FO3 Cheats

Started by Art Blade, October 26, 2009, 09:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Great tips Art, thanks for posting!  :-X

fragger

(Whew!) Boy, am I gonna have some re-reading to do when I get this game! Hope I actually get time to play it... ;D

Ricamundo

Quote from: fragger on November 15, 2009, 06:35:15 AM
(Whew!) Boy, am I gonna have some re-reading to do when I get this game! Hope I actually get time to play it... ;D

Go fragger go!  ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

Another tip for the collector type of players

First, you should know the game engine sometimes produces some kind of hiccup if you stuff loads (like 50+) of different items into one single container, especially if you have multiple versions of one item (different states of degradation). It doesn't seem to be important if you keep a small amount of degraded items inside a container, though. Best thing to do is, find different containers and dedicate them to themes like "weapons" etc. Like that, it will be easier for you to keep track, too.

What the tip is about: Compare if you've got an item already (thinking of clothes and armour) or not. You know, walking around, shoot someone and go, "gee, I don't think I have this pre-war casual wear" and take it. When you get home, you'll check your container and go, "darn, got it already." You could either put it into a container for later sale, or get rid of it. Sell a used, broken item? Use degraded stuff yourself? Why??

Now the good part: if you cheat...

Open the desired container, say "armour," and you'll see a list of your current inventory and the inventory of the container, both in alphabetical order. Now change your sort order from "items" (all stuff unsorted) to "apparel" so you're not going to compare helmets with teddy bears... Now both lists match, compare your list alphabetically with the list of the container, and add to the container what's in your left list, but missing on the right list. Like that, you'll easily get a list of singular items, no matter what state they're in.

The stuff you've got left in your inventory you won't need any more? Put it in an empty box, open the console, click on the box, make sure you don't see "" (nothing inside the quotes) but someting like "box" (12345678) and type removeallitems to empty the box for good.

Now the container with singular items. Again, open the console, click on the container, make sure you see something like "container" (00ab12ab) and type inv + hit enter... you should see a list that displays both the name of the items and their IDs. Those IDs are what you need to duplicate those items...

see my previous post "duplicate items" :) Type player.additem <id> <amount> and ding! you've got a 100% new version in your pockets. That is cool if you want to change your clothes, or if you want your buddy to wear the same clothes as you do etc.

If you want to posess a special item, check the first three posts, there are lists of all existing items... go get them and put them in your container, for later reference and use ;)

Enjoy.  :)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Argh, I killed someone I didn't mean to!

open the console, click on the body so you get to see the ID. Then type resurrect and yes... there you are :)

For some fun:

You can shoot a Raider, then loot him. Then resurrect him. You can shoot a Raider, then loot him. Then resurrect him. You can shoot a Raider, then loot him. Then resurrect him. You can shoot a Raider, then loot him. Then resurrect him. You can shoot a Raider, then loot him. Then resurrect him...  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

oh, one more:

if you're dealing with an essential (immortal) character, be it an important quest character or a modded companion (dogmeat, Charon... like from ArtMod) you sometimes want to "refresh" them, when they lost strength due to battles, if they are wounded...

Console... as usual... then click on the character, type kill and wham, they drop unconscious (other creatures just die, you could resurrect them, see previous post) -- as soon as they get up again, they'll be fully restored regarding health etc. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳