No...can't be two guys.
Just one guy
Just one...you and him, now
Where the Hell is he?
Come on a$$hole!
Jesus...where is he?
I know he's out there"

"If he comes our way, we'll toast him real nice."

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

Quote from: eor123 on April 07, 2010, 11:58:46 AM
"Hey!  Anybody! Anyone!
Where the Hell is everyone?
Oh f@#$ me, man.
This aint happening
No bloody way this is happening
Just be cool, man."

Haha, there is something that fits in there nicely:

"Where is everyone? One... two... three... all dead..."  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

- I can't believe they've lost him.
- What do you think? Those guys are thick as molasses.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

I just opened fire from the roof in Port Soleo with a Level 4 Rep.

The merc chaos was so extreme, I think I heard about every "AI under stress" script. There were so many mercs screaming and cursing I couldn't separate them. My stepson watched for a while and said, "Man, you gotta let me borrow this when you are through with it."

I was planning to, but I never quite seem to get through with it.   ;D
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

;D I've just right now finished another playthrough. Even the LZ bit  ;D

mandru

Nice finds eor123.   :-X

While I'm level 4 rep, I like walking up on a pair of mercs where one of them is talking about how he's going to handle me when he gets his chance and I'll bump directly into him to get the 180 degree change of attitude when he realizes it's put up or shut up time.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mandru

Just now while rampaging in Pala I overheard one merc telling another, "It will leave a mark but you'll live."

- mandru

eor123

Don't have the exact wording but have heard some interesting exchanges between "the Doc" and a wounded guy he is patching uo.

The wounded guy says something like, "Hey! Are you digging all the way to China Doc?"

The Doc replies " Hang on tough guy, you're going to be fine."

And the Doc also says something like,  Take two aspirin and a bottle of
Scotch and you'll be fine by morning."

Art Blade

I remember two Doc-situations.

One, when some nearby merc comments "Make it quick, Doc, he looks like he got caught by a f@#$ing rhino!" -- I love that one  :))

Two, when the Doc tells the wounded "you're lucky he was such a sh!$ shot"

;D

eor123

Just heard a new one that made me hysterical.

I was in a fire fight at a GP near the Salvage Yard [Level 3 Rep] and had taken cover inside the building.

"I've got you covered. Go in there and get him!"

"Is that a fucking joke?"

I almost got killed I was laughing so hard.

Art Blade

Hehe, rep lvl 4:

"He gone? ...is he gone? ...he's gone, yeah?"  ;D

mandru

I was in Selao ripping things up and I just caught the following for the first time.

1st merc "He's right there at the barrel!"

2nd merc "Well get him!  One shot will set that barrel right off!"

When this was said I was right at the yellow barrel that's just around the corner from the ladder up to the roof of the central building.  It was interesting to catch the mercs saying something that was very specific to my location like that.
- mandru

Art Blade

Cool, never heard that barrel line myself. Nice find  :-X

I only heard them say "quick, he's in there" and "we gotta get in there!" and "toss a grenade in" when I had just hidden inside of a hut.

fragger

Nice catch there, mandru :-X

I've often heard things like, "Quick! He was just over there!" and "There he is!" So in view of what you reported, I guess they only say those things when they really do see you, and it's not just a case of random pieces of dialogue thrown in.

PZ

Excellent observation, mandru - I've never noticed that type of specificity either, but was usually too busy dodging bullets while running away to hear much of anything  ;D

mandru

I was in god + ignore mode and was crouching to place an IED on that barrel as I caught that line of dialog.  So even though the mercs couldn't see me, the game could and prompted them to deliver that line.

I've noticed mercs are the only thing that can't see me when I'm in ignore mode because while I'm driving under the influence ( :P) or on foot the animals in the game will react the same as ever and bolt away when I approach.

I too have encountered "He's on the roof", "He's up there" and even "He's in there!  Toss in a grenade!" but I had taken those as just being generic lines not realizing that my specific location was triggering them.

Now I'm going to have to pay more attention to that chatter to try to catch more like that.
- mandru

PZ

Nice  :-X

I thought you might have been in the ignore_player mode - this is what I love about playing on the PC; the mods/hacks/cheats that add an entirely new feel to the game.

Art Blade

Another Doc-situation

"Doc, quick!"
"Where is he?"
"My legs... I can't feel my legs!"
"I'm right over!"
"I'm in bad shape, doc."
"Nah, you'll be alright. You still got your looks."

fragger

Cool - haven't heard that exchange as yet :-X :-X

PZ

It is funny the way the mercs have a frantic, chaotic way of expressing themselves - they always seem to be "on edge".  ;D

batdog

QuoteIt is funny the way the mercs have a frantic, chaotic way of expressing themselves - they always seem to be "on edge".

Well they must be taking some form of "medication" as they're always pretty alert whatever time of day or night I drive by.  ;D

eor123

Even with all my play throughs and the stealthy approach I prefer, I have run across very few sleeping mercs.

JRD

Me too... I once tripped on a sleeping merc while searching a small shack for a diamond... he scared me so I shot him in the face, of course... the noise also woke his pal sleeping outside, who was also shot in the face!  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

eor123

On the mission where you assassinate the used car salesman for Josip, I found both the salesman and a merc asleep at the hut in Mokuba. The salesman was sleeping on the ground and I literally stepped on him while looking around. In the past, he had always been inside the hut and seemed to have ESP as he opened fire before it was possible to see me.

The merc was supposed to be laying on the cot inside the hut, but he hadn't spawned in the correct place. He was levitating in his sleep just outside the hut. Killed them both with silenced pistol and left the area without any drama.

It was another weird twist that keeps the game interesting.

Art Blade

I found a few mercs sleeping at night, namely indeed that used cars salesman, I too saw him sleep outside his hut on the floor (which was an easy sniper hit for me), then at the Polytech, left of the entrance in a hut, there were two guys asleep; and somewhere near a guard post (I believe near the Post Office on your way back to Port Selao) in a hut. That one was sleeping on a bed, and I took my time mentally playing through variations of how to kill him until I finally took him out with a 6P9 not to wake fellow buddies.

Tags:
🡱 🡳