The restricted areas in Pala...

Started by Dweller_Benthos, February 23, 2010, 10:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

When you get to the end of the first half of the game, you have the choice to go to Pala and help the people at the church, or go to the bar and help your friends. Old news, I know, but stay with me on this. If you go to Pala but don't go inside the church, the town is pretty much deserted, or at least it was this last time I tried it. I wandered around the whole town, no one there at all.

Which got me to thinking, you know those two diamond cases in the restricted zones in Pala, which are always a pain to get without getting something shot off? Well, if you wait until this part of the game, you can just wander in and grab them, no hassle at all.

Anyone else recall anything different at that part of the game? I've only tried it this one time, so I might have hit a fluke or something.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

No, you're perfectly right :) (Or I'm just as wrong  ;D )
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Same here, although I never thought of getting the diamonds during this time (duh...)  Sometimes the simplest solution has to slap you on the side of the head before you see it  ;D

fragger

Indeed, PZ, I never thought of that either (slaps side of own head)

@D_B: Can't think of anything else noteworthily different at that stage of the game. Btw, I'm glad I'm not the only one still in Africa. Everyone else seems to have split for Pripyat ;D

Just joking (have fun, "Call Answerers"). I'd go too, but I'm saving my florins for AC2... if it ever bloody gets here...

mandru

Cool observation D_B!  :-X

I guess I've been aware of the free grab window D_B has pointed out but I'm always too greedy to get enough diamonds off the front of the game to get properly outfitted to start doing missions to wait that long.

Those two diamond cases in the restricted zones in Pala are almost always case #3 and #4 on my acquisition schedule.  I usually just rush in and grab them while keeping a handy get away AT parked with it's nose aimed at the nearest out of town exit for my escape.  Though it does help to drop a grenade under the AT in the garage as I run out the back so that it can't give chase.

Still it's a great tip for someone playing on higher levels or willing to wait for those diamonds.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Usually I grab those two diamonds first thing in the morning, and on top, just to piss the mercs off even more, I steal their AT and drive away with everything of value they had. Pity I can't turn my head and shout "pleasure doin' business wif ya" while dashing away in a brand-new car.  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, the urge to get those diamonds quick is a hard one to pass up, but if you're having a hard time for one reason or another, might pay to wait. It seems the one in the garage is tougher than the one in the shed on the other side of town. My first play through, I just walked in and took that one before I realized there was a restricted zone.

Just at the middle of a play through where I kill as many of the buddies as possible. Right now I'm heading for the showdown before going south, and it's just lonesome ol' Paul there at Mike's, all the rest are dead  ;)
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳