Medication in North after getting to South

Started by retiredgord, March 28, 2009, 07:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Here's one for the folks that have been thru twice.  Is medication available in the North after you've gone South? I've gone back up to finish collecting the diamonds and notice cell tower missions available but I'm not sure if medication will be available? I hope to get it in  the South and then make a quick trip back to get those missions done.  I realy enjoy driving in the North and re-visiting OLD friends  hehehe.  Always take lotsa lead gifts for them.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

I don't think that the malaria medication is an issue when going north - you'll probably receive a prompt to get more, and then you'll need to go south to do the mission.  I've played quite a bit in Leboa and Bowa, driving freely between the two and have never experienced malaria medication limitations.

Interesting thing you mention about the assassination missions (cell tower) when returning to the north - mine have disappeared once I go south (or maybe I've completed the ones available in the north)

As an aside, mentioned somewhere else, but you can do the malaria missions concurrently with other missions.

Ricamundo

Yeah, i will drop anything im doing if i get the malaria mission prompt. That always takes precidence.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

spearhead_22

retiredgord, I too had the same thoughts and hesitated to visit the North Map after going to the South since I had completed all the Malaria missions in the North before coming down to the South. But there's no need to worry. Even if you are low on malaria controlling pills in the South, and you visit the North, you'll never run out of pills no matter how long you stay in the North. So, go right ahead. But once you are back to the South, and if you are low on pills, you'll get an underground mission to re-supply your pills.
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

retiredgord

pzrzaoThanks for the info as I had not completed the assassination misssions in the North.  Whether I was out of sync with the story or not, I was rudely interupted when I went to defend my buddies at Mike's..what a slaughter..for them. I was awakened when I was bounced off the truck heading South. My trip back North was worthwhile as I finished those hard diamonds and I will go back for those missions.

PZ

Let us know how it goes - always thought that the Leboa missions are lost when you go south - this could change everything

Dweller_Benthos

I'm pretty sure I had at least one predecessor mission to do when I loaded the 50% game that was available on FC2 world. I suppose one way to test it is to do all the main missions in the north, head south, then back north again and see what's there. No buddy missions, of course.

More north-south wondering, if you have a rescue buddy in the south, then head north, can he rescue you there? The resuce buddy you had in the north would be MIA.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Interesting thought - I just started in the south, and just obtained Nasreen as rescue ready - will travel up north and see what happens.  In fact, it would be interesting to see what your stats journal page indicates (usually indicates your rescue ready buddy).

retiredgord

D_B, the answer to rescue is yes..at least with PS3. When going back up to get the hard diamonds I did quite a few face plants with the glider and Andre showed up.  I just hit start and started that segment again.  I did notice that he did show up in several scenarios when my health had gotten low, but being anal about not using him I just did the Start/Laod sequence until I got it right.

spaceboy

You do get rep increases if you let them help you, but I still don't really know what you get out of it.  I've done the reload pretty often too though because sometimes you have to babysit them after they save you - if you leave with any mercs out there (even if you can't see them) your bud can get shot down.

I remember the first time I was saved and Josip and I cleared the immediate area I hopped in the truck and expected him to do the same...no dice.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Dweller_Benthos

I guess your buddy travels with you then. Funny how they can seem to get anywhere in the map with no effort / time at all. You leave them at the bar or a safe house, travel halway across the map and they are there ahead of you.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Reminds me of an old Twilight Zone - The Hitchhiker, where this old guy was always seen ahead thumbing a ride no matter how fast the girl drove her car.

Ceres Tauri

Quote from: PZ on March 29, 2009, 07:57:52 PM
Reminds me of an old Twilight Zone - The Hitchhiker, where this old guy was always seen ahead thumbing a ride no matter how fast the girl drove her car.

Theres an ingame video for Youtube.  zombieAI and run up on the roadside mercs... and Oops, got another one with the door... hehe... meanwhile the TwilightZone theme music plays...

Tags:
🡱 🡳