Far Cry + Far Cry 2 50% Off On Steam!

Started by wexer9, February 04, 2010, 01:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wexer9

Quote from: Art Blade on February 10, 2010, 03:10:22 PM
yes, shooting sessions were a favourite pastime for me. Those birds don't grow back, though (unless you redo the level). Most of the times, when I had spotted a flock of birds, I spent every single bit of ammo taking down all parrots and seagulls and whatnot, until the sky was empty. I loved that sport  ;D

LOL! :P

fragger

I liked how you could chuck rocks to distract the bad guys, then sneak past them or sneak up on them. I miss that a bit in FC2. As I recall, you had an unlimited supply of them (must have stretched the pockets a bit).

JRD

Countless times I thought I was throwing a rock and it turns out to be a grenade!!  :D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

You could shoot the fish in Far Cry too. I don't think it had turtles, that wasn't until Crysis came out, but you could shoot them, too.

Oh yeah, did you ever see that video of the guy using AI ingore mode and tossing rocks at the mercs from two feet away? Funny as hell.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Ahhhh, fish. Of course, fish! First I shot them, then I used to overdo it a little, chucking explosives into the water and blast all fish out  ;D ;D ;D

Ah, never saw that vid :(
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, I think they would even float to the surface? Pretty sure anyway. I also remember seeing a vid or screen caps that someone took after they used a cheat for infinite ammo and shot the shark off the line (this is the original demo, you start in the raft outside the fishing village where the shark is hung up) and shot it continuously to move it and got it all the way up to the door for the radio tower.
D_B

Art Blade

Hehe, I once got that shark off its hook, I think a hand grenade did the trick. I too had the unlimited ammo cheat (among others) and tried to place the shark some place cool and take screenies  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I never even knew you could get the shark off the hook :-\

Dweller_Benthos

I used to sit at the top of the island (where you fight the mercs who come in via the osprey helicopters, just before you go inside and destroy the generator) with the sniper rifle and shoot the chain it was hanging from and see how few shots it would take to drop the shark. Usually could make it in one or two shots, not bad for being, what, a mile away?
D_B

Art Blade

Nice, indeed  :)

That's something I don't know why I like to do it, but I keep doing it. Picking a particularly interesting target, something you can hardly see so far away it is, and take it down. So I appreciate games that keep the bullet holes alive for a long time (best if they only got removed if they get too numerous, oldest being removed only when applying a new hole, else leave them be). I used to try to shoot something I knew were it was (like right in front of me, then walk far, far away from it) and shoot. I would walk back and see if there was a bullet hole where I expected it to be, and the closer to the target it was, the happier I would be). I did something like that in OFP2, the target being away so far, I only knew I hit it was because it was someone from my team who would be marked "wounded" on my team's list  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳