Remember the first time, when...

Started by Art Blade, December 13, 2009, 12:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Yeah, water bottles slipped right past me too.  It was probably on my 4th or 5th play through that I realized that sometimes that the "Use" icon appeared when I hovered my point of view over a water bottle and sometimes the hand wouldn't appear.

It was still some time after that before I realized "Hey! It actually does something when I use one of these water bottles."

I may not be very quick sometimes but I make up for it in persistance. ;D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I think my story is rather similar :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I also couldn't figure out how to get the mortar to w@&k properly. After realising that I couldn't smoke-mark the bad guys to death, I had to get online to find out how to get the flipping thing to make a bang instead of a whimper. A mention in the game manual would have helped. :)

Art Blade

same here, but found out accidently on my own. I remember I too was annoying the yellow smoking hell out of the mercs and wondering where the flipping heck I could get the proper ammo for the mortar, was the weapon broken? Then I set off a proper grenade but sent it god knows where but close to the mercs it was inteded for. By the time I would have found out how the bloody thing worked, the mercs were all over me and not exactly happy to see me with that mortar in my hands and an expression on my face like the cat who ate the canary bird.  ;D

Much later in the game I tried again, with a freshly acquired mortar from my friend with that Hawaiian shirt (arms dealer). Took ages until I got it all sorted out, but I never deemed the mortar a useful weapon because of various reasons, I prefer a dart rifle in its place.

Quote from: fragger on January 10, 2010, 09:26:32 PM
smoke-mark the bad guys to death

LOL  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on December 26, 2009, 11:04:56 AM
When I got all 1,000 rocks, my notepad read 1,000!
That's the feeling af accomplishment!!

Better try again, son  ::)

Alright, I finally did it. Not a single diamond cheated. I managed to collect all diamonds (including a rock hopping near rail xing for a change, I used to take the hang glider to get there).

Now I've got my "1,000" rocks, son! :)

By the way, I still have 638 rocks in my pockets ;D (I didn't need a lot of the stuff you can buy)

I bought (inevitably) a makarov (tutorial), silent makarov (6P9), Dart, MP-5, M-79, and a Dragunov, and for all those weapons all of the respective upgrades. Then for more weapon power I got the Marksman Bandolier, Pistol Belt, Grenadier Webbing, as well as the Pyrotechnic Satchel (for molotovs). To store a different loadout, all weapon crates. To survive, Basic and Advanced First Aid Kit, as well as the Camo Suit. For vehicles, the fast repair and 50% less degradation manuals for dune buggy, swamp boat, and assault trucks.

That's it :)

JRD

Congrats Art... a great accomplishment for sure  :-X

To buy all items on the armory is also nice... especially when you walk in your storage and see the walls full of weapons... sweet!!  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

thanks, JRD :)

I saved those 638 rocks... and you can download them (check this post) ;D

fragger

I enjoy seeing nothing but ticks on the Weapon Shop's computer screen, just because I'm a greedy so-and-so and I like to get everything :-*

One thing I love about this game is that it's not over until you decide it's gonna be over. Even though the missions are pretty much done by the time you get all the goodies, you can still just rock around the map and cause strife trying them out before you commit yourself to the prison (that didn't come out right...)

And cheers for the download, Art :-X

Art Blade

Art Blade

As far as I remember, I never played the barge mission as originally intended (not the transit from Leboa to Bowa, but the one at the rail Xing). Even at the beginning, the first playthrough, when I did it the quick way without any buddy missions, I believe that I did play the corresponding buddy mission. Well, at least ever since I did.

So today, I decided to ignore that pesky phone, and finally go down to the river and finish that guy off on his own barge. Of course I missed out the final upgrade for the safehouses (GLAT) and the always nice-to-watch explosion of the rail bridge, but it felt so good to shoot that ba$t@rd in the face. I even used a Star .45 pistol from the start (I think I was given it at some point, probably by the guy responsible for "saving" my sorry butt in Pala). I never bought it, only stashed it away in one of those crates, and always took care that I kept it. How humiliating for that guy, to be shot in the face by a "noob" pistol, rather than a Desert Eagle or somthing more decent than that Star toy pistol.

I'm in a rather good mood now  ;D

PZ

The last couple of times I did this mission, I accomplished it like you just described in two different ways.  The first time I took the GL swamp boat from the safe house to the north, down the river to a GP on the right side.  There I took a buggy up the trail toward the bridge, but just short of it, I took the left fork of the trail back down to where the barge is located and fought my way to kill Yabek (he has quite the foul mouth by the way).

The second time I started out the same, but went all the way up to the GP on the west side of the rail bridge, crossed it (the bridge), and made my way down the east side of the canyon toward the barge.  While still high up, you can kill the sniper and another merc down lower.  This one was fun because it was so easy to remain high on the bluff and pick off the mercs on and near the barge with the dart.  Then it is an easy matter to go aboard and find that cad, Yabek and give him his just desserts.

Tags:
🡱 🡳