Battlefield Bad Company 2

Started by RedRaven, March 08, 2010, 12:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

bah, they're just showing off.. who wants an office like that, anyway..

ME!
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

I want this guys skills  ???

Enigma's Aggressive Recon Experience | A PC BFBC2 Movie

If you have the YT downloader that Art linked to in another thread, I suggest that you download the 1080p version and watch in WMP.

Art Blade

Deadman is referring to this:

Quote from: Art Blade on March 14, 2011, 12:18:22 PM
if you like to download videos from youtube, check this out:

Easy YouTube Video Downloader 4.0

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/easy-youtube-video-downl-10137/

:)

And wow, that guy's way of playing, in a nutshell, is "see and shoot, don't think, don't hesitate"  ???
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I liked the beginning better than the actual gameplay.  Yeah he's good, but watching it sped up like that gives is pretty annoying.  I'd much rather watch normal speed or slo mo.  The beginning was really well done though.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on March 16, 2011, 10:56:38 AM
... Yeah he's good, but watching it sped up like that gives is pretty annoying...
His movement reminds me of a yellow jacket (a form of wasp that flies in an erratic manner).  In fact, when you watch many successful MP gamers, it is that random, erratic movement that helps prevent them from being effectively targeted and hit - kind of like trying to swat a fly with your hand - very difficult unless you can take a lucky guess as to where it will be when you swing at it.  :-()

deadman1

Quote from: spaceboy on March 16, 2011, 10:56:38 AM
I liked the beginning better than the actual gameplay.  Yeah he's good, but watching it sped up like that gives is pretty annoying.  I'd much rather watch normal speed or slo mo.  The beginning was really well done though.

That´s his actual speed beleive it or not. when using the lightweight kit you´re a lot faster than other players.

spaceboy

really? wow.  Maybe it's the cutting from scene to scene that made it look so disorienting to me.  I haven't looked at that, is that one of those DLC items?  I don't recall being able to change armor and such for your character.

deadman1

Quote from: spaceboy on March 16, 2011, 02:11:40 PM
really? wow.  Maybe it's the cutting from scene to scene that made it look so disorienting to me.  I haven't looked at that, is that one of those DLC items?  I don't recall being able to change armor and such for your character.

No the lightweight pack is one of the unlockables. If you check your characterscreen (where you choose weapons and such) It should be there. I think it´s in the same row as the extra ammo, grenades and the magnum ammo stuff. Here´s the icon you´ll be looking for:

[smg id=3175 width=700]

[admin]resized the pic (made it appear smaller) :) /Art [/admin]

Art Blade

I was surprised to read spaceboy's comment but then again I used to play competitive many moons ago.. that is the speed of ranked / pro tournaments..  :-() However, the skill is exceptional. :)

spaceboy

hmm.  I rewatched it and I gotta say that doesn't look fun.  I realize all the action shots are spliced together which is part of the chaos in watching but even the parts with him just moving/turning.  I don't know.  Maybe that's just how much faster PC gaming is and you can be that accurate with a mouse, but if that's the case I'm glad I'm on console.

I realize he may have his settings set super high and you can lower them, but if that's what it takes for competitive pro level playing, I'm happy with "competitive" amateur playing.

I've seen gameplay videos before that make me want to play and this one just doesn't.  I find it odd I'm reacting this way, but I am.  :-\\

Art Blade

Not at all, spaceboy, I'm with you there. You can either play  a game and have fun, fooling around and goof up things once in a while, and there is pro gaming which is nothing but utmost effectiveness and actually a sport.

Pro gamers make a lot of money and are constantly training and trying to get even better, for several hours per day. The goal is to get an invitation for a pro game tournament with huge prize money and win it. Sponsors actually recruit good pro gamers and put them together in a luxurious real estate already payed for to make them feel good and to be together day and night to be able to train around the clock. If you're really good but live in a foreign country, they may even pay for your relocation and housing and all that.. pro gaming can be very prestigious for both sides (players and sponsors). So there is no room for "fun" and horsing around, unless you still manage to win.

Personally I prefer to have a life and play a game while I still like to play to the best of my abilities and win. So indeed, pro gaming is a league of its own, and I wouldn't want to compete with those "machines" but rather enjoy a good game with some fun involved and a chillaxed moment whenever I want.

spaceboy

well I suppose it's a moot point as my skills would never be that good, so of course I prefer the fun side of gaming. ;D   Of course there are some of us amateurs who take things entirely too seriously, but I think there is room to strive to do well in a game and still have fun, laugh at the randomness of things, and sometimes just be in awe at how cool something looked - even if it ended in my "death".

BC2 is the best at that (online).  Come around a corner and looking straight at a tank, turning around and hightailing it out of there, meanwhile shots ring out from the gunner, splinters of wooden fence are flying everywhere, you hear (and feel) the rumble of the machine coming towards you.  The big, deep boom of a shell being fired.  Respawn.

death/respawn, yes.  "fail"/loss, yes.  funny as hell, yes.

Of course it's great when you can see that tank down the way, tag it with an RPG, duck inbetween the shacks and reeds to reload, step out again hitting it a second time, now they see you.  Same sounds, same bullets wizzing around you, same shell taking out a chunk of the wall your hiding behind as you reload once again.  Step out, last shot.  BOOM.

win/move on, yes.  funny as hell, yes.

Art Blade

I had abandoned multiplayer games because of two things: Amateurs taking it too seriously and idiots who called experts "noob/cheater" and at the time managed to blow the game by unfair and stupid gaming for anyone who was having fun. Those games that were team based usually consisted of the former type and FFA DM (free for all death match) games of the latter type. Now with Bulletstorm there is no chat ( ^-^ ) so no calling names and there is only one team based MP mode which in a way requires all four team mates to assist one another or everyone fails. That may be the only MP shooter I'll play for a while because either you're having fun together or you just leave ;D You can't admire the landscape as the game is Human vs AI, so the AI will always be after you..  ;)

fragger

I'm with you guys - the demands of being a pro gamer would take all the fun out of it for me.

nexor

[smg id=3182]
A bit cool

[smg id=3185]
Watch out, here it comes ! ! ! !

[smg id=3186]
Stopped it just in time ! !  ???

Art Blade

deadman1

Hehe I don´t know how many times I´ve managed to roadkill myself by shooting the driver, only to be run over by the vehicle  :-()

Art Blade

I like your attitude, deadman  :-()

nexor

hahahaha....  the screenshot was taken on "Take Ten", I'm sure my body imprint is etched in the wall............ :-() :-D.

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: deadman1 on March 27, 2011, 07:35:49 AM
Hehe I don´t know how many times I´ve managed to roadkill myself by shooting the driver, only to be run over by the vehicle  :-()

^+-+ I've seen FC2 vehicles bearing down on me that way!

Art Blade

I don't think that I got ran over by an unmanned vehicle in FC2 but I'll give it a try  :-()

nexor

The first time I met up with this truck I blasted it with the GL as fast as I could load it, when I saw it's not going to stop him I tried to climb back up the wall where I came from, that was my second mistake..... :-D

Art Blade

sounds like your third mistake. I reckon the first one was to climb down that wall..  :-()

nexor

Tags:
🡱 🡳