Infamous Tips

Started by wexer9, January 27, 2010, 12:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Well done  :-X Enjoy hardcore, then  ;D

I'm always impressed and astounded when people play on maximum difficulty levels. Not my cup of tea, too much stress involved -- how can anyone enjoy that? (I know, a possible reply might be "how can anyone enjoy minimum difficulty levels, no challenge there") Good we are allowed to choose :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - good job  :-X

I'm also glad that we have easy levels else I'd not be playing at all  ;D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

Quote from: PZ on July 28, 2010, 09:49:29 AM
Indeed - good job  :-X

I'm also glad that we have easy levels else I'd not be playing at all  ;D

QFT!

Probably has more to do with my age than anything... :(

Art Blade

I had to look up QFT, I've never noticed that abbreviation before:

QuoteQUOTED FOR TRUTH
Used on internet forums when quoting someone with similar views as yours.

Art Blade

Quote from: KingRat on July 29, 2010, 12:14:39 PMProbably has more to do with my age than anything... :(

Bah, don't pull that face. Now you've got a decent excuse for enjoying playing on Easy.  ;D Like, "if I were younger, I'd kick the living sh!$ out of any game on super-hardcore-infamous level!"  ;)

fragger

I've kicked off a new game on Infamous, about halfway through the Northern District missions. I'd forgotten how tough it could be, but I must say I'm doing better than I did last time I played on this level. Probably because I'm a lot more familiar with the lay of the land this time around. Had to be rescued twice and died a couple of times, though. It does make for a longer game as I spend a lot - a lot - more time on foot. It's not very conducive to longevity to go charging around in a devil-may-care fashion all over the landscape in vehicles on Infamous ::)

Thank heavens for sniper rifles - I've lug a Dragunov around with me pretty much all the time, and was packing the M1903 bolt-action jobbie before that, until I could buy the Drag. Boy, do I need these weapons...

Quote from: Art Blade on July 29, 2010, 12:23:31 PM
Like, "if I were younger, I'd kick the living sh!$ out of any game on super-hardcore-infamous level!"  ;)

Hahaha ;D ;D

Infamous is a tough slog for we old buggers

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on January 28, 2010, 12:44:34 PMReal Ninjas were not the guys dressed all black wearing masks as you see them on TV or in movies all the time. They were experts in espionage, mostly, trying to blend in with people they were surrounded by. They'd dress as farmers when travelling over land or as salesmen when in a city and so on. If they had worn all black, they'd have been as insuspicious as a pistol shot in a church. If they were to assassinate someone, they'd probably poison someone rather than slash him. :)

Just had to dig up that post because I'm recently a little bit into studying Japanese and look what we got:

"忍者" = "ninja" / shinobi

derived from "Doing something secretly. Or: Travelling incognito."

Quoteone who uses various stealth techniques  to secretly enter enemy territory to carry out espionage, plots, or assassinations

that is the translation of "ninja" - so I wasn't so far off at all when I described that before ;D

By the way, Japanese characters can be seen by default if you use Windows7. If you don't see the characters, well, doesn't matter much -- it's mainly about the translation, anyway.

fragger

Thanks for the info, Art, most interesting :-X

So the reality was nothing like the media portrayals. Gee, why am I not surprised? Even as a tyke, I never really did believe that ninjas could jump 30 feet backwards up onto a tree branch like they used to do in Shintaro :-D

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

fragger

I think it's a joke... isn't it? JRD?

Maybe they're hiding under the sofas...

mandru

Or maybe the ninjas were the ones who took the picture and are all fighting to see who gets to look through the viewfinder.  They all just happened to be out of the frame when the shutter snapped.

It seems to me that ninjas would like cameras and photography as much as the rest of their countrymen.  ^-^
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru on November 07, 2010, 05:37:21 PM
are all fighting to see who gets to look through the viewfinder

^+-+ :-X

JRD

The fact that you guys can`t see them proves how skilled are those four ninjas in the art of disguise!  ;)

If you were the target you`d be so dead by now!

Art Blade

I think it was a typo. It wasn't meant to be "ninjas" but "tables."

JRD

I laughed first time I saw that  :-(  ::)

Art Blade

what.. my comment? Good :) Or do you mean your picture? In that case.. well.. I was expecting a surprise, like a second picture with an outline of those ninjas I failed to see, or you saying "it was a joke" -- which I think you just did.

Thank god it's over.  ^+-+

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on November 08, 2010, 08:00:03 AM
Thank god it's over.  ^+-+

You are right.. thankfully its over...  ::)

And yes, it was a joke... one that obviously didn't w@&k at all  :-[ ::) :-D

Art Blade

I'm SO glad you're a moderator and not a comedian, JRD.

;D

JRD

Oh come on... I have my moments!  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

I know.. keep 'em coming :)  :-X

PZ

Although I don't reply as much as I would like, I very much enjoy the delightful personalities that frequent the forum.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳