Hmmmmm?

Started by KingRat, November 06, 2009, 02:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Hope this isn't to dark...

Was horsing around on my last run through; so after meeting up with Reuben, and instead of heading for the prison I headed to the armory NE of the port. Took the GL-AT from the airfield and dispatched the GP at the railroad tracks. Up to the armory I parked facing north wanting to ambush the patrol that comes down the road.

Without waiting to long I lobbed a few grenades in that general direction, and waited, and waited....still no patrol, Hmmm? Proceed to drive up toward the bridge where I hear voices and take some rounds? Got out, walked over to the edge and saw the 2 mercs standing on the AT...shot one then took the screenshot.

I downsized the pic a little /Art

fragger

:-X ?? That's different! I can't w@&k out how they could have gotten there...
It never ceases to amaze me, some of the places mercs end up in, along with their vehicles.
Nice capture!

retiredgord

I don't think I want them as parking attendants.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Although I've not seen one exactly like this, I've seen similar and my though has always been that the mercs have a lot of nerve - their behavior is as if it was YOUR fault that they are in their predicament.

fragger

Quote from: retiredgord on November 06, 2009, 03:05:03 PM
I don't think I want them as parking attendants.

;D "Your car, sir? Er - it won't be long, we're just washing it for you..."

@PZ: They are a hot-headed lot, alright! Must be the climate ;D

mmosu

They say violent crime increases in the summer   ;)

I had a merc end up on top of my jeep once . . . after I pinned him between the nose of it and the front door of the safehouse he was guarding  ;D ;D

Nice capture KingRat  :-X

Art Blade

funny pic, and the follow-ups too (lol fragger :) )

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

This doesn't really qualify as a "Hmmmmm", but I thought I'd stick it here anyway.

This looks funny to start with:

[smg id=1636]

But look what he's sitting on! Wouldn't you just love to pull the pin out of that one!

[smg id=1637]

Or that's the nastiest case of haemorrhoids I've ever seen ;D

retiredgord

Good shot fragger. Oh what devious minds there are in OWG.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

lol, we now have "sidewalk cafe dummies"  ;)

mandru

Quote from: fragger on November 09, 2009, 04:10:38 AM

But look what he's sitting on! Wouldn't you just love to pull the pin out of that one!

That is funny fragger.  :-X

Since I've been able to apply the command line tweaks and add a start game shortcut that allows me to play in god mode with unlimited ammo and non degrading weapons I've found that in Mosato Selao if I crouch on the UFLL front door step after getting the fight started the mercs will come up the front steps and in through opening in the surrounding wall to get at me. I wait until they've stepped fully into the enclosure and then drop them and the pile of bodies that grows is pretty amusing.

A dead body has no mass and can be waded through but when a merc is standing in a pile of dead bodies (dead buddies? hmm...) and he himself suddenly becomes dead, his physics becomes the same as the pile he's standing in so he slumps over with his feet mired in the mass of the pileup.

The nature of this part of the live mass -vs- dead mass mechanics in the game allows, if you time your kills for optimal placement of oncoming mercs within the pile, to build quite a remarkable mound of victims.

Eventually you will notice that as you add a merc to the top of the stack one will vanish off the bottom so unfortunately there is a limit to how many dead can be displayed at a time.

I had been trying to compose a funny screen shot out of this but it seemed a little lack luster, lifeless so to speak and I thought to myself "What's funnier that a honking big pile of dead bodies?" (this is purely in game of course  ;) ) and it came to me that a pile of flying dead bodies would be hilarious!

I broke off, made a trip to the nearest armory and swapped my grenade launcher for IEDs and once back in town first laid down a nice bed of several boomies to cushion the mercs as they fell.

After many attempts, (using a convenient save point to recharge my IED supply), of pile building and detonation to try to catch just the right screen shot I had to break off the effort because no matter how I tried to tweak the capture's brightness and contrast settings the explosions were too bright and stripped off too much latant image content to get it properly rebalanced to see just what's happening.

After about 150 screenies I could never get the shot that I was satisfied properly conveyed the moment.  :(

It's great fun to see but I'm going to have to let you all find your own golden moments with this one.

Man I love this game! It's like a really big playpen with a bounty of areas to explore, a boundless variety of things to try and oodles of the sharp and dangerous toys that mom would never let me keep.

But only if she caught me with them, that is.  ;D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mmosu

Quote from: fragger on November 09, 2009, 04:10:38 AM

To bad you can't set them off by shooting them!

@ Mandru:  That sounds like a riot, to bad you can't get a screenshot, that is one I won't be able to reproduce on PS3   :'(

fragger

Quote from: PZ on November 09, 2009, 05:59:33 AM
lol, we now have "sidewalk cafe dummies"  ;)

Hahaha ;D ;D

@mmosu: Whose teeth are those? Please tell me they're not yours ;D

EDIT: Found the answer in another post, glad we won't have to call you "Gummy"!

mmosu

LOL  ;D

Yeah, I'm finding the new avatar has a measure of initial shock-value  ;)

Art Blade

One could say you have outstanding teeth  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Tags:
🡱 🡳