Safehouse icons

Started by Ricamundo, March 28, 2009, 04:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iGame3D

A little note on safehouses but off topic for the flashing icon.

When you start a game, note which safehouses are unlocked before you've actually unlocked them yourself. I've noticed these are the safehouses that contain the rusty but powerful weapons.

I marked my printed map where the MGL was so I could use it on the barge mission.
Used to get those weapons first chance I had, but now I leave them be, would rather use 60 rounds with the golden AK to put a GP down than have a gun that jams or explodes in my hands.

Sometimes when I'm having my rear end handed to me on a lead platter I second guess this decision, but then come out of it all in one piece which is reassuring.

PZ

Excellent tip - I had not noticed that the safe houses that you need not unlock yourself were the ones that contained the rusty weapons - good find (where were you 3 months ago  ;D)

Art Blade

HA! I noticed there were safehouses that didn't need to be unlocked, yet I never noticed the relation to those weapons. Nice one, iGame3D  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

iGame3D

Just got the game earlier last month. When it came out I still had a bland taste of Far Cry in my mouth and thought "oh no more of that predator stuff", then ran out of games to rent so gave it a spin and have been addicted since.

Another thing about safehouses with guys wandering up, if you are in proximity of a diamond cache, collected or not, then there are usually re-spawning guys looking for those diamonds.
If you've just unlocked the safehouse with gunfire, or had to blast something just before the safehouse, they will be attracted to that. It may take them awhile to get there and they may hang around for awhile.

First time I noticed this I accidentally took a twelve hour nap after unlocking the house with a flamethrower watched everything burn out and a guy wander up to the place, then wander off again after hanging out for a few the evening hours.

Then I started to notice the diamond hunters reappearing.
As useful as diamond locations are for markers, especially when avoiding GP's, there is often a surprise gang of baddies just when I figure all is safe.

Had a fight today, just as I was sneaking up to a diamond. Diamond guys started shooting, guard post guys came running and driving in, patrol guys happened along from the other side, I was surrounded in seconds, especially with all the vehicle dodging I was doing. Managed to duck behind the little round building and cauterize my wound at like 1% health, messy.

Then it happened again, I buzzed through a guard post,  screaming toward a safe house, guard post guys are following. Just as I'm reaching the safe house the little green light flashes, and bang bang bang, diamond dudes were hanging out there! Good thing it was in a grassy field, one shot of the vehicle mounted grenade launcher, took out two vehicles,  lit the whole place on fire, which roasted the diamond guys.

This game is just too much fun.

Art Blade

Interesting, and surprising. I know those mercs that come from nowhere, that can't belong to a guard post, and that aren't regular patrols. Usually walking up on you when you least expect them. Again, it never occurred to me that they were bound to diamonds LOL nice one matey  :-X

By the way, since you are new and seem to enjoy the good stuff, may I recommend you try our "merc wars" - just click here ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

the ones containing the weapons are ones you are called to when you take a mission for UFLL or APR, you then get a call from your buddy asking to meet at a safe house. tho when taken they do not re-appear next time you visit it.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

It did escape my attention that there is a pattern to being called to those safehouses that contain weapons, and I didn't pay attention either to whether or not those weapons stay in there. Nice observation, RedRaven  :-X

PZ

Good one indeed - I've never taken a safe house weapon except the AS50, and have not returned to see if it spawned again.

iGame3D

Nope its a one shot deal.
A "here's a taste" situation and I think "this might be useful for this particular mission", type of thing. Too bad they are all so rusty.

RedRaven

a way round the poor condition of such weapons is to use the Trainer/cheat thing. pretty sure one of the options is 'non-degrading weapons' but only ever usedit once myself to have fun with the auto-shotgun to be found in north-west safe house..... normally only carries 12 rounds and cant be unlocked till you hit the southern map. but with the trainer's unlimeted ammo and no degrading its better than a machine gun up close..hahahahahaha :-X ..... love it
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

That's a good idea - never thought of using the trainer early in the game on those old rusty weapons.  :-X

Ceres Tauri

The diamond hunter tip is related to the marina merc intruder.

From the Marina, going East on the road you pass the bridge, a wrecked car, the bus stop, then the fence with truck where the safehouse trail is. 

The wrecked car site has a trail leading uphill to almost behind the bus stop.  There's a hut there with a diamond case.  That's why some guy wanders in behind you if you fight a datsun driver at the bus stop- its the diamond hunter from above the bus stop. (you guys who save your car prob never have that issue)

If you fight a DD on the Marina road the same diamond seeker will walk down the marina road and try to shoot or 'nade you from the cliff, or eventually wander all the way down to the Marina for convenient machete lubrication.

Art Blade

hehe, I've met that guy a couple of times and always wondered where the heck he came from  :) :-X

PZ

I've not collected that diamond yet, although I've met the merc you write of.  Good tip  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳