To Clone or Not to Clone

Started by retiredgord, November 05, 2009, 08:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Amendment XXV: To Clone or Not to Clone

I knew there would be metal detectors for my mission into the White House but I took the Silverballer anyway figuring I could stash it and then pick it up later if needed. This assignment I took because of an incident where this man almost had his head blown off when I was a bit surprised at his appearance. He informed me that the acting V.P of The U.S. was in cahoots with the organizer of the bill to stop the clones and that I would be sure to be a target. I had to assassinate these two persons in order to save the President's life. Thus the gig at the White House.
     I came in on a tourist bus with the Sniper rifle in the foil-lined suitcase. It was raining and I by-passed the entrance to go to the side of the building where I dropped  "Ole Silver" on the ground. Maybe I can open this gate later but for now the gun has to remain here. Then I walked around and in the door and when asked put the case on the detector belt and passed through unhindered into the secure area. I was now able to pick up the rifle case and proceed to my next object, that being the handy washroom over to the left.
As I entered a person dressed in the uniform of a guard or such was exiting and headed over to the other side passing in front of a Marine on door duty. This I thought was my chance for a freedom of movement in the area. I went in the John and dropped the case and then got the sedative syringe ready for use. I used my map to let me know when another user would be coming this way. It wasn't long before I noticed a person on his way to the washroom. I crouched down took out the needle and when the door had closed I sneaked up behind him and sedated him. I dragged his body over beside the door out of sight and then changed clothes. I picked up my case and exited the washroom and noticed the guard had moved away.
     My next part was to try to access and steal the video tape of my entrance so as not to leave a picture of my handsome face on record. The room for that was through the guarded doors and then on the left. I walked through the doors as the Marine came out giving me just a passing glance and no hint of recognition. I went into the room and walked to the window like I was looking out, palmed the video tape and exited without anyone noticing. Now it was time to move upstairs for the next part of my plan.
     I went out and through a door leading through a dining area and then another door that opened on a long corridor with a door at the end and one on the right. The one on the right led to a door that opened up on a stair to the roof which was what I needed. The plan calls for me to access the roof, scoot up some scaffolding and enter the main building via the second floor. I'll then try to find the V.P. alone and kill him and then on to the other target. Having accessed the roof I found the scaffolding and proceeded to climb but had to stop most of the way up. I could see two carpenters talking more than working and standing more than nailing in the room I needed to access. I had to wait in the rain and that began to make me cranky. When one had exited the room and the other had his back to  me I scooted up and unto the top and hid behind the window, just in time as I could see a Marine had come out on patrol on the roof.
     Counting my blessings and thanking my lucky stars, or whatever, I waited until both men, according to my map were out of the room and there was no one going to enter. I jumped in the room and started to sneak over to the door on the far left that led into an adjoining room that was under renovation also. I was just about to enter said room when I heard the door behind me close. That damn carpenter had decided to come back a bit sooner than I had hoped and I had to head butt him. I then, HONESTLY, accidently shot him with the nailer he had on him. HONEST. He went down and out and I dragged him part way behind some covered furniture and hoped it would look like an accident. Hey maybe he can get some Compensation. I entered the room he had left and scurried over to the next room, a round bedroom, and then through into the next bedroom, damn, just in time to bump into a Marine on patrol. Quickly I did the head butt and punch out maneuver and quickly went through the next door into another empty room. I went to the window and popped out and put down the case. I went back into the room and found a carpenters outfit that should give me access to more of the building. I had to ditch the Museum Guards' uniform anyway as they will be looking for that uniform and whom ever was in it.
     Ok now according to my map the door on the left was at the top of a staircase that led downstairs to another set of rooms for relaxing and entertaining. So I left the room dressed in my spiffy new outfit and walked down the stairs behind the First Lady, I think it was she. I approached the Marine guard who searched me and then allowed me entrance into the first room. I went into the next which happened to be just where the V.P. should be entering. Ahhh, there's the person on whom I shall practice my form of care-giving. I bump into him and then turn, he looks at me and then turns away. I grab for the poison syringe that I had readied and sneak up and give him a good dose of what going to cure his earthly problems for good. It's the Hitman Impeachment Process.  He drops dead. I drag him over and open a container and dump him, without pity of course, into the container. He was a rotten V.P. and he'll smell that way soon enough.
    Ok time to exit this part of the plan. My other target is Mr. Parchezzi the third.  Hell, there were two before him? It's time to end this generation link now. He's located in the Oval Office of all places so I'll need a need getup for that part. I had noticed when on the balcony that an agent comes out for a smoke at the far end of the roof. Maybe he'll loan me his suit. I climb down the ladder with the rifle case and walk over to the scaffolding there. I leave the case behind a rock block and the watch the far door. Eventually a decorator comes out. He's not the one but the agent should be out soon. I walk over and get a quick glance from the decorator. He goes in and I ready the sedating syringe for the agent when he comes out for his smoke. Sure enough out comes the agent for his smoke and down he goes with a big headache later. I change suits with him and drag him over to near the rifle case but out of sight of anyone exiting that door. Now I can access the other bulls-eye.
      I entered the door and went through some cubicles to the far end of the room. There I left following the corridors to the stairs I need to go down and along past some more office cubicles to the Oval Office entrance. The other agents paid me no mind as I walked so I was sure I'd be able to accomplish this without excess bloodshed. When I entered I was confronted by Mr. P who knew who I was and why I was there. He said I'd fail and that his organization would take over the cloning research or something. He tried to shoot me but just grazed me and then he took off, setting off the Fire Alarm to keep me from getting him. He ran out through a different set of doors along through the office from the other side and then bolted for the roof door. I didn't run so as not to alert the other agents. I followed him up unto the roof.
     As I headed towards my rifle case I caught a round or two and ducked down to fit the rifle together. When it was completed I looked down to see his worried and ugly face waiting for me to advance so he could shoot me and escape. Sorry, that's not in my plan.
I set up and got the maximum magnification on the scope and squeezed off a round that gave him a third breathing orifice in his neck. He wouldn't be talking anyplace other than Hell.
     I packed up that real nice rifle and walked back to the other end, looked down at his sorry a$$ and climbed back up the ladder and entered the room. I walked out of the room as an agent and walked down the stairs towards the previous incident with the V.P. but kept straight as my map showed a corridor into the basement that I could use. I walked out through the doors over to the door and down the stairs. I went along the corridor and through the door at the end which just happened to be by the door with access to the roof that I first used. Now I'm in the corridor and heading out to the washroom to change again.
   The best laid plans of mice and men entered the equation. As I passed the guard room with the vid camera set-up the Marine came out and followed me out the door. I went into the washroom like I really needed to pee and he just happened to come over to near the door while it was still open. He looked in and I was standing over the body of the unconscious guard looking confused. The guard came in and not having seen me do this awful deed he didn't bat an eye. He stood there and I tried to act scared and walked out of the building without being stopped. I went over to where I had dropped 'Ole Silver" and put it away and walked over to the gate with the rifle. Hell, I can always get another suit, or it might cost me a few bucks to get it back. 
   In conclusion I earned 470 K for the job putting me up to 2.9 Million. There were 2 kills with one head shot fired. There were two witnesses and my cover was blown twice. A few bucks and my notoriety went from 47 back down to 32. The Noise was 3 and the Violence was 0.  Not bad. What next now that the Agency is closed?

The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

cool, Gord  :-X

That mission gave me headaches. You may laugh if I tell you I used to think there was no vid tape. Took me ages to shoot the vid cams unnoticed, and it literally took years to accidently find out there was indeed a tape recorder...

I only made it silent assassin once. Too many chances to blow your cover. Too many opportunities to kill someone, by accident or purposely... Someone? All of them...  ;D

"Mr P" shot you? He always used a remote detonator for me when I entered "his" office, that explosion both started the fire alarm plus sprinkler and put me down, and only then, regaining consciousness, I was able to get back on my feet and follow him.

A way to trick Mr P is to place your own explosives outside, sticking it to one of the oval office's windows. The windows are the only weak spot from the outside. You can see through the windows that Mr P enjoys walking around in circles, just time it right and blam! finish him :)

Another fun thing to do is right after the start, when an elderly lady walks behind a bus to have a smoke unnoticed. For some reason she puts her suitcase down, a few feet behind her back,  and you can slip in either a weapon (which will be detected and the poor lady will be arrested and led to a security office near the VP. You can retain your weapon there... and get it back if needed :) Or, you slip in an explosive device (which will not be detected). You can then set off the ladies suitcase when she's in the exhibition hall... and set off an alarm that drags most of the marines towards the lady... lol

There is a red uniform behind the warderobe to the right from the entrance, in a bathroom, where some museum guard takes a shower... and you his uniform.

Now, when the mission is over, and the credit screen shows, you can twirl good ol' Mr 47 a little and shake him up and back to live... read up a few posts prior to this, where that was already mentioned :)

Good game, well done, and interesting ways you told us how you solved your missions :)  :-X

A prize question to all of you: Does anyone know how to keep Mr P's modified 1911 pistol? I never had it in my armoury (if it is possible at all, that is)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

So it was an explosion. In the heat of the moment I didn't notice and thought it was a shot. It's interesting the things you brought out about the mission. I go by the important marks and  use or most often ignore them as too much trouble. Well on the next playthru there should be some interesting developments. Oh by the way I did finish the game..after about 25 tries. Even in slo mo it was tough to get enough head shots to keep most of my health. The last one I did get the head guy. I picked up the 1211 at the cemetery but I wasn't sure if was put in my inventory.

mmosu

I used to set the explosives off inside the lady's suitcase when it was going through the scanner (which would take out all the guards posted there) and by the time more guards responded I was already through the door with a wave of hot lead headed their way!!  :-*  Not the most subtle approach, but it got me in the door!  ;)  And I think the hardest I ever laughed over Hitman was the first time I saw her being led away after I slipped a piece into her bag!!

Art, I think that pistol was in my stash after completing the game, but I could be wrong.

Gord, congrats on finishing the first playthrough, I'm sure there will be many more  ;)

retiredgord

@mmsou. Yes definitely at least two. I'll try to keep my missions a bit more secretive. However, who knows what happens in a gamers mind when confronted by a chance for a nice explosion.

mmosu

I think we all have that twisted little voice inside that is constantly saying "Screw it! Burn this mother down!!!"   ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

absolutely.  ;D A brilliant idea, setting off the explosive while being scanned... and yes, I too was laughing until tears emerged from my eyes when the poor lady tried to convince the guards she was innocent while being dragged away lol

I was in the exhibition hall when some lady was admiring something behind laser protection. I pushed her towards it, that set off the alarm, but the gards came at me for pushing her :) Made me laugh though, watching her stumble into the lasers LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

"Excuse me Mr. Guard, but you have it all wrong.  You see, this deplorable woman was defacing this priceless piece of American history, and I was merely trying to stop her"  :-\

Art Blade

"I even tried to shoot her with one of those weapons I managed to slip in here, but you see, to no avail."

mmosu

"In fact, I'm the guy they hired to test security measures around here . . . yeah, that's it, and you've got some explaining to do mister!  You had better give those back, they're company property"

Art Blade

"Oh and, by the way, old chap, you might want to reconsider purchasing those 'bullet proof' vests from your current manufacturer. You could as well have your men envelop themselves in layers of fine blotting-paper."

mmosu

"No one would dare try to break in here anyway, you guys are really just here to produce the illusion of security so you might as well take it easy.  Now, as for me I am going to wonder around and assess security in other areas of the building, so ... um ...as you were soldier!"

Art Blade

;D tehee, just imagine he'd actually say all that stuff, it'd crack me up  ;D ;D ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳