Music Discussion

Started by RedRaven, September 30, 2009, 10:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Let's see what you think Art.  Similarities coincidental?

Quote from: Art Blade on September 08, 2010, 09:01:28 PM
Ahhh.. one more for you, mandru.. an MCS70 recording of 1978 ;D

Automat - Droid

Vangelis -Pulsar-from Albedo 0.39 1976

Vangelis, Albedo 0.39 - Pulsar

Albedo 0.39 is a personal favorite album I had on cassette tape that I used a lot for long distance driving so when I heard Automat - Droid I flashed straight to Pulsar.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I know that one already because some nice chap who I think is still with us posted this:  :)

Quote from: mandru on October 16, 2009, 08:54:26 AMArt, I can only respond to your cool link with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZaLkfvQ714

;D

It IS cool music.  :-X

But by the way, your previous post shows a link unavailable in my country and the link I quoted is dead now.

I think the Vangelis Droid and the Automat Droid is comparable with how Kingsley's Popcorn and Hot Butter's Popcorn relate.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Sorry about the duplication there.   :(  Getting old I guess and I can't remember everything I say these days and I say a lot of stuff.   :-D

When I click the link you quoted Art, it opens a new window in Youtube  and fires it right up.  There must be some kind of international blocks still in place that are interfering possibly for Europeans or even a wider audience.

As for duplicated themes...  I wish I earned a penny each and every time a song played on the radio with the G, C, D chord progression.   8) :-X
- mandru

Art Blade

:)

The music industry is quite relentless and quick when it comes to brazen through their interests. The most impressive example I've seen so far was a vid taken down only 12 hours after being uploaded.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Just a quick info: I'm not going to post about music here any more except replies to other people's posts. If you want to check what I'm currently up to (whenever you want to know) just click my signature to check out my YouTube channel which is dedicated to stuff I like. :)

fragger

Quote from: mandru on September 10, 2010, 04:27:48 PM
As for duplicated themes...  I wish I earned a penny each and every time a song played on the radio with the G, C, D chord progression.   8) :-X

:-D :-X

Some folks do, unfortunately.

I don't listen to the radio anymore - in fact I think I switched off around 1978 - but on occasion when I hear it whilst being out and about, one thing I notice (and which gets my back up) is just how rampant and shameless the plagiarism of older music has become. Well, it's not really plagiarism, it's straight out duplication. Seems like every second song consists of some old riff or other piece of music that has been sampled and had new lyrics or a techno beat superimposed over it. I've heard riffs from Stevie Wonder's Superstition, Steppenwolf's The Pusher, Rod Stewart's Do Ya Think I'm Sexy, and many more that don't spring to mind immediately, where this has been done. It's such a blatant tactic to get rich quick while putting in as little effort as possible. Why knock yourself out creating original music when you can just lift someone else's and paste your own words over it? The people engaged in this practice are at best poorly gifted amateurs, and at worst are just plain dirty cheats, IMO.

They probably think a chord is what you use to keep your bathrobe fastened.

mmosu

I found this while watching clips of the old muppet show with my daughter . . . reminded me of a discussion that took place a few pages back  :-()

The Muppets - Popcorn

"I think there's a K in knucklehead" . . . classic  ^+-+

deadman1

Swedish chef, my favorite muppet  :-X (and yes that´s how we swedes sound when we try and speak english  >:D)
Spoiler
no not really  ;)

mmosu

Everything I know about Swedish culture I learned from the Swedish chef.  For example, I know that you're all wildly inaccurate with a meat cleaver, and also you make salads by tossing a head of lettuce up into the air and shooting it with a blunderbuss. 
Spoiler
Not really  :-() :-X

deadman1

Quote from: mmosu on November 25, 2010, 04:17:57 AM
Everything I know about Swedish culture I learned from the Swedish chef.  For example, I know that you're all wildly inaccurate with a meat cleaver, and also you make salads by tossing a head of lettuce up into the air and shooting it with a blunderbuss. 
Spoiler
Not really  :-() :-X

^+-+

Art Blade

"this video is not available in your country."  >:((  :D

mmosu

No flippin way!!!!  :D :D :D
Awww man, you the one I had in mind when I posted that Art  >:((

Let's try this one - posted by a different user
Muppets popcorn song funny and catchy

Interestingly, the video is flipped 180 degrees from the one I posted first . . . weird  ????

Art Blade

works  :)

^+-+

thanks, matey :-X

JRD

Great find mmosu :-X

It took me to another muppets video...

...then another...

...then another...

...then another...

...then another...

...then another...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mmosu

Ah yes, the tangled web that is YouTube  :-()

Art Blade

I'm not even going to start to comment on that.  ;D

mmosu

But I know you want to . . .  :-D

Art Blade

no. I'd need to start not a new post nor topic nor board but an entire new site/forum for that.  ^+-+

Ricamundo

http://en.video.canoe.tv/video/comedy/fail/88963890001/worst-band-butchers-pink-floyd/696471552001   Lol, just lol. Not even sure if this should be in the music section, but it doesnt deserve it's own thread!
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

mandru

???

Ow, Ow, Ow!

Seriously, I've had less painful root canals.  :'(
- mandru

Art Blade

Thank you, mandru, really. I am absolutely grateful for your last comment.

It kept me from checking that link and from possible brain damage  ;D :-X

mandru

- mandru

mmosu

Good grief!  That sucked awesomely . . . sucksomely if you will.  We need a "thumbs-down" icon for me to adequately express my emotions! It hits bottom around 2:50 when he tries to hit the top  ^+-+  I wish my ears had been comfortably numb before I clicked the link  :-()

mandru

I did enjoy the singer's professionalism in how he displayed the advanced skill of waiting for the music to catch up before plowing into the next line.   ???
- mandru

Art Blade

just reading those comments of you guys makes me happy (because I avoided that link)  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳