vehicles... I am visualising a police car dangling from a civilian jumbo jet sailing away... ;D

PZ

I'm going to try some things - I wonder if mass/gravity plays a role in the game.  How about trying to fly away a large truck or boat with the tiny helicopter  ;D

Art Blade

haha, if you can get away, you got a way  ;D

PZ

I just tried the Rowlington K22 (sp?) helicopter to pick up a large truck and it was unable to.  However, it was able to pick up a tuk tuk (taxi) which I used to drop on the head of a Colonel  ;D

By the way, when you fully upgrade the Rowlington, you get dual machine guns on this tiny fast and agile helicopter.  Using these guns, I've been able to defeat all govmen helicopters sent my way.

fragger

Quote from: PZ on May 05, 2010, 08:51:26 PM
I just tried the Rowlington K22 (sp?) helicopter to pick up a large truck and it was unable to.  However, it was able to pick up a tuk tuk (taxi) which I used to drop on the head of a Colonel  ;D

Cool! :-X :-X

PZ

Although I have not noticed this before, I was able to sneak up behind a govman without him (or anyone else) knowing I was there and deal him a death blow.  This was in a military installation with plenty of govmen around; they were just not looking in my direction.  However, reminiscent of FC2, as soon as the deed was done, every govman in the area knew exactly where I was.  ;D

Art Blade

Hahaha :) Yeah, I know that... one reason might be that we don't have silenced weapons  ;D

eor123

I have been able to sneak up on a Colonel and his entourage a couple of times -- the ones on rooftops in Panau City Residential District. I was able to get close enough to toss a triggered explosive and detonate it before they had an opportunity to react. 
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

Cool technique - I'll remember that one.  I love using the triggered explosives.  :-X

Art Blade

My approach to colonels is a single headshot with a sniper rifle. Almost too easy  ;D

PZ

My last few colonels have been done fro a distance using a gunship of some kind - I'm too far for him to hit effectively, but I can watch his icon frantically moving as he tries to dodge the spray of bullets until it finally disappears.  ;D

Art Blade

I did exactly the same today  ;D

PZ

As I was collecting black boxes and skulls, the process kind of reminds me of collecting diamonds and predecessor tapes in FC2.  You get to travel all over the world and see lots of new things.  Because the landscape is so varied, I'm enjoying the collecting a bit more than in FC2.

spaceboy

I feel the same way PZ but I also think it has to do with the varied transportation and the fact that the items are marked on the map and you can mark a waypoint.  I never found all the diamonds despite DBs maps, but I think I'll find the factions items.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Good point, spaceboy - I think you hit the nail on the head with the transportation and waypoint comments.  Because the boxes and skulls are located in such diverse areas, you need sometimes to fly, others to drive, and yet others to sail a boat.  This is what keeps the quests from becoming boring.  :-X

spaceboy

heh well that made me think - when we hit the open plains in RDR our choices may well come down to Appaloosa vs. American Quarter  lol

But I did enjoy riding the horses throughout the kingdom in AC1...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Tags:
🡱 🡳