Mercs Say The Darndest Things

Started by eor123, March 18, 2010, 09:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, the barge mission, of course, I had some cheats to help me do this, but it made Frank mad.....

[smg id=189 type=av align=center]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

eor123

Overheard recently:

"He can't be killed! He can't be killed!"

I've heard this hundreds of times but it still makes me chuckle and sometimes respond:

"What? Are we under attack?"

No, doofus. Someone decided to set of fireworks in a thunderstorm and the AT exploded as a  result of spontaneous combustion...and an African tetse fly coincidentally just bit you in the a$$.

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

My all-time favourite has always been in my signature, and it will stay there  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

My favorite of all time: "well... look what we got!" [spoken in a derisive tone]

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

I keep hearing a merc yell something that sounds like, "I'm Aliiiiive!"

??

Ever notice that each time you fire a grenade launcher, a merc yells, " Oh f@#k!"

I do the same thing when they fire them at me.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

Quote from: eor123 on March 31, 2010, 12:12:12 PMI keep hearing a merc yell something that sounds like, "I'm Aliiiiive!"

Shoot him, then. And don't expect him to yell "I'm dead now!" (If he does, he's probably lying)

Quote from: eor123 on March 31, 2010, 12:12:12 PMEver notice that each time you fire a grenade launcher, a merc yells, " Oh f@#$!"

Yes, we have that in the funny tactics and tips topic (what a tongue twister, lol)

Quote from: eor123 on March 31, 2010, 12:12:12 PMI do the same thing when they fire them at me.

Maybe they'll stop if you do  ;D

eor123

A new one:

"He's In There!"
"How convenient. Let's give him a real nice welcome."

Art Blade

heh, reminds me of another line (actually I don't remember the first guy's line, but the second guy's one)

guy#1 - ...
guy#2 - If he comes our way, we'll toast him real nice!

fragger

I never quite understood:

"We've got a live one!"

What, were they expecting to be attacked by zombies? ;D

I also like this exchange:

Merc 1: "They went and lost him!"
Merc 2: "I told you those molls were useless!"

eor123

I've never understood the exchange:

"Do you see anything?"

"Nah. It's too bloody hot."

Must be damn hot there.  ;D

Art Blade

lololol  ;D ;D ;D Same here! Neither the one fragger mentioned (never got the word "moll" right) nor the blinding heat  ;D

eor123

"I told you those moles are useless."

Moles are relatively blind so that might make sense.

Dweller_Benthos

"moll" is generally a semi-derogatory term for the girlfriend of a gangster or mob boss. So, calling someone a moll is essentially calling them a girl.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thanks D_B  :) when I looked it up, it was basically translated to "whore"

fragger

"Molls" or "moles" - I guess it could go either way ;D

@eor: I never got that "hot" one either... Maybe it got so hot his contact lenses melted

eor123

Art Blade

I always liked those (but I haven't played FC2 frequently in the last couple of weeks, so I may be slightly inaccurate):

"I've seen you, you piece of sh!$! You're nothing, and I'm gonna make you a whole lot less than nothing! Come on, a$$hole, fight me like a man!"

And

"Come on, sweetheart... I've got a present for you!"  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: eor123 on April 01, 2010, 11:29:20 AM
"I told you those moles are useless."

Moles are relatively blind so that might make sense.

I've just heard that line again, yet I think I heard this:

- "They went and lost him!"
- "I told you he was more than useless."

I think the first guy must have mentioned to the second guy sometimes that our character was something like "a useless piece of sh!$" or the likes, and the second guy now tells the first guy that he obviously had underestimated "us." At least that is what I gather from what I heard.

/edited the first line.

PZ

I have to say that the merc lines are what make FC2 stand above most games - priceless.  :-X

eor123

"You've got the jitters."
"I'll give you the jitters. Shut the f@#$ up."
"Relax, man. We're all friends here."

PZ

Quote from: eor123 on April 05, 2010, 10:49:40 PM
"It's okay, man. We're all friends here."

This is another classic  :-X

fragger

Hanging around the towns seems to produce some of the most memorable dialogue. I overheard a shouting match yesterday which I've never heard before, and only caught the last couple of lines, which were something like (not exactly):

Merc 1: "You look like you were dropped on your head when you were a baby!"

Merc 2: "Come here and say that, I'll drop you!"

Merc 1: "In your dreams!"

I wish I could have made out the first few lines, but a couple of mercs closer by were talking and all I could hear was vague shouting.

Art Blade

hehehe, nice  ;D Happened to me, too, like too many mercs talking across each other, preventing me from understanding some of the dialogues.

eor123

"Hey Guys! Anyone!
Where the Hell is everyone?
Oh f@#$ me, man.
This aint happening
No bloody way this is happening
Just be cool, man."

"Its' him!
We've got you surrounded...we've got you surrounded.
My God...we're surrounded.
f@#$ it. What do I do?
Somebody help me!"

Tags:
🡱 🡳