Eeyore's Adventures In The Hundred Acre Wood

Started by eor123, March 29, 2010, 12:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on April 02, 2010, 05:39:38 PM
Hahaha, I think I've never seen that in my own game, but I think fragger posted a screenie with floating weapons, once :)

I did indeed, 'twas this one (at Private Property):

[smg id=1825 align=center width=400]

:)

JRD

Quote from: eor123 on April 02, 2010, 05:34:03 PM
Apparently the Mercs in Bowa have been provided with prototype anti-gravity and cloaking technology.

[smg id=2164]

If they're upgrading their gear we better move to FarCry 3 land asap!!  ;D ;D :P
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Seems just about right for the dumb Merc's to invest all that time and money into high-tech stuff like that and then completely forget to extend it to their weapons !

At least we still know where to shoot ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

Irony Defined

[smg id=2179]

Respect The M79

[smg id=2181]

Failed Push Start

[smg id=2182]
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

eor123

Honestly, Mr. Tambossa...your guys at Sefapane fell down the stairs. One of them must have just waxed the floors or something.

[smg id=2186]

[smg id=2187]
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

Can I have some of that wax, please? I think some of the floors in our office could use some of that.  ;D

eor123

I may have stumbled onto something...or maybe not.  ;D

I have noticed in several places during the game, there are what look like crosses on the ground among the trash. And I have noticed that these show up [or at least I've noticed them] in three places where assassinations take place as part of a mission: the police station; the ranch house; and the hut at the Outpost. I recall seeing them elsewhere but cannot recall exactly where -- perhaps the Polytech? They may actually be scattered throughout the game and don't have any relationship to certain missions.

The question is whether it is randomly generated trash or if there was an attempt to insert some religious symbolism into FC2?

Another observation....the "cross" shown below appears to be very close to what is considered the "divine proportion" aka golden ratio, ie. a 1.618:1 vertical to horizontal ratio.

I don't know but I am going to keep looking.

[smg id=2584]

Art Blade

Golden ratio? Never heard about that before.. there's a science for everything, apparently  ;D But I do remember those crosses, I too saw them scattered across the map. I think you can find some in safehouses, too. Although nothing  is coincidence when it comes to repeating patterns, those graphics needed programming, I don't see any special meaning behind it.

eor123

From Wiki....

In mathematics and the arts, two quantities are in the golden ratio if the ratio of the sum of the quantities to the larger quantity is equal to the ratio of the larger quantity to the smaller one. The golden ratio is an irrational mathematical constant, approximately 1.6180339887. Other names frequently used for the golden ratio are the golden section (Latin: sectio aurea) and golden mean.

Other terms encountered include extreme and mean ratio, medial section, divine proportion, divine section (Latin: sectio divina), golden proportion, golden cut, golden number, and mean of Phidias. The golden ratio is often denoted by the Greek letter phi, usually lower case (φ).

At least since the Renaissance, many artists and architects have proportioned their works to approximate the golden ratio—especially in the form of the golden rectangle, in which the ratio of the longer side to the shorter is the golden ratio—believing this proportion to be aesthetically pleasing. Mathematicians have studied the golden ratio because of its unique and interesting properties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

Art Blade

Thanks for that :-X I recognised a few of those terms. What I meant in the other post was, I thought someone had made up a special formula how particularly a cross should be constructed.  :)

eor123

Either by design or by chance, many Christian crosses conform to the "divine proportion" as they are thought to be more aesthetically pleasing.

mandru

Up North the underground was Headquartered out of Father Malia's church.

Now as to whether the occurrence of these shapes elsewhere throughout the game are intentionally linked to that by UBI or is coincidental I really can't say but it is understood that the mercs are in the habit of stealing anything of suspected value from the locals.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mmosu

I think the golden proportion arises by chance in most instances simply because without knowing why, people will rate objects that conform to the golden proportion as more aesthetically pleasing than objects (or even faces) that don't.  Plus, the golden proportion also appears in nature.  An example would be butterfly wings, the upper larger section of the typical butterfly wing is in golden proportion to the smaller lower part.  Dentists also sometimes utilize principles of the golden proportion when designing a new smile.  It is useful particularly when selecting teeth for a new complete denture or when veneering or crowning anterior natural teeth or implants so that the end result is proportional and conformative to the patient's face overall.  It's not used as much for this as it once was though, as research has shown that the golden proportion is actually not always the most aesthetic proportion to be used in every case as it was once thought.

Art Blade

Which reminds me of a funny ad when an old couple got up and accidentally swapped their dentures. They were facing the camera standing side by side, the small lady looked like a horse and the tall gentleman like a cartoon character.  :-D

mmosu

I've seen that one, the lady actually looks like this -->  :-()

Art Blade

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳