Safehouses..

Started by Ricamundo, March 19, 2009, 02:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

Hey guys. Yestterday, I approached a safehouse up on a cliff overlooking a river, and next to a waterfall, that I couldn't unlock. I mean i killed one merc, and saw the other running away from the waterfall, and presumably back towards the house. I shot him from up above, and even tho both guys were dead, the house didn't unlock. :o

Now, one safehouse unavailable to me, isn't a big deal. There's lots of safehouses on each map, but will one "locked" safehouse affect any upgrades i try to get later on, like ammo, etc at all safehouses?

Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

spaceboy

That happened to me only once, and later on when I passed through the area I was able to unlock it no problem.  I say try it again later.  As for it affecting other safehouses or upgrades, i'd say no. 

It is possible to miss eliminating a merc if they are on patrol, or if they are wounded and down but not quite dead yet, in which case you didn't kill all and the safehouse won't unlock.  OR, it could just be a random glitch like I think mine was. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Ricamundo

Thx for the reply Space. I was wondering if the fact that the second merc was not near the safehouse when i killed him was the reason. But, no matter, i'll re visit that house later on, and see if i can do it then.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

It has happened to me too, usually from not finding the AI that is actually hiding in the bushes.  When your reputation increases, the AI is more likely to hide than before.  I recall one time at a safe house that the last guy was well hidden.  In any case, leave and let the guards respawn - that has fixed the problem as spaceboy has recommended.

Dweller_Benthos

Or use the grenade truck and carpet bomb the area, lol. Even then, after a long round of explosions, there are still some guys hanging around.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spearhead_22

@Ricamundo:

This scenario had happened to me more than 5 times, at different safehouses. The main reason is, in some safehouses, there are 3 mercs instead of 2 and the 3rd often goes around patrolling down the road or crouches and hides when he hears his partners hitting the dirt. The solution is to locate the third merc. Search the nearby areas and if you still can't seem to locate him, try reloading the previous game save and try again. I'd recommend you use stealth, so that one of the mercs doesn't get the time to hide or you can come to that safehouse later and hopefully the mercs would be there then.
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

Ricamundo

Thx for the repies. Actually, i know there was only 2 mercs, as I had unlocked it earlier, but not saved, then afterwards met my death, so when i went back to my last save, i had to unlock it again, where i had the problem mentioned above.

I always use stealth, as my ability with meelees is pretty bad. :D

Tags:
🡱 🡳