Breaker, Breaker, we got #1 convoy Mission.

Started by retiredgord, November 10, 2009, 08:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Convoy Mission #1

I had entered the Gun shop to get some upgrades and do a purchase and when I had finished the owner asked me if I was interested in  interrupting the flow of bad merchandise a competitor had coming in over in the southwest. I needed the upgrade opportunity so I said yes to the proposition. The convoy would be on route passing by the Bus Stop there and I decided to leave the driving to someone else. I went to the stop over east of  Mokuba and copped a ride.
    In what seemed no time at all I was there and in the station, just in time I might add, as the convoy was just  passing by from the sound of the truck engine. Ok, I thought, I better plan this well as I have only 1 rocket left. I could run over to the gun shop and ammo up but I thought that by their route this could be an easy kill. Right, sure an easy kill. I set up behind a fence beside the road facing East and waited for the convoy to come into sight wanting to take out the truck with the rocket and deal with the guards after. I loaded the rocket and waited
    The convoy came into sight and range and it would be a pretty shot. Sure. As I squeezed the trigger I heard this sickening frump, cough and the damn rocket was a dud. It just barely cleared the tube before coming to rest spitting and sputtering about 20 ft in front of me and alerting the whole convoy crew. Well now there was that other sickening sound, the one of the over revved motor coming towards me. I just got off a few rounds with the Gold AK that I had found it in a shack east of the gun shop that's south of OGC. Well none of the rounds really found their mark and I had just time to scoot back around the station and in the door before the boys were parked in front. I unloaded a couple of clips and got the gunner and then the driver who had got out thinking he was a better shot.  Ooops, he's dead, I'm not. I looked over at some movement and saw that the boys from a safe house nearby had come to join the fun. I started to run out the other door and ran right into some rounds from guard truck # 2 who I had heard driving hard and fast but had not seen his location. Now I'm in trouble, I take enough rounds to start to go down that long dark tunnel when I found my angel's arms around me hauling my sorry a$$ back to my feet. She downs one merc, a couple of shot to the body and then a quick finishing one and gives me her pistol. I dig out a round and heal up, grab my AK and look around for the others. I have time to shoot one crouching near a bus and then see another heading towards Michele's back when I cut him down. As I walk about in the quiet picking up ammo and checking out the situation I notice the big truck seems to have come to a halt. Now whether a lucky shot from me, or Michele or cross-fire has stopped it I don't really know but I get ready to go and check it out. The truck has to be destroyed to get the Mission Accomplished message. As I walk back out to grab one of the A/T a lonely merc tries to stop me and in a short firefight I get an unlocked safe house.
       I hop in the A/T and drive over to the truck and find the driver dead. I have no 'nades (gotta remember to ammo up before doing these trips) so I hop up to the .30 cal and unload about a bucket load of rounds into the truck. I see black smoke and back off aways. When these things blow you have no idea where they're gonna land. Well the smoke increase and WHOOOMP , up she goes and down she comes. And the mission is over.
       I go back nod g'bye to Michele and head for the safe house where I'll rest and go looking for some gems, but only after visiting that nearby gun shop first.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

I think you just missed one gem. The one you nodded g'bye  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳