Hakim Echebbi's Final Debriefing

Started by eor123, December 30, 2009, 07:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

Hakim Echebbi was last seen carrying a car battery up a steep mountainside near the border. Shortly afterward, a loud explosion was heard in the general vicinity.

Echebbi has not been seen nor heard from since and is feared dead.

Before his disappearance, Echebbi filed the following report:

Difficulty: Infamous
Time required to complete missions: 44 hours
32/32 main missions completed
12/12 Buddy missions completed
42/40 Side missions completed
4 Underground missions completed
1000 diamonds acquired
All Jackal and predecessor tapes acquired

Echebbi's last verbal communication was somewhat garbled and made reference to being in an area with virtually no communications. It sounded like he was reporting the location of one dead Chinese mercenary and half a dozen mercenaries of different nationalities -- all of  whom were heavily armed and very agitated.

End Of Message

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Hakim does the lot! Well done :-X

42/40 Side missions?!

Art Blade

42/40 yes, see funny tactics and tips index, read this to understand how to manipulate the buddies, make them swap roles (BB/RB) to set the RB's missions free.

How we came up with it? See this post (and follow-ups) where you can find out more :)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

eor123

I was a little surprised to see the 42/40 side missions as well.

My strategy was to do the side missions first -- mixing the gun shop, assassination, and what I call the buddy missions. [ FC2 calls the subverted missions "Buddy Missions" for some reason]. While I'm running around completing these missions I gather most of the diamonds.

I realized that doing this also makes the game a little harder because if you postpone the main missions, your safe houses don't get upgraded until late in the Act. Ammo and grenades ran a little short at times in Infamous.   

I rescue all the buddies very early the game. As a result, Mike's Bar stays a bit crowded. 

I didn't realize until after playing through a couple of times  that you must leave Mike's Bar and travel a short distance before the icon indicating an available mission appears and you can accept a mission from one of the buddies.

Each buddy has two missions and when you complete all of them, your original "rescue ready" buddy will make an appearance at the bar and will offer a couple of missions -- assuming that he/she is still alive. I think that is where the extra two missions came from.

I accidentally killed my rescue ready buddy [ RIP Flora ] in Leboa but it was late in the Act and I had already done her side missions.   

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

I once had 43/40 but that was most likely a glitch (got assigned the same mission twice), at least I can't reproduce that (yet)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳