Metro 2033

Started by RedRaven, November 28, 2009, 08:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

:-D :-X

I think that was when he nearly choked on his dentures and then shot the neighbour's dog to vent off some of his frustration
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

ninzza

This game looks amazing and interesting but after playing FC2, I can't stand linear games.

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on February 03, 2011, 01:37:53 PM
:-D :-X

I think that was when he nearly choked on his dentures and then shot the neighbour's dog to vent off some of his frustration

erm.... I dont think it worked  :-D 8-X
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Has anyone here finished this game?

I had some time after Rift beta ended, so I decided to finish this PoS game, I have to say that, although its not the worst game I ever played, its definately the worst game I ever finished.

There are so many flawed mechanics, its hard to believe that any thought went into the games design at all, even buying/selling at a trader is a pain in the a$$.

There were times during the game I had absolutely no idea why I died, some I put down to bugs, as for no apparent reason I survived after reloading, others I put down to scripting, other just baffled me.

The storyline is completely bonkers, I have no idea what I was doing or why I was doing it, apparently in the end, I nuked moscow to save my family.  :o  8-X

The ending was unbelievably frustrating, it was a succession of mazes, that had no rhyme or reason or plot relativity, it was like a succession of dream mazes that unfolded in front of me that involved some minor platforming, getting past some segments were pure trial and error, culminating in a scene, where a guy handed me a gun, and told me to "kill it", I turned around and theres some freaky alien type creature walking towards me, I kill it, wake up and nuke moscow.  >:D :-[

During the course of the game on a couple of occasions, you see a couple of these creatures, but no reason is given for their presence that I could detect.

Definately the winner in the WTF Ending Catagory!

The game is a solid shooter, It gives the idea ammo and gas masks are scarce, but they never became an issue for me, although I took care to preserve ammo, I had about 600 rounds of Assualt Ammo and about 400 rounds each for the other guns. Its quite playable as a normal FPS, with some quite tense areas, with a storyline crazier than my wifes mother on a full moon after two bowls of Hagan Daaz ice cream.  ^+-+

Its nearly worth playing again to see if I missed anything, as I did take a break from it for a couple of weeks, but I think I'll leave it for awhile.

Fiach : Playing crap games, so you dont have to.

Art Blade

lol Fiach  ^+-+ :-X

If you can go back (savegame?) don't kill the Alien. That will lead to a better end.

fragger

Cheers for the rundown and for your time, Fiach :-X The game sounds like a bit of a stinker, so I think I'll give it a miss.

But many thanks for playing that crap game so I didn't have to :-()

Fiach

It was pretty short, so, no harm, no foul :)

PZ

Quote from: Fiach on February 10, 2011, 02:56:08 PM
Fiach : Playing crap games, so you dont have to.

^+-+ :-X

Ricamundo

Gaah! I cant belive how bad my memory is. I asked on the STALKER CS thread if anyone had tried this game, and here it is and i even replied here a few pages back. Wow, just wow. :-[

Anywho, thx for the honest info about this must miss. Extreme linearity plus no quicksave??? I mean checkpoint saves, and you have to explore in order to find stuff to sell ?? Totally unacceptable. :D I think ill see how i like STALKER CS and if its fun i'll consider SoC.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

^+-+ no worries Ric, most of us (except Art) are the victim of the "age-related memory" bug.

Maybe someone needs to write a service pack for us oldsters  ????

Art Blade

I have a regular functional brain.. and keep using it :) Maybe I remember stuff because I hardly ever write anything down and because I don't use electronic aids such as a scheduler, planner, calendar.. well, sometimes a calendar. That's all, the rest I memorise :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 05, 2011, 05:54:23 PM
I have a regular functional brain.. and keep using it :) ...
That's it!  I'm not using my brain nearly enough to have a good memory...  ????

Art Blade

Reminds me of a dialogue in a movie:

Master: "Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence."
Benson: "Thank you, Master!"

^+-+

PZ

Fiach

My sister calls it.... "having a senior moment" :)

Whats that movie called Art? Sounds cool :)

Ricamundo

I you overuse your brain, your head will start hurting. :-D After all, your brain is like any other muscle,  innit? ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

The film is called "Time Bandits"  :)

The only reason my head starts to hurt is when some people who interact with me are underusing their brains. >:D

Fiach

RedRaven

What a quality film, as wacky as you'd expect from the Monty Python guys.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

True ;D

Did you notice near the end, after the kid and the dwarves have fought the devil in his lair, that when the kid wakes up and jumps out of bed because the house is on fire the exact same structure is briefly visible next to his scuttling feet on the bedroom floor, made out of toys? And if you look carefully before that, during the scenes in the devil's lair, there are giant Lego blocks in the background and one wall is in fact a huge half-folded checkerboard standing on its edges? It's a really cool and subtle touch :-X

RedRaven

Its been a few years since last saw it and my memory is worse than a commodore 16.

Will borrow a friends dvd and watch it again with kid this weekend.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

fragger, yes :) I have always liked that film  :) :-X

RedRaven

Possible Metro 2033 follow up game, the article can be found here.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/18/thq-registers-metro-2033-last-light/

not sure why but could not get it to have just a clickable 'HERE' for the link hence long, clumsy one.

Art Blade

Quote from: RedRaven on April 21, 2011, 12:08:39 AM
not sure why but could not get it to have just a clickable 'HERE' for the link hence long, clumsy one.

HERE  :-()

Quote me to see how it's done.

Tags:
🡱 🡳