Where's my payment?!?!

Started by JRD, February 11, 2010, 04:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

PZ

Now all I need is the equipment JRD recommends, plus a nice comfy couch to take naps on  :-()

All I can do is dream though - that'll never happen  :'(

JRD

What... you can bake giner cookies and paninis but can't take a nap? No "Playstation mode" on the TV? What kind of .... oh, wait... ah, right...  that's why it's called w.o.r.k  >:(( :-\\

I wonder if the guys at Google can really appreciate what they have there
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on August 22, 2010, 06:09:24 PMthe funny part of the story - years ago we purchased our kids

JRD and fragger, are you sure you want to be part of a company whose employees purchase their kids, AND call it "funny"?

;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

^+-+

If you keep the sales receipt, you can take them back if you don't like them :-()

mandru

fragger's comment about keeping the receipt made me remember a prank I pulled on my second son on his 6th birthday.

We were having a largish party for him. Grilling dogs and burgers, I had made a 5 gallon batch of dry ice powered root beer, there was a cake with candles and his grandparents, aunts and uncles from both my wife's and my side were in attendance. 

During a slow spot in the festivities my son came over and sat with me at the picnic table and I asked him "So how do you like being six?"

"It's great!"

"Good I'm glad you're enjoying it.  I really wanted it to be fun for you because when we picked you up at the hospital when you were born they asked how many birthdays we wanted to buy for you and we were only able to afford 6.  So it's good to know that you like being six because you won't be getting any older from now on."

"What?"   ???

"Yeah, we are so poor that we could only afford to buy you 6 birthdays.  So go play and have a really good time because this will be the last party like this you'll get."

:'(  "Mommmm!" as he tore off to get the rest of the story.

Yeah, I know it was probably a bit mean and every adult there was a angry with me for freaking him out but in looking back it worked out OK.  The same son came back at 26 and confessed that his 6th birthday was the most memorable from his childhood and that year at age 6 remains crisp in his memory because he was never sure whether I was telling the truth and everyone else was just trying to comfort him for his sad fate or if I, a well known prankster, was just pulling his leg.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

Man, that was mean... pure evil!  ??? >:D :-() >:(( \:/ ;D 8)

fragger

Not much mollycoddling in the mandru household! Talk about tough love ^+-+

PZ

Quote from: JRD on August 23, 2010, 10:24:17 AM
...  that's why it's called w.o.r.k  >:(( :-\\
[admin]Watch that language! [/admin]
:-() :-() :-()

@Art - you're always a funny guy!
@mandru - man, you're almost as mean as I was!

JRD

Quote from: PZ on August 24, 2010, 08:48:19 AM
Watch that language!
(...)

Ouch... my bad.. it won't happen again!  :-D

Art Blade

LOL guys  ^+-+

yeah, PZ, I always had a weak spot for quoting out of context  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 24, 2010, 11:11:24 AM
LOL guys  ^+-+

yeah, PZ, I always had a weak spot for quoting out of context  ;D
As a victim, don't I know it!  ^+-+

PZ

Quote from: JRD on August 24, 2010, 10:17:03 AM
Quote from: PZ on August 24, 2010, 08:48:19 AM
Watch that language!
(...)

Ouch... my bad.. it won't happen again!  :-D
lol, sorry, I just couldn't resist - I've been hanging around Art too much  ^+-+

Art Blade

I wonder what else is rubbing off on you  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳