Practice killing...

Started by PZ, January 08, 2010, 10:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

The few times that Desmond actually comes out of the animus shows you a bit if the world - the vehicles are contemporary, not futuristic, so it is probably just a stretch of the developer's imagination and the time is now.

mmosu

I was just thinking about some of the emails you find on the computers in the lab and the conference room in the first game - I couldn't remember if there was a date on them.  There aren't a lot of clues in the first game.  You can look out the windows, but you can't see much other than a washed out view of the adjacent buildings.  Everything in the lab looks very sterile and modern, but then again, it's a lab.  And if something like the Animus did exist in current time, it would certainly be classified triple top-secret, so that's one way to explain it if it is current time.  Something always gave me the impression things were taking place in the near future though - like 10-20 years from now.

Art Blade

Alright, I can see your points, PZ and mmosu. Hard to tell, really. Looks like the game started medival, went barock, and may go on along the time line. That would lead to more recent eras and could mouth into the present time. Regarding the Animus, it reads "memories" which does imply "past times." Once we reach the present day, there is still the option of magic, as seen in the first part of AC, the end game, that Eden thingy... might allow for a time travel... Hell, fantasy is fantasy, could be anything, really :)

Oh and yay, this is my 6,000th post on OWG :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Congratz on 6k!

I like being in 15th century Italy, and it is an interesting diversion to come back to modern times (2-3 times at most) during the game.  Ezio develops skills that evidently Desmond retains when he comes out of the animus, as evidenced by a couple of tasks he needs to complete.

Art Blade

It is hard to not say... I must not... no... well.. no! NO! .... argh, alright, here we go...

I can't wait to get this game!

done.

Sorry  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Hang in there Art, just a couple of weeks or so to go... ;D

Quote from: Art Blade on January 26, 2010, 04:37:02 PM
Oh and yay, this is my 6,000th post on OWG :)

Well done, mate, I congratulate you on your verbosity! :-X :-X :-X

mmosu

Congrats on 6K Art!
It's hard w@&k keeping us all in line isn't it?  ;)

Art Blade

cheers, guys, and no, it's a pleasure  ;D

Art Blade

haha, just stopped by after finishing my first playthrough and I notice I'm only short of 30 posts to get to 7k now LOL

Regarding "practice killing" -- I finished the main story with 1111 kills, 462 of them with my hidden blades. I have become so proficient using them that I don't need any other weapons any more, apart from occasional throwing knifes and the hidden pistol.

mmosu

Maybe you need to change your screen name to Art "The Hidden" Blade?!

Art Blade

My middle name is hidden  ;)

fragger

No wonder we've never been able to find it

Art Blade

I could have said: My middle name is "Hidden" but that would have spoiled the pun  ;)

fragger

D'oh! I just realized... Sorry mate, just forget I said anything ::) Talk about killing a gag!

Duh, I ain't slow...

Art Blade

that was kind of a quid pro quo for your "insense"  ;)

fragger

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳