Battlefield Bad Company 2

Started by RedRaven, March 08, 2010, 12:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B33 ENN

Well, I'll be majorly disappointed if they don't include a good SP portion. I was looking forward to the Vietnam DLC until I found out it didn't mean a 'Nam based SP campaign as well as MP.

No SP would rule me out of buying anymore, but I suppose that isn't a big loss to DICE since players like me are not the target audience for this game.

At least there's ARMA2 for us loners...  :)
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

nexor

The pilot reminds me of Murdock from the A Team.............. :-()

Art Blade

I can relate, BN, I too focus on SP. Games that don't focus on SP are just out of bounce for me.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Some Grenade launcher action, I prefer the launcher in FC2, it's more accurate and have more power than this one ..............

BBC2 13

Art Blade

That last bit was almost identical with CoD4, about at the end of the game when you had to escape. A chase, shooting from the back of a car, a helo chasing you (including you driving through a tunnel while the helo is outside firing at you)... why do the devs think that it is cool to sit in, no, wait.. nailed to the back of a car and shoot pursuing cars.. they did that with Kane&Lynch, too.. a lot of games, actually...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Those quads in the beginning of the section are actually easier to get rid using the regular AR instead of the GL. Just shoot the driver and they crash, for the Vodnik (the trucks) try and aim a little in front of them and towards the ground so the drive into the grenade.  :) Those are lessons learned from playing 160+ hours of MP with those weapons and vehicles  ;)

spaceboy

@Art - you're right the basic layout of that situation (shooting off the back of a moving vehicle) has been done a lot, but at least for me, I still enjoy it.  Particularly when you can mess around with different ways of getting rid of your pursuers.  Shooting just the driver with a regular AR and watching as the rest of the baddies look as their jeep careens off a cliff, shoot out tires to make a vehicle flip, or just plain demolish the front ends with GLs watching them flip over in flames.  In truth so much of what we play has already been done, but I still enjoy it.

deadman - nice on the 160+ hours.   :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

B33 ENN

There is at least two other sections like that I remember in the game, one where you egress an airfield and careen down a narrow road having to shoot ahead. I found that confusing as they are driving so fast and turning on a winding road going downhill that I pretty much am certain I hit absolutely no enemies  ^+-+

The other I did really well on, you had to kind of shoot sideways driving on the edge of a valley at enemy positions. And actually theer is a cool one gunning out the side of the Blackhawk at a Hind and then some RPG guys below around a base you have to assault

For me it was a first playing that kind of game and although the scripted nature of it and the lack of freedom was a surprise, it was fun to try it. THe one above shooting out the back took me 3 goes to do as I also finally figured out to grenade at the ground in front of the oncoming attackers.  :-X

It made me wish FC2 had had a little more in that way for it's buddy dynamic... Imagine your Recue Buddy grabbing you from a tight spot and making your escape as he/she drives and you man the turret firing at the enemy assault trucks!  8)

JRD

I`ll echo spaceboy`s words... I know, they made a lot of that shooting from a moving vehicle, but I like it (as the Stones would say  :-D ), as long as you can have fun, that is... I`ve played games where you are underpowered and greatly outnumbered so when you finally finish the level is more a relief than a good time  :-[ :D

Quote from: B33 ENN on January 10, 2011, 08:46:25 AM
It made me wish FC2 had had a little more in that way for it's buddy dynamic... Imagine your Recue Buddy grabbing you from a tight spot and making your escape as he/she drives and you man the turret firing at the enemy assault trucks!  8)

B33 ENN... we have pages and pages on that matter.... and I wholeheartedly agree with you... the buddy system could`ve been used in so many great ways...
... but it haven`t  :-(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

actually, what you describe there B33 ENN, about the rescue buddies, is essentially something that CAN be had  in BC2 online MP.  It doesn't always happen that all matches have such great teamwork experiences, but they are there and actually quite often.

I believe it's all due to the vehicles.  As I've said, the reason that I feel the Bad Co. games trump COD is due to the vehicles and destructive environments.  One aspect of this is the teamwork.  Whether or not that other guy online really wants to be your buddy or not is irrelevant when you spawn in his tank or jeep and take over an objective together.

For the most part though, your teammates will slow down their vehicles if they see, or hear, you running toward them.  Everyone would rather drive into battle with a gunner to help than without.  By their nature the vehicles encourage teamwork more than just infantry (like COD).

What gets better is when let's say you've equipped yourself with a repair tool and you can help some tank drivers out by repairing their rides after an objective - or heck during a heavy firefight for that matter.

Sure some matches devolve into crazy lopsided battles, but some are just beautiful how they play out and really gives you a sense of teamwork and accomplishment.

After finally getting a good chance to play a COD game (that I own and am invested in it).  I am amazed they are more popular than the Battlefield games.  It doesn't compute to me.

nexor

And what makes it more enjoyable is the fact that you have unlimited ammo for the launcher while on the back of the truck.............. ;D

spaceboy

good point nexor - those levels with mounted guns are a great way to conserve your own ammo!

nexor

Quote from: spaceboy on January 10, 2011, 06:38:37 PM
good point nexor - those levels with mounted guns are a great way to conserve your own ammo!

In this particular instance it's your own launcher you using, not a mounted one............

B33 ENN

MP play sounds really interesting and someday I'd love to try it, but I just don't like the idea of playing with strangers and kids who are just gonna flame or cheat, so would really only give it a go with people I know. Like an OWG MP club  :-D

Quote from: spaceboy on January 10, 2011, 12:06:16 PM...I am amazed they are more popular than the Battlefield games.  It doesn't compute to me.

I second this, I hear so much that CoD games of today are over-rated and games like BC2 have overtaken them in many areas, but still Activision wins, even without any sales or promotions!  ::) I guess it is an ingrained brand now that commands that "genuine article" image in people's minds.

spaceboy

@ nexor - true, I was getting carried away/confused and talking in general with those levels - but I actually missed the nuance of your point - In BC2 I didn't remember that you get unlimited ammo for your own GL while on that ride.  I suppose I knew when playing, but didn't recall.

Thanks for pointing that out  :-X

@ B33 ENN - honestly, my experience has been 95% positive with people online (I'm on PS3),  there have been instances, but they've really been few and far between.  It also does help to have at least one person to squad with.  I've got so many "friends" now of peeps I've played with at some point that this helps.

I guess the allure of COD to most is it is pick up and play, you can do well with twitch shooting reflexes.  Games like BC2 require a bit more "training" to really do well.  It can also mean you take the roll of an Engineer or Medic if your team needs it even if it doesn't have your favorite gun.  I enjoy the variety but others might not.

deadman1

Quote from: B33 ENN on January 11, 2011, 06:57:38 AM
MP play sounds really interesting and someday I'd love to try it, but I just don't like the idea of playing with strangers and kids who are just gonna flame or cheat, so would really only give it a go with people I know. Like an OWG MP club  :-D

Quote from: spaceboy on January 10, 2011, 12:06:16 PM...I am amazed they are more popular than the Battlefield games.  It doesn't compute to me.

I second this, I hear so much that CoD games of today are over-rated and games like BC2 have overtaken them in many areas, but still Activision wins, even without any sales or promotions!  ::) I guess it is an ingrained brand now that commands that "genuine article" image in people's minds.

If you feel like trying out some MP I can suggest some servers for you. Since you are in UK you will probably get good ping to most european servers, another tip before you start is to go to youtube and search for BFBC 2 "tutorial" videos. There is one called "How not to be a noob at BFBC 2" that´s very informative for a new player. You should also register with the european BCBF2 community at forum.ea.com, although they´re not as nice as the members of OWG, you will be able to find ppl that will answer even your most "noobie" questions. Oh what the heck why wait. when you feel the urge to get your butt thoroughly thrashed you can join me at "gubbklubben.se" (just type that in the search field in the serverbrowser without the qoutes), my nick in BFBC 2 is pollan66  >:D

Art Blade

[admin]Just a reminder, deadman and everyone else, if you give away your nickname and server names, this will be visible to the entire world, search engines, and anyone who chooses to read this topic / your post. If it is alright with you, leave it as is, else you might want to edit and remove the info and instead use a non-public means (like PM or senior members area) :)[/admin]

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on January 11, 2011, 12:42:56 PM
Just a reminder, deadman and everyone else, if you give away your nickname and server names, this will be visible to the entire world, search engines, and anyone who chooses to read this topic / your post. If it is alright with you, leave it as is, else you might want to edit and remove the info and instead use a non-public means (like PM or senior members area) :)

Thanks for the heads up mate, but it´s not a problem for me to reveal my nick in BFBC 2, the most anyone reading it can do with it is look up my stats    ;)

Art Blade

nexor

Hope you guys don't mind all the pics and vids I post on BC2 :-[  I found fraps is working beautiful on BC2, you can do the entire game and have it on vid, it looks like fraps do about 10 min sessions per vid, the next vid starts where the previous one ended, even when you're killed and the last save is reloaded :)

deadman1

Quote from: nexor63 on January 13, 2011, 02:30:40 AM
Hope you guys don't mind all the pics and vids I post on BC2 :-[  I found fraps is working beautiful on BC2, you can do the entire game and have it on vid, it looks like fraps do about 10 min sessions per vid, the next vid starts where the previous one ended, even when you're killed and the last save is reloaded :)

Don´t worry about that m8. It´s what a forum like this is for, to share stuff about games you enjoy playing. For me who´s already done the BFBC2 SP a couple of times it´s kinda nostalgic to see those vids.  :)

nexor

The only sad thing deadman, I can only play the pc version, by the time the pc version is released here most people with other platforms have already forgotten the game, I would really enjoy being able to explore and find new things of interest in the games together with you guys, although you guys are thousands of miles apart you are so closely bonded by OWG it's like one big family, and I see that as the main reason why this is such a great site........... (home no 2):)

spaceboy

don't worry nexor, in fact, please post lots of vids and stories.   We like talking about games we like even if we're playing something else now.  And with BC2 I still do play MP and might one day do SP again.  So keep sharing.  as deadman said, that's the point of sites like this!

PZ

ditto on spaceboy's comment - I love reading adventures about games I've already played - I can almost place myself in the story.  For instance, mandru recently posted great stories about AC2 - I learned a couple of things I didn't know, and it makes me long for the game again.  :-X

Art Blade

same thoughts here about what has been said, nexor.

One thing though, you make it sound as if you were not one of "the guys," but you are :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳