AC2 funny moments

Started by PZ, December 06, 2009, 04:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

rise and fall of an empire  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I'm amused by the guard's behavior in Venice.  Partially because by this point in the game your actions can be so intimidating to them that out of a group of four. two of them may bolt and run and then if another group of four stroll up on patrol while you are polishing off the first remaining two maybe as many as three of those new guards will spook and dash off too.   ???

It's not uncommon for me to have it turn out that out of twelve guards I only end up with three or four of them which can be pretty annoying if I'm intentionally seeking them out to loot and refill a medicine slot in my inventory.

Then there's the Double Eagle Strike.  It throws citizens into a blind panic.  So there they go running and screaming in all directions as I calmly stroll away right past a group of guards posted at a doorway barely around the corner from that recent spot marked X.  These new guards are oblivious and trying to enjoy the sunny day except for all these annoying screaming town's folk that keep slamming into them knocking them down.   ^+-+

If they don't see it happen or the bodies afterwords it escapes their perception even though the citizens are seriously freaking out but let's take that situation up one more notch of weirdness.

If a guard has seen you commit a crime every new guard who comes along while you are in notorious status they will attempt to get at you.  Enter the guards who become frightened and run away as you are killing the last companion or their little squad.  A fleeing guard is no longer perceived by other guards as being a guard and not only that when a guard turns to flee from you as you kill the last member of his squad who is fighting you the fleeing guard loses the ability to mark you as notorious.

I have chased a fleeing guard (hot pursuit right on his tail) through crowds as he runs screaming for help right up to and past other squads of posted or patrolling guards.  It doesn't even cause them to raise an eyebrow.  The biggest third party reaction (chasing guard A, response from guard B) I've ever received was one guard commented when I got too close "We might want to keep an eye on that one."

???

The guard I'm chasing turns a corner or there's a moment of 'no line of sight' so I take another notch out of any chance I had at sainthood then I turn and walk back towards that group of guards I just ran past.

Target locked.   >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

:-() :-X

What I like to do is walk up to four guards posted around a door behind of which I want to loot a chest. So I walk up close, slam both hidden blades through the necks of two of them and watch the two remaining guards turn to me.. and then I enjoy their facial expressions when they die simultaneously by the hidden blades, an expression of utter surprise and disbelief.  :-D Then I loot the chest.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

That is also one of my favorite approaches to dealing with guards Art.  I've spent a lot of time after completing the story line filling the wells and canals of Venice with the bodies of dispatched guards I've noticed a couple things that will make that move go smoothly and increase my chances of success.

I'll pick either the two guards on the left or the two guards on the right.  Of the four guards (as I approach them) killing the two in the middle makes it impossible to polish off the two remaining with a single move.  So I make my move and kill the first two.  If I've hit the right mouse button just before the left mouse button when I take them, the strike is usually a power move that will slam them to the ground and get them out of my way so I can turn and kill the other two without having to w@&k my way around the bodies of the first two.

If I've walked up without using the right mouse button and calmly used the double hidden blade strike they will stagger around for a while getting in my way giving the remaining guards a chance to react and switch to combative mode before I can get to them.  Once a guard has gone into combative mode it removes the option to use Assassinate strikes with the hidden blades (unless you are positioned at a level higher than them) so if I do hit the first two guards and get tangled with them (they block the approach to the other two guards) a trick that I've learned to disengage from bodies that are still falling as quickly as I can before the remaining guards are able to react is to use the direction buttons (AWSD) to indicate the direction I would like to be moving if I wasn't tangled up, then hit the right mouse button to engage the Assassinate Command and then hit the left button to perform the double hidden blade strike on the remaining guards who (if I move quickly enough) are still standing there in shock going "Whoa!"   :o

That sequence of key strokes I described will often cause Ezio to leap straight up in the air above the still stumbling bodies of the first two guards in their death throes and come sharply down at the other two guards in a move very similar to the Double Eagle Strike though I've never checked to see if it counts as such.

It's funny, if I'm on the prowl looking for trouble it's my hidden blades that are usually equipped and my stats show that they are my favorite weapon but the empty hand (fist) is steadily creeping up on the hidden blades.  If I'm engaged with a large group of guards (the more the merrier  :-D ) using empty hands while riding the right mouse button for defense so I can disarm and counter strike them with their own weapon allows me to keep more of my health longer.

Other than a Brute who has pulled his weapon back in a power strike I can either strip their weapon and kill them or at worst they'll block my disarm move but either way I've taken no damage.  And that Brute in the power strike stance there's an amusing possibility that arises with that situation too.   ;D

Being aware of the positions of the group of attacking guards around me when a Brute starts a power strike I move away from him to create a gap so that he can't quite reach me and the other guards will obligingly shift out of the way allowing me to do so while still positioning themselves looking for their own chance to strike.  When there's a gap like that the Brute either follows or another of the surrounding guards will step into that opening I've created by avoiding the Brute.

Once a Brute has loaded up for a power strike he will usually follow through and take the swing even though I'm just beyond reach which can be quite unfortunate for one of his squad mates that's stepped in between him and me.   ^+-+
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Oh that's sweet  :-() I too love to manoeuvre guards between me and an attacking guard, and yes, particularly those attacking brutes are great :-D Sometimes you'll see them slash innocent bystanders (or, more to the point, "byrunners" who may come to an abrupt stop with a weapon stuck in them)  >:D

And regarding fists, hell, yes. I like to pickpocket people like a maniac until one of them (finally) engages me. That's just the kind of excuse for me to beat him and everyone else who is up to it to pulp  >:D Rinse and repeat  :-() By the time I'm finished the place looks like the Black Death had paid a visit upon the town with bodies piled up everywhere  ^+-+

Tags:
🡱 🡳