What I did on my day off

Started by fragger, September 21, 2009, 07:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

That's those huge tanks at PO, yeah I noticed that too. I think it's just a little bug in the code. You can get them to respawn if you leave Bowa (go to Leboa), on your return the entire southern map gets a proper respawn and then you'll see those big tanks are back in shape :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Just had another day off...

Nasreen and I went to Bowa for lunch. Nice restaurant in the street... While She didn't say much, I had to complain about the food they served there. We wanted some crème brûlée for desert, not some half-rotten jellyfish in second-hand engine oil. The argument was a little noisy, perhaps... Didn't need to pay the bill after the entire staff of the restaurant had passed away.

[smg id=1514 align=center width=400]

So we decided to leave town, and my car behind. I don't know, however, why it went up in flames when I showed them how a proper crème brûlée was fixed. We needed a new ride... So I took the liberty of taking a silver Liberty parked next to a road leading out of Bowa. When she complained about the colour of the Jeep I had taken from Bowa (middle), I grabbed the red one (right) from a nearby GP and was followed by a copper Liberty (left) driven by some reckless merc whom she shot down (down left).

[smg id=1515 align=center width=400]

I allowed her to pick one of those Liberties. She took the red Liberty... and off we went. Never knew that place where she took me, but we spent the night. Next morning's picture:

[smg id=1513 align=center width=400]

:)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Great read with fine pictures - every time someone posts a screen cap, I want to get back into the game - never happens for games other than FC2... man I love this game.

fragger

Looks like you and Nasreen are becoming a bit of an item, Art! ;)
Could there be a merc wedding in the offing? I can just see it... You and your new bride coming out of Leboa church through an honour guard with AK47s, all your merc friends throwing empty shell casings on the happy couple before you jump in your white Unimog (with a string of IEDs tied to the rear fender) to head for your honeymoon at Goka Falls for a week or two of intimate sniping together... ;D

Nice piccies btw :-X

Art Blade

thanks :) And no... I'd rather bang my head on an IED until it sets off than take a pixel-bride  ;D ;D

RedRaven

At least there is always the option to reprogram or even delete a pixel-bride, easier on the wallet too. ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I can even shoot her  :-* ;D Just a game, peeps. Just a game!  :)

PZ

Quote from: fragger on October 05, 2009, 04:04:46 PM
Looks like you and Nasreen are becoming a bit of an item, Art! ;)
Could there be a merc wedding in the offing? I can just see it... You and your new bride coming out of Leboa church through an honour guard with AK47s, all your merc friends throwing empty shell casings on the happy couple before you jump in your white Unimog (with a string of IEDs tied to the rear fender) to head for your honeymoon at Goka Falls for a week or two of intimate sniping together... ;D

Nice piccies btw :-X

rofl!  :-X

Art Blade

hehe, apart from the wedding stuff, the text is funny  :-X

fragger

Forgot to mention, that's a great read, Art! :-X ;D

You've inspired me... I'm gonna screw up the courage to ask Michele out on my next day off. Wonder how much "French" she knows ;)

Art Blade

great, already droo... erm, waiting impatiently :)  :-X

Anyone else out there with a female rescue buddy can have the same sort of fun, maybe someone else is up to a little "day off" too  :)

Art Blade

Just realised, doesn't necessarily have to be a female rescue buddy  ;)

JRD

Quote from: fragger on October 05, 2009, 04:22:57 PM

... I'm gonna screw up the courage to ask Michele out on my next day off. Wonder how much "French" she knows ;)

To the end of the queue bro... and watch out!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Hehe  ;D Maybe you've heard of the advice some wise grandma or grandpa sometimes give: If you want to be happy and keep a woman, don't take the most beautiful one. There will always be rivalry, there'll always be men who want what you've got, and you'll never be sure about her cheating on you or not. If you take a woman who is not so beautiful, she'll be grateful and stay with you, if you treat her well. Keep her laughing and she'll stay with you forever. :)

Go on, drool about Michele, like almost everyone out there, and fight over her  ;D

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on October 06, 2009, 06:33:34 AM
Hehe  ;D Maybe you've heard of the advice some wise grandma or grandpa sometimes give: If you want to be happy and keep a woman, don't take the most beautiful one. There will always be rivalry, there'll always be men who want what you've got, and you'll never be sure about her cheating on you or not. If you take a woman who is not so beautiful, she'll be grateful and stay with you, if you treat her well. Keep her laughing and she'll stay with you forever. :)

Go on, drool about Michele, like almost everyone out there, and fight over her  ;D

You too, to the end of the queue... and enough of that yadda yadda yadda...
... AND DON'T MAKE ME SAY IT AGAIN, SON!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I never liked her  ;D Keep that queueing to yourself  ;D ;D

Art Blade

Alright. Something to do without girls on a day off. Have some fun with your merc friends in Sefapane and a Desert Eagle (only).

I decided I'd devide up the town. One half from the western entrance near the railway to and including the Headquarters estate, the other half from that "street" that is right in front of that estate crossing from north to south, starting with those buildings that are in line with the garage, the bus wreck and the church, to the eastern end of town.

So I parked my car outside town at the western entrance next to the railway and shot the merc guarding it. I used the extra stealth sneak approach to crouch around the buildings, which was fun. I heard one merc go "You sure something's up?" and the other mercs weren't sure, so I shot the next. Now they knew something was up. I shot a couple of mercs until I didn't see any more, but one was close to me (heard his footsteps on the other side of the wall behind the HQ), he was moving around while I did the same, following him. We actually rounded that wall once entirely until I stopped and waited for him - bang :) My weapon went up, I had won the first part of the battle. The warning to escape the cease-fire zone had vanished.

Now I walked to that N/S road in front of the HQ and on towards the aforementioned other half of town, where I heard a merc whistle happily. I saw a guy leaning on a wall, and some fellow merc sat on the ground next to the wall. I shot the sitting one first. Now every merc of that part of town went mad and homed in on me, so I had to fight with precisely aimed shots. I told myself not to panic and blast away but to concentrate and do proper headshots (or at least hit someone instead of tunnelling air). So I managed to kill those mercs too. Game, set, match - not even chalk dust involved, I actually not only survived it using only my Deagle, I didn't even have to use one single syrette ;D Of course I had to gulp down a malaria pill, and no coke to wash it down with. That was the only bitter moment :)

To celebrate my victory, I set the town on fire. Come visit Sefapane Pyro Paradise  ;D

[smg id=1518 align=center width=400]

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 06, 2009, 01:19:24 PM
...I heard one merc go "You sure something's up?" and the other mercs weren't sure...

lol, you gotta love those poor schmucks!

Art Blade

yeah :)

just edited, I entered from the WEST.

The division is not fiction, it actually works. Did it twice in a row and it happened in the past but I didn't know there was a line you can avoid crossing. just stay out of sight and behind the HQ, at least behind that n/s road = only west. After finishing them all off without setting the place on fire, the mercs in the east don't notice the mayhem which is actually quite funny  :)

fragger

:-X Love that screen pic! Niiiiiice...

Art Blade

Art Blade

Something I forgot to mention: Should you have the same problems with your buddy, if she can't decide which car to pick... A little silverish round lot can be quite some fun when you need a random decision :)

[smg id=1520 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1521 align=center width=400]

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on October 06, 2009, 06:33:34 AM

Reminds me of a tune from my high school days> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KE1EoZSz4g&NR=1

;D

Art Blade

OH GOSH!  ;D I'm not sure, if you listened to stuff like that in your high school days, if those were happy days  ;)

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on October 16, 2009, 08:44:35 AM
OH GOSH!  ;D I'm not sure, if you listened to stuff like that in your high school days, if those were happy days  ;)

1963 the year I graduated  ;D How can you diss a tune that went gold, sold over a million copies and hit #1 on Billboard?

Song was based on the 1933 Ugly Woman by Roaring Lion (Calypso)

another one of my favorites from the wayback machine> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7zNlmzAo14

:-X ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳