Any PS3ers out there pumped for God of War III?

Started by mmosu, October 02, 2009, 04:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

That's a perfect way of putting it.  There is a moment at the end, once the dust has settled, when Kratos casts his eyes to the distant horizon and you get the sense for the first time that he realizes that he has destroyed the entire world in order to acheive his vengeance.  I feel it's a very significant moment (especially given what immediately follows) and an appropriate one, but the significance will undoubtedly be lost on some, and is probably partly responsible for the mixed reviews regarding the end of the game.  I look at it like I look at FC2 - amazing game, but they had to close it out somehow and there was no way to do it that would 100% please everybody. 

spaceboy

the order has been placed mmosu.  I got my $15 promo credit after JC2 shipped, so for $68 I  got GOW III game and soundtrack, plus a book and CD for my son.  Gotta love Amazon!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

spaceboy

btw, it arrived last week and I'm still not done with II...spending too much time on Panau.  I did play a bit of II last night though, I'm nearing the end.  I'm in West Auditorium. 

mmosu

It will make for a nice transition, since III picks up from the precise moment II leaves off. 

RedRaven

Finally ordered my PS3 today, comes with GoW3, seen trailer for it and now cant wait for it to get here so get stuck in it, looks really impressive. :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

ah sweet Red!  We'll be starting about the same time then.  I just finished GOW2 last night, I'll be taking a few days vacation on Panau (Just Cause 2) then start playing some GOW3.  ;D

PZ

Man, are you guys busy or what?  So many good games to choose from, so little time   :)

I passed a new local game retailer in town this morning, and the largest poster in the window was for Red Dead Redemption.

spaceboy

RDR is fixing to be HUGE.  Both the SP and MP have me drooling.

You're right PZ, I know I am totally spoiled right now, but with all these games, especially RDR, JC2, and BC2, I'll have enough to keep me going for awhile - there aren't any games past May release that I'm tracking on.  The only one I know of that has a release date scheduled is Force Unleashed 2 (12/31).  But all these awesome games will keep me happy for awhile, believe me.

RedRaven

The PS3 opens up a whole new side of gaming I am not used to, (not to mention having to look at the controller to find the buttons all the time :-\ )

Next on my list after GoW3 is going to be Just Cause 2, and a friend will be lending me Fuel too :-X .

And from what I`ve seen of RDR reckon it wont be too long till that finds its way onto my shelf too.

Just found out that "God of War - Collection" , (which is GoW1 & 2 redone on a single blu-ray disc for PS3) gets released on the 30th April 2010. :) .

So i will be able to play the whole trilogy ;D ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

You're going to have fun, Red!  I play the console and the PC, and if a game is good enough (like FC2, JC2) then I'll actually bite the bullet so to speak and purchase both versions because playing can be so different.  You'll find that driving anything is tons easier on the console, but aiming and maneuvering the player is much easier on the PC.

For instance in JC2 - I can hardly do the race challenges because driving/piloting with WSAD is very difficult for me while I can complete at least the boat and car races with ease on the console.  However, I feel like Rico is moving through molasses on the console, while on the PC he can reposition virtually instantly (e.g., I can turn Rico completely around at least 5 times on the PC for every one time on the console.)

spaceboy

Quote from: RedRaven on April 22, 2010, 12:23:08 AM
Next on my list after GoW3 is going to be Just Cause 2, and a friend will be lending me Fuel too :-X .

And from what I`ve seen of RDR reckon it wont be too long till that finds its way onto my shelf too.
Just found out that "God of War - Collection" , (which is GoW1 & 2 redone on a single blu-ray disc for PS3) gets released on the 30th April 2010. :) .

So i will be able to play the whole trilogy ;D ;D

Well you may know how much I'm enjoying JC2 so that's a great one, and of course FUEL was an exceptional game imo.  The racing was fun, true open world races, plus the free roaming (especially with a group of friends) was just a ton of fun.  If we can get around time zone issues (hard to do I know) I'd go online with you.

As for GOW Collection - glad to hear they finally released that in the UK.  That's the version I just finished and the remastered versions look great (I never played the originals), plus a great value with 2 games on the one disc.   Are you going to go through 1 and 2 before 3?  I do recommend it, although its not entirely necessary, it helps you to get into the characters and understand Kratos quite a bit.  I'm really geeked now to start III  ;D

RedRaven

Seeing as GoW collection is out in just over a week have decided to get that and play through both 1 & 2 before diving into 3. (not that it will stop me from having a sneaky peek at 3 when my PS3 finally arrives ::) ??? ).
Until then have access to couple of dozen games from friends to keep me going (oh, and learn where all the buttons are without having to look!)

As for Fuel, will most definitely have to sort some mutual drive time out. It is the only driving game that has ever appealed to me, no track to stick too, no other drivers to compete with, just the thrill of gasoline and burning rubber. (and the many, many inevitable crashes ;D )

Will let you know when its all hooked up and running :-X

mmosu

I'm with spaceboy on this one Red, don't touch GOW III until you put I & II to bed!  The beginning of III is SO epic, if you even sneak a peak it might steal some of the rightfully deserved thunder from I & II.  They're both great games but they were originally designed to run on the PS2, and even remastered the effect won't be nearly as impressive as the opening scenes of III.  Trust us on this one  ;)

RedRaven

Have ordered GoW Collection so can play them in order. In the mean time just picked up Limited edition of FC2 for the PS3, that should keep me busy for a while ;D

PZ

You'll enjoy driving FC2 vehicles on the console  :-X

mmosu

Yeah, just remember to turn off the motion sensor function - it's annoying in FC2 when you're trying to drive in a straight line and can't because you're not thinking about the fact that you're not holding the controller perfectly level.  I went through this once and it took me awhile to figure out why I kept veering of the road  :-[

spaceboy

played the first few "levels" of GOW II yesterday and it was such a thrill.  The fight with Poseiden was incredible (especially the second half) and the last part - when it switches the viewpoint to Poseiden's eyes - watching Kratos about to kick your a$$ was wicked cool!

I've gotten to the Judges of the Underworld.

Oh and the opening "credits" with all the shots of the first two games, and Gaia speaking...just great.  Definitely glad I played the first two to appreciate all you(Kratos) has done to get to where you stand now...

RedRaven

The more I read and see about the GoW trilogy the more eager I am to get playing them. Always liked Greek mythology too :-X

spaceboy

Quote from: RedRaven on April 25, 2010, 10:24:18 AM
The more I read and see about the GoW trilogy the more eager I am to get playing them. Always liked Greek mythology too :-X

What's really neat is my son has just finished reading the entire Percy Jackson and the Olympians series while I was playing GOW 1 and 2.  It was great talking to him about the different Gods and creatures.  Many of the same things are touched on actually.  I'm now reading that series myself (on book 2) and it is really enjoyable.  I highly recommend it for kids and adults - my son is 9.  He's watched me play some of the GOW games (not the you know what scenes of course).  But slaying minotaurs is ok imo.

mmosu

spaceboy

:o

uh yeah, that's why kids can't play these games.  I have to say it'd be nice to have an option to remove those - the game would probably be rated T then, allowing younger kids the joy in fighting mythical beasts and gods.  Fantasy violence is the least of my concerns, then it becomes "realistic" violence against humans, and next is anything in the sex arena - that's just inappropriate for kids.

cool vid though  ;)

mmosu

A buddy of mine emailed that link to me with a subject line that read "No wonder you like God of War so much"
At least in GOWII you aren't forced into that situation like in I and III, making it, in effect, "optional"

spaceboy

I actually missed it in GOW II, I just didn't smash that wall I guess.

Oh and I'm still early in the game, I just met Hephaestus (sp?) - really cool looking graphics - I watched him w@&k on those rocks for like 3 minutes.

And I cracked open the soundtrack CD I bought and listened to some of it on the way to w@&k.  Fantastic music - it is so powerful! I'm so glad I bought it.  I absolutely love the orchestral voices singing/chanting along with the music.  Man that pumps me up!  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳