Hooked on FO3

Started by Ricamundo, October 23, 2009, 04:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

Hi Gord. If i understand, you're at a Fort(Constantine maybe?) and found the CO's office with a secret underground area that's locked and you have no key? If so you get the key from 3Dog, the Galaxy News Radio DJ in D.C.

His, is a pretty straightforward quest. He will ask you to travel to the Museum of Technology and grab the satelitte dish of the spacecraft on display and take it to the Washington Monument and install it up top, so the GNR signal can be heard everywhere in the wastes. He then gives you that key.

I just wrapped up my 2nd playthru a couple of days ago. I ended up with around 190,000 caps, and i still had a locker full of guns in my Meg house. 20 or so perfect assualt rifles, same # of Chinese assualt rifles, and many many laser/plasma guns, as well as spare miniguns and flamers, etc. But it's hard to sell off many of these weapons, when most merchants, at best, have 300-400 caps max, per visit.

I've just started another playthru of FC2, so i'll leave FO3 aside for a few weeks.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

retiredgord

Thanks for that info Ricamundo. I was just thinking of starting that quest ( I had met 3 Dog when playing in Texas but had to restart here. Yep, that's the spot. I have just finished serving lead sandwiches to the boys at the Lincoln Memorial and now have to find those escaped slaves. The two will be worked on. Today I just found my hidey-hole that's in the bunker of the National Guard. I'll have some goodies left there in case I need them later.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Ricamundo

Quote from: retiredgord on January 24, 2010, 06:42:25 PM
Thanks for that info Ricamundo. I was just thinking of starting that quest ( I had met 3 Dog when playing in Texas but had to restart here. Yep, that's the spot. I have just finished serving lead sandwiches to the boys at the Lincoln Memorial and now have to find those escaped slaves. The two will be worked on. Today I just found my hidey-hole that's in the bunker of the National Guard. I'll have some goodies left there in case I need them later.

Ah yes, i know the quest. There are a number of artifacts related to Lincoln in the Museum of History that you will need to find for those escaped slaves, once you find em. I know their location, but i cant remember the name of it, but perhaps you wouldnt want me telling you anyway. ;)

When on that quest, keep a lookout for other historically important artifacts that you may find, as the old guy in the Rivet City museum will pay you for. He also will give you a quest, if i remember.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

retiredgord

Oh hell..I sold the artifacts to the old guy at Rivet City. I wonder if that will present a problem with the slave issue?

Art Blade

As far as I remember the slave mission, the artifacts only had kind of a visual meaning (exhibits) but don't keep you from finishing.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Oh, sorry, Gord, i've mislead ya. ;) The artifact im thinking of for the Slave quest is a drawing of the Lincoln memorial showing it intact with the head attached. The stonecutter guy needs it. The other Lincoln related items can be kept, or sold to the slave leader, or the Rivet City curator.

There are other historically significant items you might come across, such as the Declaration Of Independence that you need to take to Rivet City.

PZ

Speaking of slave missions, I installed the slavery overhaul mod and am having great fun with it.  You get to use a dart gun, (and another modder has created a BB slaver gun) to stun humanoids (like raiders).

Starting the game with this mod, I went into the Super Duper market where I knew I'd find a few raiders - shot one with my BB slaver gun which stunned them so that I could enter talk mode - quickly snap a collar around their necks and voila, you have a new slave that does your bidding.  You can use them as a mule, and follow you around, or go to the slaver market and have the guy keep them in one of his jail cells.  This overhaul adds an entirely new dimension to the game.

Oh, I nearly forgot - I went into Moriarity's saloon and enslaved Mr. Burke - he now sits on his stool and waits for my instructions - naturally I liberated his trinkets, and if he doesn't behave, he gets to sit there in his underwear.  ;D

Art Blade

Excellent, PZ  ;D ;D ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Thanks again Ricamundo. I found the slaves but as you said the drawing is another quest I get to do. I checked the Museum of History but could not find it there and I don't think it was with the artifacts I sold to Washington in Rivet City.  Hmmm, I'm wondering where it could be. (Hint Hint) I don't consider these as spoilers but info trades.  lol . Those Behemoths are fun to battle. I manged to soften up the one near GNR with the Alien Blaster and then finish it with the regular laser. The one in the Congressional Hall I softened with about 7 missiles then finished with the laser rifle. Oh by the way even tho' I'm still a little clumsy with the lockpicking, I've got a strategy and some markings I use. I save just before trying and then w@&k my way thru. If I don't get the lock open I re-load and try again. I'm down to just 2 pins per lock at the most and have found about 17 so I'm good for a while.

Ricamundo

Nice one PZ!  ;D OK, Gord, the drawing is in the Museum Of History, but you must visit with the slaves, and get the quest first, or you wont see the drawing. Once you have the quest, go to the Museum Of History, and go into the offices, not Underworld where the Ghouls live.

If i remember, it's on a wall, at the top of a staircase in a large open area with lots of desks, and bookcases lining the walls. While you're in there, look for Lincoln's hat, repeater rifle, and a recording of Lincoln's voice.

PZ

Dang it!  While I was visiting Moriarity's, the Sheriff came into the bar and began to accost Mr. Burke who was sitting peacefully at the bar having a drink.  The Sheriff angrily accused Mr. Burke of something and they both stepped outside, and when I followed, Mr. Burke killed him!

Unfortunately, I'd not had the chance to do the disarm the bomb mission - oh well, load a prior save  >:(

It was a strange occurrence for me though, I've never witnessed the Sheriff doing that before.

Art Blade

Whoa! I've never witnessed anything involving the Sheriff, let alone getting him killed!  :o

PZ

I'm wondering if this had anything to do with the slavery overhaul - because Mr. Burke was my slave, I instructed him to stay in the bar.  On prior occasions starting the game, he left the bar and never stayed too long.  Now he's a regular bar fly.  Perhaps that irritated the Sheriff - the animation of the interaction between the two in the bar was priceless.  The Sheriff standing there yelling >:( and Mr. Burke sitting in complete innocence  ::)

Ricamundo

That is bizarre! One of the early quests for me is always to disarm that nuke so i get my Meg house, which is always my main base, even tho i have 2 other homes in that area from installed mods.

PZ

I've not yet destroyed Megaton - just can't get myself to "off" Moira in Craterside Supply and Nova in Moriarity's.  ;D

Art Blade

use a savegame, PZ, and do it. The bomb will please you very much if you trigger it at night... what a display... then revert to your savegame and play on rather innocently  ;D

PZ

I remember you recommending that method some time ago, but I just haven't gathered up enough courage to do it yet - maybe today!  ;D

retiredgord

In the partial playthru I was doing in Texas I didn't have the knowledge of what could happen at any time so I just played it the way I might do it  as myself. Well I told the sheriff after I had talked to Burke about Burke's offer. Well the sheriff just upped and ran off to Morairty's and got into an argument. The sheriff was killed and I had to kill Burke. I felt sad going to his house to tell the kid his dad was dead. Actually I just went to see if I could score the house and make it mine.
    This time I just heard Burke's offer and killed him then. However I'm finding my name on the hitmens' contracts that were put on me by Tenpenny.  I got there eventually and offed him and got the suite so I'm ok with the jerks that pop up every now and then trying to kill me. They go to Hell empty handed

Art Blade

Hehe, I was shocked the first time I looted one of those mercs who had a hit contract in his pockets with my name on it (like WTH! someone hacked my PC!)  :D ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳