Photo of the DLC (Fortune's Pack) weapons

Started by PZ, March 31, 2009, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Found this photo of the DLC weapons - the silent shotgun looks interesting - would be nice to have another powerful primary silent weapon.  The crossbow is also of interest - is it a special weapon?

[smg id=2]

spearhead_22

Cool weapons! 8)  Can't wait to try them out.
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

spaceboy

They weapons each fit into a weapon category so you can carry all three as primary, secondary, and special.

I have 3 videos I recorded of the weapons, ATV, and Unimog.  I will upload them here or on youtube today/tonight.  I thought it would be nice for users to get an idea of them before purchasing.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Excellent idea spaceboy, I haven't checked out your videos yet - will do so shortly - can't wait!

retiredgord

Is the Fortune Pack available for the PS3? It looks cool but how does a newbie get one?
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

I think it is called the DLC for the PS3 - spaceboy?

spaceboy

Yes, the DLC has been available for PS3 (and xbox I believe) since November.  Just login to the Playstation Store through the menu on your PS3 and go to Add-Ons and find the FC2 addon.  Pay your $10 and download.

Fiach

I was kinda disappointed after I saw them.

ATV, well I like climbing up onto the rear gun of the assault truck and laying down the smack at checkpoints.

Crossbow I thought was too powerful, but I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to bows, Tekbow in Turok was cool though.

Shotties, I dont use them but I would miss the BOOM! too much, to appreciate the DLC one methinks :)

Thanks for the videos and pics though, were a huge help in deciding :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Just so happens that I installed the Fortunes pack 10 minutes ago.  I really like the ATV because of the freedom of vision.  The crossbow is an interesting addition to the weapons list as is the silent shotgun, but I would have to say that the ATV alone is worth it for me.  Can't wait to find the Unimog.  I will still use my usual weapons set for now because that is what I'm accustomed to.   :-X

spaceboy

Ah, you must not have grown up with the "Rambo" movies.  I think it's in the second one (first Rambo actually since the actual first movie was just called First Blood).  But I think it's that one where he's got exploding arrow heads from a regular bow, not a crossbow.  That was the first time I ever saw anything like that and still remember how he used it to take out a guy in the middle of a river.

Anyways, I can understand if you wanted a true bow.  The thing is sweet for what it is a powerful and accurate long range explosion maker. 

Glad I could help in your decision either way.  That was the idea.  :-X

spaceboy

just saw your post PZ.  I'm glad you finally got the ATV!  If your in Leboa which I assume you are - there is a Unimog at the guard post SouthEast of Pala basically at the southeastern entrance to the Lumber Yard.  Go from Mike's toward the Lumbar Yard and just keep hanging right (they never even see you).  Drive through the passageway and you'll come upon the guard post at the mouth of the passage.  I'd take 'em out with a Dart though because you don't want any explosions to hurt your new ride...  Enjoy.

PZ

Thanks space!

Yes, you're correct - because I've the Fortunes pack for the PC (I still don't have Internet access via my PS3) I started a new parallel game - Ricamundo reminded me that I'm on my 10th play through on the PS3, and now on the first with the PC (still haven't got the hang of the keyboard yet, although the lighted keys are great)

JRD

Aim, man... aim with your mouse... and you'll see how it feels  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

Quote from: spaceboy on April 29, 2009, 05:27:09 PM
Ah, you must not have grown up with the "Rambo" movies.  I think it's in the second one (first Rambo actually since the actual first movie was just called First Blood).  But I think it's that one where he's got exploding arrow heads from a regular bow, not a crossbow.  That was the first time I ever saw anything like that and still remember how he used it to take out a guy in the middle of a river.

Yes, I loved that movie, could never understand why it got such bad reviews, I liked First Blood as well, III and the latest were snoozefests though.

I just cant see why they released the Xbow, there are other weapons that do the same thing, I think if you are going to release a "bow" it should be more tactile, than just a funny looking RPG with a flat trajectory.

But my main problem now, is I have to go up into the attic and try to find those darn Rambo movies >.<  :'(  8)

spaceboy

Understood.  Someone here had mentioned a game with a bow and arrow where you could go then and retrieve your arrow (I like that a lot).  A true bow and arrow as you talk about would be an elegent addition to a game like this.

Fiach

Quote from: spaceboy on April 30, 2009, 05:13:13 AM
Understood.  Someone here had mentioned a game with a bow and arrow where you could go then and retrieve your arrow (I like that a lot).  A true bow and arrow as you talk about would be an elegent addition to a game like this.

That could possibly be the latest Turok game, last one I played was on N64 and the bow was superb in it, the new iteration of the game got pretty bad reviews, so I havent got around to it yet.

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty sure you could retrieve your arrows in the first Call of Juarez, and I know you could in the No One Lives Forever games.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

you can retrieve them in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. And there are many different bows and arrows :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ceres Tauri

AH!  THAT main menu, duh...  Thanks for thi tip.  Will likely be downloading this as soon as stepson sees this pic.  He has a shotgun fetish and Im sure he'll want to go at it with these!

Tags:
🡱 🡳