AC2 funny moments

Started by PZ, December 06, 2009, 04:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

It was me that was also a bit stunned as I heard the "cha-ching" of 507 florins flowing my way - the move with the blades was almost reflexive!  ;D

AC2 has some wonderful moments  :-X

spaceboy

I always kill that thief if I he comes at me too close.  He obviously does not follow the same "code" as the other thieves do between them and assassins.  jerk.  One of my favorite double blade moves is the quick multiple strikes to the gut - alternating blades into a guys stomach. left-right-left-right-left-right.....drop.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

I've seen that move in a vid, awesome :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I love that move as well - my favorite animation.  I'm using the high profile assassinations lately because they raise my notoriety.  ;D

On my second play through, I just collected the last of the 6 tomb seals, and have just donned Altair's armor.  Now, I'm set to go back into the AC2 world and do all the side missions - have not done any of them yet because I played only enough to get the armor.  Interestingly, with it comes Altair's sword which packs quite a punch.  This play will be lots of fun because I have so little of the maps revealed.

Does anyone know how to get the Auditore cape?

PZ

Hilariously funny game play for me:

Ezio has recently acquired Altair's armor and has traveled to Florence for a bit of fun.  Because he couldn't don the Medicci cape to remain incognito, he decided to pickpocket everyone he encountered - was difficult to choke down the laughter as he pickpocketed his way through crowds of people with each one stumbling away exclaiming something about losing their purse, etc.  The "caaa-ching" of cash being transferred from their purse to his was priceless (no pun) - he accumulated several thousand florens last night.  Some individuals (women included) even had the audacity to start a fistfight with Ezio, who naturally beat everyone who did so senseless.  Interestingly, the message warning that Ezio did not kill citizens did not display, yet he was able to loot and carry the bodies away. (The citizens wee really outraged at this behavior.)

The reactions of the towns folks while this was occurring was fascinating, and when Ezio needed to fight guards with bladed weapons, some of the citizens even joined the fight, some of them dying due to collateral damage.

spaceboy

not sure about the Auditore cape (2 posts up)

That sounds fun PZ, I haven't gone outside of what I feel Ezio would do as his character, so while I still steal a few florins here and there it's mainly to get the Kleptomaniac trophy.   Once I finish the story and go into free roam to find the remaining feathers etc. I'll try some of this.  As with visiting our friends in Pala, it's always fun to "push" the AI and see what they do.

Well one thing I do for fun (not sure if it fits Ezio's character)  during Carnival if I see a performer walking on his hands, I knock him over.  Can't pass that up.  ;D

PZ

Until this recent incident, I was playing like you are - but I couldn't help myself as I power walked into a group and heard all the money flowing into my pouch.  I kept it up and it was so much fun that I just started laughing, and each time I bumped into someone and stole their money (you know how they stumble when nudged) the laughter continued.  Then the rest of the crowd backed away as I moved toward them while someone with courage came up behind me and took a swing.  Turning to punch their lights out made me laugh even more.

EDIT: I just discovered that if you collect all 100 feathers you get the Auditore cape.  This is how it reportedly functions: you don the cape and then go about your bad activities - your notoriety will increase (if you do bad things), but if you remove the cape, your notoriety will return to the level it was before you donned the cape.

Art Blade

Ha, that Auditore cape works just the same way as in Oblivion the grey mask you got from a notorious and most wanted person. Everybody thought it was him when you wore it, and all the crimes you comitted were chalked down on him. Remove it, and return to your own self and previous notoriety (if any).
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I wonder if the Auditore cape "resets" it's notoriety to incognito once you take it off, or if it keeps you notorious the next time you wear it.  I don't know if I'll personally be able to find out because finding 100 feathers in the AC2 world is a daunting task - way worse than collecting all the diamonds in FC2 in my opinion.

Art Blade

if it behaves like that mask in Oblivion, it will w@&k like an alter ego: build up or reduce its notoriety, independently from your own. The mask would "remember" what you did with it ;)

spaceboy

Quote from: PZ on December 17, 2009, 02:25:52 PM
I wonder if the Auditore cape "resets" it's notoriety to incognito once you take it off, or if it keeps you notorious the next time you wear it.  I don't know if I'll personally be able to find out because finding 100 feathers in the AC2 world is a daunting task - way worse than collecting all the diamonds in FC2 in my opinion.

Maybe D_B will take a liking to AC2!

PZ

Wouldn't that be great - while there are map graphics on the 'net for AC2, none of them are really all that good.

Art Blade

there can only be one (mapper)  ;D :-X

PZ

Still having fun stealing from towns folks

While in Florence, I'm wearing the Medicci cape which gives me permanent incognito status - lots of fun to bump into as many people as I can and steal their florens.  The cape makes it so that my notoriety does not increase with each theft (as it would without the cape).  The comments are as funny as the ones that the FC2 mercs make!

Quite frequently, one of the crowd will come up behind me to enter into a fist fight - Ezio is really good in hand-to-hand so the wimpy town guy doesn't stand a chance.  One good thing is that many of the towns folk are carrying either a medicine or poison vial that you can loot.  This game gives me even more laughs than FC2 does  ;)

spaceboy

I've been finding myself use my fists more than normal so I can disarm a guard.  Also I like taking brooms from shop owners and using those as a weapon, there's something very Italian about beating someone with a broom - like stories of my grandmother chasing my father with her wooden spoon!

Art Blade

PZ

That's hilarious space!   :-X

spaceboy

I saw another great animation of fist fighting.  Ezio slammed his hands against the guards ears, grabbed his head and pulled it downwards while slamming his knee upwards (ouch!).

Also when a guard is down, take the time to hit Triangle - it makes Ezio taunt the guard.  Very funny!

PZ

lol, that does sound like a good funny - will try it next time in the game!  :-X

Art Blade

just a little FYI: I've cleaned up your topic and created "AC2 violence" for the stuff with which I hijacked this topic ;)

PZ

This is a kind of funny method:

As I'm slowly working my way through the initial parts of the game (Leonardo just fixed my first blade), I have accumulated approximately 14,000 florins.  I'm completely notorious and need to get to the other side of town.  On prior plays through, I simply went the roof tops and assassinated archers along the way.  This time, something different - hired a group of thugs for 150 florins and then immediately started pick pocketing towns folks to pay for the hire  ;D

It was funny watching people stumble in the crowd and see the florin count accumulate - in no time I had paid the bill so to speak, and received quite a chuckle to boot.

Now, I can walk through the towns pick pocketing to my heart's content, paying for help along the way.   ;D

Art Blade

that's clever and fun  ;D :-X

PZ

Someone in the development group must have a sense of humor - the individuals I now know as scholars wander around in groups - when pic-pocketed, they yield very few florins, but they are the first to respond with violence!  ;D (whoever said that the educated are against violence have clearly not visited 15th century Italy)

There is a hierarchy of response by the different groups.

• Scholars have few florins, but want to punch your lights out
  • Tradesmen also yield little, and don't mind fighting, but are a bit more reluctant
  • The colorful dandys have up to 5 times as many florins as the scholars, but are more reluctant to enter a fight.
  • Women also fall into social order categories, but all are very reluctant to fight - women are the easiest to steal from without repercussion.

fragger

Quote from: PZ on January 02, 2010, 12:19:57 PM
(whoever said that the educated are against violence have clearly not visited 15th century Italy)
Scholars have few florins, but want to punch your lights out

I dunno, PZ, they sound like modern-day uni students to me ;D

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳